More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Rolling Stone readers poll

Go down 
+9
Ravenstone
saint mark
Lazenby.
Loomis
Harmsway
Control
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
Gravity's Silhouette
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

Rolling Stone readers poll - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone readers poll   Rolling Stone readers poll - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 6:11 pm

The rocked up version of We Will Rock You....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone readers poll   Rolling Stone readers poll - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Sharky wrote:
Laz is spot on about Stock Aitken & Waterman. The worst kind of airheaded bubble gum pop.

Some of the early PWL is quite adventurous. Respectable has a great groove and check out the synth solo at 2:09.

And while using music as a tool may be despicable this track is great for running up that hill...

Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone readers poll   Rolling Stone readers poll - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:21 pm

Harmsway wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Okay, this is the worst. Without a doubt. "We Built this City" and that WHAM! song are stupid, but at least they're cheesy bad. Olivia Newton John's song makes me want to slit my wrists.
"Physical" was awesomely redeemed by Goldfrapp:

Mind = blown.

Still, the Newton John one blows chunks.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone readers poll   Rolling Stone readers poll - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:36 pm

Vesper wrote:

Mind = blown.

Still, the Newton John one blows chunks.

At the time Newton-John's "Physical" was a huge hit and was catchy, but it does sound a bit dated 30 years later. Still, how many videos can you say were made back in 1981 that were so sexually explicit(?) that MTV would probably still have a problem airing it in 2012? I'm not quite sure her video would even qualify for rotation on basic cable music channels today; all the partial male nudity would still make most viewers uncomfortable, no matter how much she played it for laughs.

I think Newton-John also essentially ended her career as a musical force with that song. She never did have another #1 hit in the U.S. after Physical, and her career faded away. Same with Sheena Easton. They both abandoned their family-friendly audiences for sexually suggestive songs and then never quite recovered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone readers poll   Rolling Stone readers poll - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rolling Stone readers poll
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2