More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Film Articles & Interviews Thread

Go down 
+14
Perilagu Khan
lachesis
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Salomé
Largo's Shark
trevanian
Jack Wade
Hilly
saint mark
Gravity's Silhouette
Control
Harmsway
The White Tuxedo
colly
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Film Articles & Interviews Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film Articles & Interviews Thread   Film Articles & Interviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 10:35 pm

"Tony Leung and Andy Lau to Team Up in New Action Film ‘Goldfinger’"

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/tony-leung-andy-lau-felix-chong-goldfinger-1234911605/

Babs is probably somewhere having a meltdown: "No new films called 'Goldfinger' without Daniel Craig."
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Film Articles & Interviews Thread   Film Articles & Interviews Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 1:02 am

She wanted to paint him gold.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Film Articles & Interviews Thread   Film Articles & Interviews Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 11:27 am

That title is an act of deliberate provocation!

Or (more realistically) a possible copyright breach.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Film Articles & Interviews Thread   Film Articles & Interviews Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 11:17 pm

Since it's an action film, as opposed to a romcom, for example, I'm willing to be it does breach copyright. I won't be surprised if Eon orders an injunction.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Film Articles & Interviews Thread   Film Articles & Interviews Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 3:31 am

They sued over a show being titled Solo in 1964 because Mr. Solo was in GF. Of course he title will be changed.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Film Articles & Interviews Thread   Film Articles & Interviews Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 2:40 pm

This is why the film I'm working on is Her Majesty's On Secret Service. Fools will never stop me... colgate
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Film Articles & Interviews Thread   Film Articles & Interviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 11:01 am

Maybe change 'On' to 'Own' to be 100% on the safe side. Makes sense and everything! laugh
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Film Articles & Interviews Thread   Film Articles & Interviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 1:38 pm

That'll work for sure. Rest falls into place.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Film Articles & Interviews Thread   Film Articles & Interviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed May 12, 2021 5:58 pm

THE PROTÉGÉ, new film directed by Martin Campbell.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Film Articles & Interviews Thread   Film Articles & Interviews Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu May 13, 2021 11:03 am

Keaton usually gives good villain, and Campbell's no slouch when it comes to action ... might be fun. Hosepipe stunt is straight outta Die Hard, though.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Film Articles & Interviews Thread   Film Articles & Interviews Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 2:02 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Greta Gerwig's film, Lady Bird, has topped Rotten Tomatoes list of films with 100% rating with 170 reviews. Toy Story 2 was the past mantle holder at 163 reviews. Trailer and article in the link.

https://www.pedestrian.tv/film-tv/film-with-10m-budget-best-rated-rotten-tomatoes/ 

Looking forward to watching this one. What's made the reception of this film brilliant is that it was made on a $10m budget. I wonder if this will encourage more films in the low-mid range budget. I've been feeling nostalgic for all those great 70s/80s/90s dramas such as those by Barry Levinson, Sydney Pollack and Mike Nichols, so here's hoping for a return to that style of film making.

Realize this is going back more than a bit, but I'm trying to get caught up on things here. I actually did a story on that film's cinematography that wound up being orphaned when the outlet got bought up and turned into a news aggregate. I still haven't seen the damned thing because it brings up bad memories over getting stiffed, but I really should make the effort, because I love movies that get made for so little, they are the engines that try harder. SEBERG cost something like 9 mil, and while you can tell it wasn't extravagant, I would never have guessed below 30mil. Plus I really dug it.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Film Articles & Interviews Thread   Film Articles & Interviews Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 3:57 am

I'd forgotten I'd posted about that. I just bought it on DVD recently, actually.

Those low-mid range dramas are still struggling to get up. It used to be Woody Allen's gig (ironic, considering the push for stronger roles for women and yet they cancel the one man responsible for consistently providing that!) but perhaps I think Mr Greta Gerwig (Noah Baumbach) is the man for that task now. Marriage Story was made on $19m.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Film Articles & Interviews Thread   Film Articles & Interviews Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Film Articles & Interviews Thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4