More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted

Go down 
+10
Santa
Hilly
Perilagu Khan
danslittlefinger
GeneralGogol
Gravity's Silhouette
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Fort Knox
j7wild
Largo's Shark
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:49 pm

Sharky wrote:
Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
With the increasing radical Islamization of Turkey, this may be a case of filming while the filming's good. Might not be long before western film crews will not be safe there. That said, surely there are fascinating and more unique places to film in Turkey than Istanbul. Ankara? Ismir?

There's also the cave houses of Cappadocia.

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Cappadocia

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Cave-hotel-cappadocia

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Dome-cave-church-goerem-cappadocia-4

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Cappadocia-cave-resort-2

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Cappadocia2

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Cappadocia_79-t

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Cappadocia-20jpg

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 2994969257_45d43cccce

I believe the production designers on the original PLANET OF THE APES were said to be inspired by these, when designing the ape village for the Hollywood lot.

Another benignly bizarre wonder is the Pamukkale ("cotton castle") salt waterfalls.

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Pamukkale2

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Pamukkale-turkey-travel-tours

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Beautiful+place+1

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Pamukkale-big2

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Pamukkale2

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Pamukkale_turkey_973537

Looks like a giant wedding cake. You could stage a pretty amazing fight sequence on that, with some stunning helicopter shots (a la.YOLT).

Ya know, I'd still really love to see these locations in SKYFALL.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:56 pm

I think I like the cave houses more than the saltfalls. Although the saltfalls would look good if shot right.

Somehow, though, I doubt SKYFALL will shoot there.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:01 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/film/2012/01/18/james-bond-on-a-budget-skyfall-being-filmed-in-bognor-regis-after-cuts-115875-23705143/

Not really knowing much about the media in England, I don't know what to make of THE DAILY MIRROR. But considering everything I know about BOND 23 I learned from the Internet and the rumors turned out to be true, I'm not going to be so quick to dismiss this article. Something tells me that somewhere in the story there is a kernel of truth:

His car’s an Aston Martin, his martini is shaken not stirred and his suit’s perfectly tailored – but perhaps not for much longer.

James Bond producers have had to slash their budget and are shooting in Bognor Regis after scrapping plans to head for six different exotic countries to make the next 007 film Skyfall.

Instead of distant locations such as India, China and Bali, they are using various UK beaches. Skyfall will also rely heavily on special effects and advanced sets at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire.

A source said: A source said: “To say some of the cast and crew are a bit gutted is an understatement.

“Originally six different countries were selected to film certain scenes but after several technical and financial problems, it was decided to scale back and just use Turkey as the sole foreign location.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/film/2012/01/18/james-bond-on-a-budget-skyfall-being-filmed-in-bognor-regis-after-cuts-115875-23705143/#ixzz1jwc2Vigo
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Not really knowing much about the media in England, I don't know what to make of THE DAILY MIRROR.

The Daily Mirror's one of the vilest rags we've got, and is perniciously anti-Bond. The "James Bland" article after Craig was cast was from them, and they'll do anything to humiliate EON.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:23 pm

Sharky wrote:
Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Not really knowing much about the media in England, I don't know what to make of THE DAILY MIRROR.

The Daily Mirror's one of the vilest rags we've got, and is perniciously anti-Bond. The "James Bland" article after Craig was cast was from them, and they'll do anything to humiliate EON.

That should make it the flagship paper for many on BaB.

:)
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 am

Sharky wrote:
they'll do anything to humiliate EON.
Is there a particular reason for their dislike of EON and Bond? I know they don't like Daniel Craig because he doesn't think much of tabloids (which they have interpreted as a challenge to their collective manhood), but what about Bond? Do they just not like EON because so many other tabloids do, or is this some long-standing grudge, like EON black-listing them after they broke an embargo years ago?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Sharky wrote:

The Daily Mirror's one of the vilest rags we've got, and is perniciously anti-Bond.

Oh, so it's edited by Barbara Broccoli then.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:29 am

There are quite a few stories now about the Bognor Regis location. I've written a blog about it on my site - http://www.filmnav.co.uk/2012/01/21/from-bognor-regis-with-love/
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Sorry, willy, but there are four major points in the stories that prove just how rubbish they are:

1) They claim filming was going to take place in Bali - but there were never any plans to shoot there.
2) They claim shooting in Shanghai has been scrapped - but Daniel Craig is believed to be there right now.
3) They claim shooting in India has been scrapped - but we know it was dropped back in September.
4) They claim shooting will instead take place in Bognor Regis - but the local government has said they have received no requests for filming permission.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Sorry, willy, but there are four major points in the stories that prove just how rubbish they are:

1) They claim filming was going to take place in Bali - but there were never any plans to shoot there.
2) They claim shooting in Shanghai has been scrapped - but Daniel Craig is believed to be there right now.
3) They claim shooting in India has been scrapped - but we know it was dropped back in September.
4) They claim shooting will instead take place in Bognor Regis - but the local government has said they have received no requests for filming permission.

Supposedly many of the Shanghai scenes have been doubled in the UK, but no doubt certain cover and establishing shots will need to be done in Shanghai. Maybe Craig is over there for a few days to do these scenes, who knows.

India has been scrapped, dropped, whatever. I don't see what your point is. This is confirming that India has been dropped as a location, regardless of whether it was back in September or not.

I doubt Bognor Regis or EON will want everyone knowing a Bond shoot will be taking place on their beaches if it has to be a private location scene, so I would take whatever the local government says with a pinch of salt.

Either way, I'm not bothered by this story. All I care about is the end film. If we get something as decent as CR, but filmed on a shoestring budget with Withernsea or Skegness doubling up as Barbados, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.....
Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:39 pm

There were reports today (Jan. 21) that Craig is in Manilla to visit his wife, not in Shanghai. Meanwhile, the Swiss James Bond fan club has evidently published pictures of what may be a second-unit crew filming

(SPOILER SPACE)

A car chase there. Not much of a spoiler, but some people really, really don't want even a hint of a spoiler.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Napoleon Solo wrote:
There were reports today (Jan. 21) that Craig is in Manilla to visit his wife, not in Shanghai. Meanwhile, the Swiss James Bond fan club has evidently published pictures of what may be a second-unit crew filming

Which proves my point.....
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Napoleon Solo wrote:

I think if this holds up to be true, and we don't get the first unit doing any on-location work in China or Turkey, then it's going to *feel* like an insulated, less-expansive, cheaper film. What's more, we'll get a lot of DAD thrown in, with a lot of stage work, special f/x fakery (like Bond going to "Hong Kong" by having him show up in front of a green screen) or we'll get action sequences filmed that have no connection to the actors because they were never physically on location (like the glacier car chase in DAD), or we'll get a continuation of squandered, missed location opportunities like we had throughout Brosnan's entire run.

The massive secrecy surrounding this film is the only thing right now really keeping me interested. They're going to have to put together one hell of a great teaser trailer this May for me to start getting excited about SKYFALL.
Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:59 pm

I would think the first unit will film in Turkey. MGW and BB were photographed signing papers with Turkish officials. I can't imagine they'd that (be photographed, that is) just for an agreement to have a second unit come in. But that's a guess on my part. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:20 pm

jet set willy wrote:
Supposedly many of the Shanghai scenes have been doubled in the UK, but no doubt certain cover and establishing shots will need to be done in Shanghai. Maybe Craig is over there for a few days to do these scenes, who knows.
And how is that any different to what was done in QUANTUM OF SOLACE, with the Siena safehouse and art gallery sequences being shot at Pinewood? The tabloids like to make out that this is a recent phonemena, with most stuff being filmed on location, which we know to be untrue.

jet set willy wrote:
India has been scrapped, dropped, whatever. I don't see what your point is. This is confirming that India has been dropped as a location, regardless of whether it was back in September or not.
The articles published by The Mirror and picked up by everyone else imply that India being dropped was only a recent decision.

jet set willy wrote:
I doubt Bognor Regis or EON will want everyone knowing a Bond shoot will be taking place on their beaches if it has to be a private location scene, so I would take whatever the local government says with a pinch of salt.
There is no evidence that they even intend to film in Bognor Regis at all.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:08 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

There is no evidence that they even intend to film in Bognor Regis at all.
Other than the many stories that have now been published in various newspapers around the world....
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:12 am

jet set willy wrote:
Other than the many stories that have now been published in various newspapers around the world....
Almost all of which can be traced directly back to The Mirror. It's like that story about the Serbian cellist who claimed she would be scoring SKYFALL (which she called CARTE BLANCHE) and writing the title theme. Blic - a Serbian tabloid - published it, and websites like Den Of Geek, Cinema Blend and Ain't It Cool News ran with it. But jsut becuse they posted it based on what Blic had published, that didn't make it true.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:45 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
jet set willy wrote:
Almost all of which can be traced directly back to The Mirror. It's like that story about the Serbian cellist who claimed she would be scoring SKYFALL (which she called CARTE BLANCHE) and writing the title theme. Blic - a Serbian tabloid - published it, and websites like Den Of Geek, Cinema Blend and Ain't It Cool News ran with it. But jsut becuse they posted it based on what Blic had published, that didn't make it true.
Fair enough, although you'll find many of the newspapers leading with this story are major global news organisations, and not a tabloid in Serbia, or a few movie blog websites....
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:23 am

Nevertheless, they are taking the word of a tabloid - The Mirror. All they had to do is quote an anonymous source, and that would probably be enough for most entertainment writers. The Mirror dislikes Bond in general and Craig in particular, and they have a history of publishing stories that make the films look back. When QUANTUM OF SOLACE was filming in Panama, I think it was The Mirror that made a union strike on the other side of the city look like the revivial of an inner-city gang war, one that production was not only caught up in, but had started with their ignorance (it started as a story that some sound equipment had been stolen, then it became the producers paying some local youths to guard their equipment, then those local youths were apparently members of a gang, and then they were members of a gang on another gang's territory, and then it was an all-out war between those gangs with Daniel Craig trying to use a prop gun to scare some of them off).

