More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)

Go down 
+10
Hilly
danslittlefinger
GeneralGogol
Moore
colly
Vesper
CJB
Salomé
Largo's Shark
Control
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Britain and France too.

In the UK there's a feeling of payback for Lockerbie and Yvonne Fletcher.
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:36 pm

ambler wrote:
Britain and France too.

In the UK there's a feeling of payback for Lockerbie and Yvonne Fletcher.

Yes indeed.
There won't be a stick left standing after this one.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Seeing the headline "Coalition launches attacks from air and sea" I thought Nick Clegg had finally lost it.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:39 am

I wonder who's footing the bill for America's participation in this mess?
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:11 am

Mr. Brown wrote:

Our great-grandchildren
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:41 am

lalala2004 wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:

Our great-grandchildren

I didn't realise you and Brown were an item. ;)
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:43 am

CJB wrote:
lalala2004 wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:

Our great-grandchildren

I didn't realise you and Brown were an item. ;)

Or that he donates sperm?
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 7:49 am

Canada has sent it's 6 fighter jets! Go Team Canada!

What's protecting the north pole from the Ruskies now? Eskimoes?
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:14 am

tiffanywint wrote:
Canada has sent it's 6 fighter jets! Go Team Canada!

What's protecting the north pole from the Ruskies now? Eskimoes?
Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 Iorek%20Byrnison
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:39 am

^ laugh and if the bears don't stop em, we've got lots of these guys

Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 Baby%2BSeal
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:44 am

Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 December
"I kill you with my cuteness! Rwarr, gimme me a hug! I eats you!"

(Can I just say I find that so freaking adorable. I want a seal pup)
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:23 am

Cute Cute Cute............meanwhile back in Libya a deranged Gadafi says kill em all.....kill the cute little fur balls....and orders air strikes on the Canadian Arctic. :pale: .......Canada calls its jets home to defend its tundra and wild critters.
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

PostSubject: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:25 am

Revolutions in the Middle-East. Regimes in Egypt and Tunisia tumble. Spark protests in Yemen, Libya, Bahrain, Iraq, Algeria, Morocco, Jordan, and Oman. Qaddafi says country over-run by Americans and al-Qaeda members on drugs. Threatens people. NATO bombs. Rebels ride around in trucks. Fight West. Pushed East. Fight West. Pushed East. NATO bombs. Rinse and repeat. The rebels have entered Tripoli.

Now that I've tried to catch those up to speed with a horribly broad, vague, non-informational recap.....discuss...

Favorite picture from all this...

Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 86360-Hitchens-quot-The-Iraq-Effect-quot&docid=PWFLhbhWDEbD9M&w=460&h=287&ei=2TZUTsPHFYSSqQGAyryoAQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=340&page=1&tbnh=126&tbnw=202&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=49&ty=55&biw=1280&bih=675
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:28 am

There's an old thread here:

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t179-the-world-s-policeman-strikes-again

If a mod could merge these together, that'd be great.
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:30 am

thanks. Couldn't find it for the life of me. Figured it was somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:42 am

Topics merged.
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:53 am

Thanks Brown.

So, Qaddafi being the squirrel he is, has most likely left. The big question is where? Venezuela? CNN ran a quote from an American official saying he could still be in Tripoli. My money is against that.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:00 am

My bet's on South Africa. That's why EON's going there.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:03 pm

Obama may be feteing him at the White House. The guy might be just a mis-understood victim of western insensitivity.

Seriously, good to see him driven out of town. New boss could be the same as the old boss, though.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:35 pm

Quote :
Libyans Go To The Polls For The First Time

He has been offered thousands to sell the military hat he stole from Colonel Gaddafi's bedroom as the dictator's empire collapsed around him, but he insists he won't be tempted.

Instead Hisham al Windi is waiting for a time when Libya is secure enough to display the hat in a museum - security is still the biggest challenge in the country as the population prepares to go to the polls for the first time.

Nearly a year after Mr al Windi rampaged through the colonel’s compound in Tripoli with hundreds of other rebels, the country is still awash with weapons and the transitional government is unsure whether it can maintain security at polling stations, particularly in the south and east.

But that’s unlikely to deter nearly three million people, including Mr al Windi, who have registered to vote.

"This is what we fought for," he told me as we drove around the capital.

The young man captivated his fellow Libyans, and the world, when he spoke to Sky News on the day the rebels breached the Gaddafi compound (August 23) calling on Libyans to unite and forget the hurt of the past and move forward together.

His obvious astonishment at being able to walk into the colonel’s bedroom and take his pick of the dictator’s personal possessions captured the collective excitement sweeping the country and came to symbolise the end of the Gaddafi era.

He has become a minor celebrity since, appearing on several television programmes and being interviewed by media from around the world.

His interview with Sky News was turned into a musical rap and became an internet sensation, searing Mr al Windi’s actions and engaging interview into the memories and hearts of his fellow countrymen and women, as well as ridiculing the dictator they had come to hate at the same time.

"I want to eventually get into politics and help shape my country," he said, "but not yet. Many parties have asked me to help but I want to learn and grow up a bit first."

Instead, the 27-year-old is likely to accept a teaching post immediately and then move into politics.

We went back with him to the Bab al Aziziya compound for the first time since last August.

The Gaddafi compound, which once contained its own zoo and football pitch for the dictator’s amusement, has been reduced to rubble and is now being used as a dumping ground for rubbish.

"I don’t agree with this," Mr al Windi said, "it is destructive and short-sighted. We should remember our past and we should have kept it as a memory so people know what happened."

The exterior walls have been demolished and those parts of the Gaddafi house still standing have been stripped bare and burned.

"The rebels were afraid in the weeks after the storming that Gaddafi would still come back so they wanted to destroy this to send a message to him and the country that there was no coming back," he said.

(Gaddafi went on the run after the compound was stormed and was only found about two months later.)

We wandered around the destroyed building together as the former rebel reminisced about those heady days of revolution.

"This was his office. It had a huge library," he said, "I found a set of stairs leading down into an underground bunker which had oxygen tanks and a bedroom with a single bed which I think must have been for Gaddafi."

He wandered around the labyrinth of rooms underground and discovered the nerve centre of the Gaddafi empire. It was an office with banks of telephones and computers.

"I tried telephoning my mother," he said, "but I couldn’t get through. Part of me thought ‘I wonder if he’s still here but he had gone’."

The young former fighter still has his weapon stored away in the house he shares with his parents in the capital.

"I haven’t got it out since that day. I hate it," he told me, "but this is Libya’s problem. There are too many guns. Everyone has one but while my neighbour has one and my neighbour knows I have one; we keep them, just in case."

He is hugely excited about finally voting on Saturday. "I can’t wait," he said, "and I hope everyone votes and does not vote based on tribe or allegiances or anything. This should be a vote for a new Libya, for our future and we have much to be happy about."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/libyans-polls-first-time-140803997.html

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:30 pm

Al-Queda and Co. will be running the show over there in no time.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:52 am

I'm sure their democracy will be as fruitful as that of Egypt or the Weimar Repunlic.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:48 am

It's amazing how many people supported the military intervention in Libya after being brainwashed by bogus media coverage and reports. The same thing's happening with Syria.

Forget 9/11. Al-Queda's our new ally in the Middle East.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)   Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Libya (also known for the guy with the crazy outfits and speeches)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2