More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Occupuy the London Stock Exchange

Go down 
+6
GeneralGogol
The White Tuxedo
Control
CJB
Gravity's Silhouette
Largo's Shark
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Occupuy the London Stock Exchange Empty
PostSubject: Occupuy the London Stock Exchange   Occupuy the London Stock Exchange EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:34 pm

Quote :
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange joined about 800 people at a heavily-policed rally in London's financial heart on Saturday, part of worldwide protests against corporate greed and budget cutbacks.

The demonstrators, some of them masked, were pushed back by police as they marched from St Paul's Cathedral to the London Stock Exchange, situated around the corner from the famous landmark.

There were only minor scuffles with five people arrested, three for assaulting police officers and two for public order offences, Scotland Yard said.

"Today's protest has been largely calm and orderly," a statement said.

The demonstration went on after nightfall, with police urging protesters to leave the area.

Organisers in a group calling itself OccupyLSX were hoping for thousands of participants after some 15,000 people expressed support on social networking sites Facebook and Twitter.

Assange, flanked by bodyguards, got a warm reception from the demonstrators as he addressed them from the cathedral steps.

"One of the reasons why we support what is happening here in Occupy London is because the banking system in London is the recipient of corrupt money," the Australian said.

The marchers, bearing banners reading "Strike Back", "No Cuts" and "Goldman Sachs Is the Work of the Devil", were ringed by police cordons while mounted officers and vehicles stood by.

After London's police were severely criticised for being caught out by riots in August, they were clearly taking no chances Saturday and were out in force.

"Police have a duty not just to provide a proportionate response, but to minimise the potential disruption to Londoners going about their business. This isn't an easy balance to strike," said Scotland Yard.

Ben Walker, 33, a teacher from Norwich, eastern England, was carrying a rolled-up sleeping bag and said he planned to spend one or two nights in the area.

"I'm here today mainly as a sense of solidarity with the movements that are going on around the world," he told AFP. "We're hoping for a kind of justice in the global financial system."

British student Amy Soyka, 22, who set up a tent outside the cathedral said: "I feel passionately that young people have been let down. All this hope and opportunity has been taken away from them... It's a terrible situation and we shouldn't even be in this economic situation."

She was among a number of students at the rally: others came from Greece, Spain, South Korea and the United States.

But the protest, to the sound of guitars and drums, was overwhelmingly peaceful and the cathedral remained open to visitors.

Inspired by the Occupy Wall Street movement and Spain's "Indignants", people took to the streets across the world Saturday, targeting 951 cities in 82 countries.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/london-indignant-protesters-clash-police-114341952.html

Occupuy the London Stock Exchange Occupy-London-Stock-Excha-010

Occupuy the London Stock Exchange Occupy-Wall-Street-protes-007

Occupuy the London Stock Exchange Article-2049486-0E61EA8900000578-39_634x405

Occupuy the London Stock Exchange Article-2049486-0E61EA3D00000578-472_634x422

Occupuy the London Stock Exchange Block-protest-300x205

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Occupuy the London Stock Exchange   Occupuy the London Stock Exchange EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:42 pm

The masses are assembling, being agitated by professional rabble rousers such as the unions and community activists.

Yeah, it's gonna get ugly.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Occupuy the London Stock Exchange   Occupuy the London Stock Exchange EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 10:52 pm

We've got a horde of brainless copycats doing the same thing in Sydney. For a bunch of Yank-haters, the Australian Left sure do love to steal ideas from the US.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Occupuy the London Stock Exchange   Occupuy the London Stock Exchange EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:21 am

I'll be occupying the bathroom tomorrow morning, if that counts for anything.

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Occupuy the London Stock Exchange   Occupuy the London Stock Exchange EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:31 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
I'll be occupying the bathroom tomorrow morning, if that counts for anything.

Producing something not too dissimilar to the Occupiers, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Occupuy the London Stock Exchange   Occupuy the London Stock Exchange EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:42 am

I say you should drop a bomb, Brown. Or a brown bomb.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Occupuy the London Stock Exchange   Occupuy the London Stock Exchange EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:31 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I say you should drop a bomb, Brown. Or a brown bomb.

That will surely bring down the banksters.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Occupuy the London Stock Exchange   Occupuy the London Stock Exchange EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:35 am

'Codex Alimentarius' sounds painful, no wonder that bloke doesn't want any more of it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Occupuy the London Stock Exchange   Occupuy the London Stock Exchange EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:39 am

Quote :
British student Amy Soyka, 22, who set up a tent outside the cathedral said: "I feel passionately that young people have been let down."

Fortunately, I've been able to find Amy a position at Baker Street, and she is now able to 'feel passionately' all day long. I do like a happy ending.

Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Occupuy the London Stock Exchange   Occupuy the London Stock Exchange EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:57 am

I heard the British Police wrote tickets to the people who wore masks for wearing masks;

is wearing a mask in public illegal?

Are they going to cite everyone on Halloween including little kids then?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Occupuy the London Stock Exchange   Occupuy the London Stock Exchange EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Occupuy the London Stock Exchange WifeOfOilWorker
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Occupuy the London Stock Exchange   Occupuy the London Stock Exchange EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:36 pm

Just as well they took a picture, I wouldn't have time to read...

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Occupuy the London Stock Exchange   Occupuy the London Stock Exchange EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:13 am

j7wild wrote:
I heard the British Police wrote tickets to the people who wore masks for wearing masks;

is wearing a mask in public illegal?

Are they going to cite everyone on Halloween including little kids then?

In many cases the masks are a blessing, some butt ugly protesters out there and living rough doesn't bringout their best!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Occupuy the London Stock Exchange   Occupuy the London Stock Exchange Empty

Back to top Go down

Occupuy the London Stock Exchange
Page 1 of 1