More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader

Go down 
+8
6of1
bitchcraft
Prisoner Monkeys
saint mark
Control
Gravity's Silhouette
Vesper
CJB
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader Empty
PostSubject: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:32 am

http://www.news.com.au/national/gillard-and-abbott-run-protest-gauntlet/story-e6frfkvr-1226254401470

EDIT: Chillax ya drunk.

Last edited by CJB on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:55 am

As I pointed out to a friend... the bulk of them aren't even full blooded aboriginals. I think someone who clings to some minor element of themselves for an identity, and then use it as an excuse to martyr themselves, have individual problems - not an institutional one.

And the tent embassy is a joke. It's an eyesore and is functionally a camp-in for joint smoking and rum drinking vagrants. Pack it up. Force them out. Repurpose the park as some sort of Aboriginal Reconciliation Memorial or something. Give Deborah Cheetham an AO. Then they can't complain. That's real and it's lasting.

And since we're running a defecit and supposedly having an education revolution, I think it's silly how little is being done about Aboriginal education. And I don't mean teaching Mabo in school. I mean the truancy. The lack of university applications, etc etc.

And these protestors have pretty much guarunteed any referendum will fail. Three of the proposed changes always would've, but now I'm skeptical even the most backable one (repealling/removing the States rights to not let certain racial groups vote)

And I feel bad for Gillard, because the photos of her being carried by the security guard are frankly the last thing she needs.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Vesper wrote:

And I feel bad for Gillard, because the photos of her being carried by the security guard are frankly the last thing she needs.

Not being Australian, I have no dog in this fight. However, based upon the video I saw at the link listed above, I found her to *appear* to be quite strong, determined, and tough when being told that the place was surrounded and that she had to get out.

And am I correct in understanding that people were afraid some comments of one of her opponents would leave to violence, and to show how non-violent these peaceable protesters were they violently attacked the Australian PM?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Australia? I think I've heard of it. That's near Germany, right?

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:18 pm

#OccupySomething
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Does the starter of this thread means to say that the aboriginals are Neanderthals?- In that case some Australians have still something to learn. ;)

Sometimes politicians should learn that there is a time to keep your mouth shut, and this time they got the bill. On average I find the remarks of most politicians not well thought out, mostly soundbites not based on any factual evidence.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:06 pm

saint mark wrote:
Does the starter of this thread means to say that the aboriginals are Neanderthals?- In that case some Australians have still something to learn. ;)

If the original poster was calling or referring to the Aboriginals as "Neanderthals", would that be wrong? And if so, why?

According to some evolutionary theories, didn't we all come from primitive cave-men or apes? If so, would it be so hard to believe that some races haven't evolved as "quickly" or at the same rate as others?
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:18 pm

saint mark wrote:

The mob in question, though representing the Aborginal eternal victimhood industry, contained quite a few whitefellas as the footage shows. I apply the label equally to all irrespective of race. :)

Quote :

Sometimes politicians should learn that there is a time to keep your mouth shut, and this time they got the bill. On average I find the remarks of most politicians not well thought out, mostly soundbites not based on any factual evidence.

Ah, the great gag of Political Correctness. No, politicians and average citizens alike should not keep their mouth shut. On the matter of the tent embassy, Abbott was spot on. It serves no purpose at a time when Aboriginals not only have the same rights as other Australians but indeed have wide-ranging entitlements most people wouldn't dream of (and you need only have a smidgen of Aboriginal ancestry to claim them).

Apologies for the excesses of last night's drunken outburst. I actually think boomerangs are very impressive.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:30 pm

There is no factual political correctness intended in my remark. I have become highly suspicious of the modern politician who claims freedom of speech but want to opposition the shut up. I an ordinary citizen would make such remarks I wouldn't mind at all but from a politician I would expect some professional level of thinking and public speaking. Especially if the ones who you aim the remark at are within 500 feet of where you are, you can easily expect some response. Not that I agree with any form of agression but it was a not well though action on behalve of a politician.

On the other hand from what I know of the history of Aboriginals and their treatment by not-indigenous people I think I dare to say that it was atroscious and still happens regardless of their improved regulations. When is it ever enough, I would nat dare to say. I do know that one should always seperate resentment from abuse of rights. But I guess that quite a lot of countries struggle with similar problems.

And in a alcoholic daze the truth and true feelings often get mixed up. Which does not mean you are wrong in any way. ;)
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:02 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
#OccupySomething
Occupy Sesame Street!
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:16 am

I might have Thai tonight.

Occupy The Bathroom
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:09 am

Fucking monkeys.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:42 am

Come on, Dog, you're better than that.
Back to top Go down
6of1
Cipher Clerk
6of1

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:44 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Fucking monkeys.

Indeed.

What are these brutes, US Marines? Put them in camps I say!

