More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Good movie forums.

Go down 
+6
G section
Lazenby.
colly
Fairbairn-Sykes
Makeshift Python
The White Tuxedo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Good movie forums. Empty
PostSubject: Good movie forums.   Good movie forums. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:07 am

Anyone know of any? Just asking. I don't intend to leave B&B, it's just a shame this place isn't generating a hell of lot of activity.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Good movie forums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good movie forums.   Good movie forums. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:14 am

I go to CHUDforum, but I hardly post beyond Bond/Trek. I really don't consistently visit other forums than this one, I'd love to see more activity as soon as Bond centric news starts booming.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Good movie forums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good movie forums.   Good movie forums. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:23 am

Hmmm. I want something...... I dunno. Something about real cinema, beyond the latest blockbuster. A forum dedicated to classic films would be great.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Good movie forums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good movie forums.   Good movie forums. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:29 am

TCM may be an option: http://forums.tcm.com/ At least it's not pitch black, and it probably attracts a... ahem... better crowd.

I want knowledgeable folks with taste who can form sentences. That narrows the field a lot.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

Good movie forums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good movie forums.   Good movie forums. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:41 am

Honestly this is the only place I go. I just don't care enough to do the work to build the bonds and respect in a forum that I already have here.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

Good movie forums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good movie forums.   Good movie forums. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 5:09 am

I'm with FS on the fact that I dont think I have the effort left in me to start anew with a completely new forum and adjust myself into a whole new crowd, even if that TCM ones looks like its got a good handle on classic American stuff. Though the look of the forum kind of lacks a bit of personality.

That said, I do occasionally go reading around looking for new recommendations...

http://simplyclassics.proboards.com/index.cgi - I've been a member of this for about 5 years (and made about the same number of posts); you need to register to see whats happening in the forum. Looking at it now, it doesnt seem to get a whole heap of traffic, but its got a marvellous picture section with thousands and thousands of pics of hot babes from the classic era. Which is always good to take a look at now and then. ;)

http://fiftieswesterns.wordpress.com/ - the 50s western blog is always a fine place for some good reading and recommendations.

Apart from that - its usually just to random page I look at.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Good movie forums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good movie forums.   Good movie forums. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:47 am

I can honestly say that the old MI6 and now here is where I've always found the best posts from members about films, which is why I don't really go anywhere else. Though I do agree with Tux that things are a bit quiet here right now in this regard.

In my own case, I'd have loved forums such as these about 15 years or so ago, when I couldn't stop watching great movies and was really blitzing through them with a passion. Unfortunately I'm not in that place anymore, haven't been for a long time, I've seen most of the great movies I've wanted to see years ago and my opinions are all pretty much spent already on them through years of discussion elsewhere and on forums. Though, on the other hand, maybe I'm not missing out on too much, as most film interaction on forums seems to be rapidly descending towards little more than someone telling their mate on Facebook that Hangover 2 was "awesome" and that I have "2 c it".
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

Good movie forums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good movie forums.   Good movie forums. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 3:31 pm

I have a look at these two now and again:

http://www.criterionforum.org/forum/

http://www.vicious-trollop.com/userforum/index.php

The latter is particularly good for finding recommendations of rather obscure films.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Good movie forums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good movie forums.   Good movie forums. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:58 pm

I was on TCM's for a little while, but thought it quite dull. Same for MUBI and Criterion.

The problems with popular, premium forums is that children often infiltrate them, because no one has the balls to tell them to get the fuck out. That's one of the reasons why I stick around B&B; I know children aren't going to have any say over here. When I discuss cinema, I want to discuss it amongst people who actually know about films.

I don't think I've encountered any in-depth or decent discussions about serious cinema past the Mi6 crew. Tried CBn, too, which only resulted in laughter, mostly because of Ambler's responses to the children over there. laugh
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

Good movie forums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good movie forums.   Good movie forums. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:47 pm

I would pay good money to see you guys light IMDB on fire.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

Good movie forums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good movie forums.   Good movie forums. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Mubi is very good, but half the time I have no idea what they're on about. But when they do discuss a topic I know something of, it's very rewarding. I need to start posting there again soon.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Good movie forums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good movie forums.   Good movie forums. EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:52 pm

HJackson wrote:
Mubi is very good, but half the time I have no idea what they're on about. But when they do discuss a topic I know something of, it's very rewarding. I need to start posting there again soon.

They need to work on the forum layout. It's horrible.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Good movie forums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good movie forums.   Good movie forums. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:10 am

It's not really film-focused, but Arts & Faith (Harm's dwelling) is worth a look. Lots of informed, good humoured posters who can carry a debate. I believe Ambler signed up early this year, but soon kicked up a hornet's nest and left.

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Good movie forums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good movie forums.   Good movie forums. EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 7:14 pm

God bless 'em.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good movie forums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good movie forums.   Good movie forums. Empty

Back to top Go down

Good movie forums.
Page 1 of 1