SKYFALL may still film in Bognor Regis. Production appears to be looking at doing some scenes in or near Elstead, and there was talk of some filming on Ilkley Moor, so they obviously want some stuff done in the British Isles. But the whole story read like it is intended to be inflammatory - massive budget cuts, with exotic locations like Bali and China scrapped in favour of a dreary Sussex town. It was intended to turn people against Bond, to make them think "Oh, well, maybe it won't be so good after all".
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:47 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Nevertheless, they are taking the word of a tabloid - The Mirror. All they had to do is quote an anonymous source, and that would probably be enough for most entertainment writers. The Mirror dislikes Bond in general and Craig in particular, and they have a history of publishing stories that make the films look back. When QUANTUM OF SOLACE was filming in Panama, I think it was The Mirror that made a union strike on the other side of the city look like the revivial of an inner-city gang war, one that production was not only caught up in, but had started with their ignorance (it started as a story that some sound equipment had been stolen, then it became the producers paying some local youths to guard their equipment, then those local youths were apparently members of a gang, and then they were members of a gang on another gang's territory, and then it was an all-out war between those gangs with Daniel Craig trying to use a prop gun to scare some of them off).

SKYFALL may still film in Bognor Regis. Production appears to be looking at doing some scenes in or near Elstead, and there was talk of some filming on Ilkley Moor, so they obviously want some stuff done in the British Isles. But the whole story read like it is intended to be inflammatory - massive budget cuts, with exotic locations like Bali and China scrapped in favour of a dreary Sussex town. It was intended to turn people against Bond, to make them think "Oh, well, maybe it won't be so good after all".
I think the story was more in jest, poking a bit of fun. Tabloids are all about selling newspapers, and negative news and gossip is what seems to sell in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Well, I suppose it really depends on where you stand. I tend to see tabloids as inherently - if not openly - malicious, exploiting people to pad out their bottom line and to say that they have the most readers. Consequently, I tend to view anyone who works for a tabloid with utter disdain as they profit off misery and hedonism and rumour-mongering. The Mirror knew perfectly well that what they print is bullshit, but they print it anyway.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Well, I suppose it really depends on where you stand. I tend to see tabloids as inherently - if not openly - malicious, exploiting people to pad out their bottom line and to say that they have the most readers. Consequently, I tend to view anyone who works for a tabloid with utter disdain as they profit off misery and hedonism and rumour-mongering. The Mirror knew perfectly well that what they print is bullshit, but they print it anyway.
Not just The Mirror though...they all do it. The term `Gutter Press' wasn't given the label to them lightly....... ;)
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:14 pm

I'm just using The Mirror in this case because they printed the Bognor Regis stuff. I know all tabloids do it. But the damn thing is tht people know perfectly well that all they do is spew crap, but they swallow it like it's prime rib.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:03 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
I'm just using The Mirror in this case because they printed the Bognor Regis stuff. I know all tabloids do it. But the damn thing is tht people know perfectly well that all they do is spew crap, but they swallow it like it's prime rib.
Sometimes the stories can be genuine. Not everything the gutter press print is false. Ocassionally they do get it right, so it's probably a little difficult to dismiss all their stories, especially when they are referring to high level sources.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:23 am

http://video.cnnturk.com/2012/yasam/4/6/james-bondun-istanbul-macerasi

Quote :
James Bond is coming to Istanbul

James Bond franchise’s 50th anniversary . Following some scenes in Adana , a part of the famous film 'Bond 23' will be captured also in Istanbul.

The film producers were admitted to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism in order to shoot in Istanbul .
After the acceptance of the application by the Ministry, the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality decided a number of places will be shot in the film.
In the conference of the UKOME , a geodetic decided to temporarily shut down to traffic Sirkeci and Balat in the district of Fatih during the shooting of the film. For 14 days between April 7-30, the determined points in Sirkeci and Balat will be closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic from 6am to 6pm.
Shots of Tahtakale, the Egyptian Bazaar, Eminonu Square, the Post Office in Sirkeci, Eminonu docks especially together with the Balat Jewelry located at The Kiremit Avenue will be carried out in the streets .
Also one of the places at Eminönü Square will be closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic for filming.
Between the hours of operation the zones will be closed to traffic, all the necessary measures will be taken in order to provide convenience to the team.

http://www.istanbulajansi.com/2/1/11/6916/James-Bond-istanbula-geliyor.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next