Wait... they are in a camp. Ok, put them in uniforms. Or a football stadium. Anything, as long as it's more agreeable than this.

CJB wrote:
saint mark wrote:

The mob in question, though representing the Aborginal eternal victimhood industry, contained quite a few whitefellas as the footage shows. I apply the label equally to all irrespective of race. :)

Victimhood and industry, where have I heard that before? Can't remember, strange.

CJB wrote:

Quote :

Ah, the great gag of Political Correctness. No, politicians and average citizens alike should not keep their mouth shut. On the matter of the tent embassy, Abbott was spot on. It serves no purpose at a time when Aboriginals not only have the same rights as other Australians but indeed have wide-ranging entitlements most people wouldn't dream of (and you need only have a smidgen of Aboriginal ancestry to claim them).

Don't abuse them and you won't have to pay them, all I can say. Not your fault perhaps, but hardly their's either. Agreed, it's rather unfair of that Abo nation to have let themselves being raped by us foreigners. We shall not forgive them that our ancestors treated them like cattle, no way. But for the time being they get the entitlements and we get the pleasure to hate their guts for it. Not too bad a deal, is it? And I apply the label 'we' here in the broadest possible manner, for I neither raped these fellows (neither did my ancestors) nor do I hate them for it. Somebody else may claim my share of that, please do enjoy it, whoever it happens to be.

CJB wrote:

Apologies for the excesses of last night's drunken outburst. I actually think boomerangs are very impressive.

We ought to keep in mind chances are we'll be remembered for the Coke bottle. That doesn't even return when thrown.

Otherwise no need to apologise for drunkenness. Others have been known to voice similar and worse while sober and supposedly of sound mind.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:36 am

It deserves a mention that these protestors are far from the mainstream and have been condemned by the leading Aboriginal leaders in Australian politics/society.

To all those international observers, it has come out that the whole riot was incited, in some way or another, by a senior media advisor to Prime Minister Gillard -- possibly more, and possibly with more involvement from the senior members of the ACT unions. More details are still forthcoming. And the PM is being very cagey about releasing details as you'd expect.

But if that isn't a clear statement of the appalling state of politics in this country...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:27 am

Quote :
Don't abuse them and you won't have to pay them, all I can say. Not your fault perhaps, but hardly their's either. Agreed, it's rather unfair of that Abo nation to have let themselves being raped by us foreigners. We shall not forgive them that our ancestors treated them like cattle, no way. But for the time being they get the entitlements and we get the pleasure to hate their guts for it. Not too bad a deal, is it? And I apply the label 'we' here in the broadest possible manner, for I neither raped these fellows (neither did my ancestors) nor do I hate them for it. Somebody else may claim my share of that, please do enjoy it, whoever it happens to be.

But honestly, they want equality, and they've been getting more than that. For example, they have better chances of getting into a university or getting better results for their secondary education because they are at least one sixteenth aboriginal. IIRC, there is a small percentage of students enrolled in each university course that are first given priority to the Indigenous. I can live with that, but two things: What more do they want? And, isn't equality all about giving the opportunity to the right person? So if someone got the marks to get into a university course, but it was already nearly full, then an Aboriginal with slightly lower marks has the edge because of race, then that's unfair for the other person who has worked harder for the job. At a job, if two people have about the same qualifications for a job, but one's one sixteenth aboriginal, who should get it? If the one sixteenth aboriginal doesn't get it, they'll say the organisation is culturally biased and give them a bad reputation. But shouldn't it be about the qualifications and, if they are equal, the communicative and people skills of the individual? If riots, protests, violence and burning the Australian flag is their form of communication, then they shouldn't deserve the EXTRA rights they desire.

All in all, equality is f***ed and will never work.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 6:18 am

Oh, this is brilliant - Tony Abbott is demanding that the government authorise a federal investigation into how details of his location got leaked to protestors. I'd expect no less from any opposition leader, but the reason why I find this smacks of Abbott's unique brand of hypocricy is that he's the one who made the comments that set the protestors off in the first place. Now, I'm not defending the protestors in any way here; what they did in burning the flag was reprehensible. But if Abbott had kept his mouth shut and/or kept his comments for a more-appropriate time and place - in other words, somewhere where we could discuss the finer points of his comments, rather than the events that followed - this whole thing never would have happened, and we may have even gotten some kind of progress out of them. Instead, he makes inflammatory remarks and then wonders why it blows up in his face.

