More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...

Go down 
+14
lachesis
The White Tuxedo
Harmsway
Prisoner Monkeys
GeneralGogol
j7wild
Aris
Hilly
Prince Kamal Khan
Perilagu Khan
FourDot
Santa
Largo's Shark
Blunt Instrument
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:57 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Aris wrote:
Very interesting move. I'd love to see a more political tone on this one.

That's the last thing I want to see. QOS was the most politicized Bond film yet and suffered because of it.

Think he meant political intrigue as opposed to the neo-liberal agitprop in QOS.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 4:03 pm

Probably so, Shark.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 7:16 pm

Mendes is gathering a predominantly British cast. I can imagine Finney as a Blofeld/Stromberg type of villain. As for him playing M, he should've been cast as M in 1995.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 6:24 am

GeneralGogol wrote:
I can imagine Finney as a Blofeld/Stromberg type of villain.
Except that that's not what the article says at all. True, it's written by a tabloid, but at the same time, it's all we have to go on. And it quite clearly says that Finney would play a career politicial who has amassed a lot of muscle and isn't afraid to flex it. He'd be M's "boss", even if it is not a formal appointment, but rather someone who has worked his way into that position.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 6:25 am

Sharky wrote:
Albert Finney in God Mode. I love it.

I really need to see MILLER'S CROSSING.

You haven't already? :shock:

The Dresser is still his best work, though. Perhaps Under the Volcano, too.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:26 pm

UNDER THE VOLCANO has a marvelous title sequence.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:44 pm

Harmsway wrote:
UNDER THE VOLCANO has a marvelous title sequence.

Wasn't it put together by one of Huston's sons?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:33 pm

FourDot wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Albert Finney in God Mode. I love it.

I really need to see MILLER'S CROSSING.

You haven't already? :shock:

Apart from TRUE GRIT, it's the only Coen's film I haven't seen yet.

FourDot wrote:
The Dresser is still his best work, though. Perhaps Under the Volcano, too.

THE DRESSER is friggin amazing. Tom Courtenay should have won an award too.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 5:50 am

Finney would have been too young for NETWORK.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 6:48 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:

Yup.

Though, he does a pretty good job of passing himself off as a much older man in Lumet's Murder on the Orient Express.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:10 pm

FourDot wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

Yup.

Though, he does a pretty good job of passing himself off as a much older man in Lumet's Murder on the Orient Express.
And in SCROOGE, where he seems positively ancient, despite being only in his 30s. (He is, by far, my favorite Ebenezer Scrooge.)
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Excellent news, but he'll need enough material to make it worthwhile and that has a caveat -

I really hope this doesn't foreshadow the Bournesque plot line 'M is assassinated, traitor within, Bond goes rogue because this time its even more personal' which I feel is just waiting for Purvis and Wade to murder.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:05 pm

lachesis wrote:
Excellent news, but he'll need enough material to make it worthwhile and that has a caveat -

I really hope this doesn't foreshadow the Bournesque plot line 'M is assassinated, traitor within, Bond goes rogue because this time its even more personal' which I feel is just waiting for Purvis and Wade to murder.

Could be a hybrid of that and Fleming's TMWTGG McGuffin.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:40 pm

But one wouldn't want that after Alec, Vesper, Mitchell, etc. wait a few more films before introducing another British traitor.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:13 pm

If these reports are true, then I'm delighted. I love Albert Finney and, even in his advanced age, I'd take him anyday as a replacement M or in any other role for that matter as long as the writers do his talents justice.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:52 pm

lachesis wrote:

Yep, that's the only reason I'm not shouting from the rooftops in elation at the casting of one of my favourite actors. I'd be very excited by the casting of Bardem and Fiennes as well if this film boasted a Bond-friendly director, producer and writer.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:47 am

Sharky wrote:
He should replace Dench.

This.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 6:44 am

lachesis wrote:

That would be a bad plot, considering some of us would want Bond to catch up to the killer just so he could give him a medal.

But I am tired of Dench, and would love to see her go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...    Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Albert Finney to play M's superior in Bond 23 ...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Skyfall (2012) :: News, Interviews and Tabloid Rumours-
Jump to: