More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?

Go down 
+17
Vesper
Harmsway
Control
jet set willy
Hilly
coco1997
CJB
lachesis
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Prisoner Monkeys
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
The White Tuxedo
dalton
Makeshift Python
Perilagu Khan
secretagent007
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: s   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Hilly wrote:
Imagine at the premiere, PETA pelting Babs with God knows what...Well...

Pelting her with calamari, no doubt.

Last edited by Perilagu Khan on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Pelting here with calamari, no doubt.

that too :)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Mike Wilson introducing her as his little octopussy.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 1:16 am

FieldsMan wrote:
I really liked the deaths of Wint and Kidd in DAF on the ship, from the entire abseiling sequence down the ship with the sheet, and all that jazz. When I was reading it, I imagined Craig in the entire sequence, save for the abseiling bit.

Still think this should make it to Bond 24. Could make for a very cool scene. Obviously Wint and Kidd would be different characters.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:37 am

Funny, I imagined Craig in that sequence too. Then again I imagined Craig in the first four books, then from FRWL it was Connery. As for Wint and Kidd, they were nothing like the film version so the only thing to change is their names, but overall they're pretty stocky henchmen in the novel.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:23 am

I can't remember that scene at all (but DAF is one of the few Fleming novels I don't own a copy of). Can someone please refresh my memory?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 7:44 am

From memory: Wint and Kidd are exactly one deck below Bond's room. Bond uses rope to climb out of his window and down to window of Wint and Kidd's room. To his luck, it's open for him to sneak in and catches them off guard (they're playing cards).
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:12 am

Doesn't Bond use the bed sheets to abseil?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:21 pm

trevanian wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Mike Wilson introducing her as his little octopussy.

laugh
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Funny, I imagined Craig in that sequence too. Then again I imagined Craig in the first four books, then from FRWL it was Connery. As for Wint and Kidd, they were nothing like the film version so the only thing to change is their names, but overall they're pretty stocky henchmen in the novel.

I think the rough analogue to this scene in the film is when Bond goes mountaineering about outside the Whyte House.

And, yes, FM, he fashions bedsheets into a rope of sorts.

Also, in the novel, once Bond surprises Wint and Kidd, they call out American football signals to coordinate their counterattack against 007. How would that come across in a film? I honestly don't know.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Quote :
Also, in the novel, once Bond surprises Wint and Kidd, they call out American football signals to coordinate their counterattack against 007. How would that come across in a film? I honestly don't know.

Could be the much desired return of the 'Benign Bizarre', Khan :)
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:22 pm

It'd be just plain wacky!

:)
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 6:34 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Doesn't Bond use the bed sheets to abseil?

Yeah you're right. Same idea anyway.
Back to top Go down
00Twelve
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
00Twelve

PostSubject: Re: What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 4:05 pm

I feel like I'm alone on this, but I'd love to see the buried treasure money-laundering plot curiously never taken from LALD. Considering the state of economies worldwide, it'd certainly carry some relevance, and the required dose of the fantastical.
Back to top Go down
http://www.felixleiter.com
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 pm

The general malaise of Bond's ever day life would be gold for any of the films, but with the more objective escapism of the cinematic version you can't go too far down this road sadly. Thus we will never get too much in the office Monday through Friday, but maybe we can see some of Bond's flat (think something like seeing into the character a'la the titles for The IPCRESS File). It's been too long since we got that long glimpse at Roger's badass manual espresso machine.

The Fleming scene that always springs to my mind, and one that could and should have been in the films long ago, is any of the many moments where 007 is in some hotel room or elsewhere alone and is preparing to leave and potentially die at any moment. This is when he does the cleaning/oiling of the gun (Beretta or Walther) and pumps out all the rounds. He tests his current frame of mind with dry quick draws before replacing the ammunition placing the gun in its holster and checking his suit lines to see how much the bulge may give him away and then exits the room prepared for death.

The closest we got to this was the minute preparations of 007's room at Sans Souci in Dr. No and the wonderful deleted scene in Licence to Kill. It's a small moment for sure, but completely defines the character's purpose.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:31 pm

I agree. This scene should be shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?   What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What unused Fleming ideas would you like to see in a future Bond film?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4