This is why he's unfit to run anything, much less a country. He's basically saying "I fucked up, but somebody else should pay for it". He's the one who started this mess; the police should have left him there to find his own way out.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:34 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Oh, this is brilliant - Tony Abbott is demanding that the government authorise a federal investigation into how details of his location got leaked to protestors. I'd expect no less from any opposition leader, but the reason why I find this smacks of Abbott's unique brand of hypocricy is that he's the one who made the comments that set the protestors off in the first place. Now, I'm not defending the protestors in any way here; what they did in burning the flag was reprehensible. But if Abbott had kept his mouth shut and/or kept his comments for a more-appropriate time and place - in other words, somewhere where we could discuss the finer points of his comments, rather than the events that followed - this whole thing never would have happened, and we may have even gotten some kind of progress out of them. Instead, he makes inflammatory remarks and then wonders why it blows up in his face.

This is why he's unfit to run anything, much less a country. He's basically saying "I fucked up, but somebody else should pay for it". He's the one who started this mess; the police should have left him there to find his own way out.

Umm... Bob Carr, Warren Mundine... numerous other people including numerous Aboriginal leaders quite literally said 'It should be torn down now. It's been hijacked by nutjobs/the Left' etc. Even the founder of the tent embassy has said today that it needs to be repurposed and has little to no relevance in its current form. I didn't see them being mobbed by crowds of people and verbally abused?

Abbott's words said protests like the tent embassy probably belong in the past. They certainly didn't say 'Tear it down'. The only people who bear responsiblity for this riot are primarily the rioters themselves, and secondarily Hodges and Sattler. If you want to really push it to its limits, the ten major news journalists who took Abbott's quote and reworded it to make it stronger than it was could be blamed, but that's really stretching it. There is a big difference between saying the tent embassy should be 'torn down' and saying protests of that type had had their day. You're a writer, you should realise that more than anyone.

There are accounts of Ms Sattler literally running around the tent embassy telling anyone she could find 'The Prime Minister's office wants to talk to you' and then telling them Abbott's location, saying he'd said he wanted the embassy 'torn down' (which he didn't say) and that they should pop down to talk to him.

And you're blaming Abbott?

How rusted on are you?

I'm not his biggest fan by any means, but when a member of the PM's staff and a union seceretary are linked to inciting a riot that was judged as a pretty serious security risk, and judging by the actions of her security team, one of the most serious for a prime minister in recent history, I don't think calling for some kind of inquiry is that out of line. It won't neccessarily lead to charges nor should it, but it would ensure an independent account of what happened. Are we just supposed to take Gillard's word for it? I seriously doubt she was involved with it (though I doubted the staffer tidbit before it was confirmed), but she's going to airbrush it as much as she can.

And ask yourself, why on God's Green Earth would Hodges contact the ACT Unions Secretary in re: a statement for Labor in reaction to Aboriginal affairs?

The official story doesn't exactly add up.
Back to top Go down
6of1
Cipher Clerk
6of1

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:44 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Quote :

But honestly, they want equality, and they've been getting more than that. For example, they have better chances of getting into a university or getting better results for their secondary education because they are at least one sixteenth aboriginal. IIRC, there is a small percentage of students enrolled in each university course that are first given priority to the Indigenous. I can live with that, but two things: What more do they want? And, isn't equality all about giving the opportunity to the right person? So if someone got the marks to get into a university course, but it was already nearly full, then an Aboriginal with slightly lower marks has the edge because of race, then that's unfair for the other person who has worked harder for the job. At a job, if two people have about the same qualifications for a job, but one's one sixteenth aboriginal, who should get it? If the one sixteenth aboriginal doesn't get it, they'll say the organisation is culturally biased and give them a bad reputation. But shouldn't it be about the qualifications and, if they are equal, the communicative and people skills of the individual? If riots, protests, violence and burning the Australian flag is their form of communication, then they shouldn't deserve the EXTRA rights they desire.

The mistake is the belief that one wrong can be undone by another. Or in this case one major crime against the Abo nation could be amended by a series of countless little injustices. That's just not possible. Europeans very effectively murdered the culture of these people for over two hundred years, often in the belief to 'civilise' them, 'improve' their lives.

Make no mistake, to grant these peculiar privileges today was decided by the descendants of the European missionaries for the sake of their own bad conscience. Those Aboriginals whose culture was crushed and violated are long since dead and would not have had use for a university or priority access to such. Neither will it bring back their own way of life. It's the 'success' of the missionaries that's presenting you with these problems. And it doesn't look as if there's anybody around with a decent solution to this.

Ought to teach us something.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Sanctimonious shit.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:16 pm

6of1 wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
Quote :

The mistake is the belief that one wrong can be undone by another. Or in this case one major crime against the Abo nation could be amended by a series of countless little injustices. That's just not possible. Europeans very effectively murdered the culture of these people for over two hundred years, often in the belief to 'civilise' them, 'improve' their lives.

Make no mistake, to grant these peculiar privileges today was decided by the descendants of the European missionaries for the sake of their own bad conscience. Those Aboriginals whose culture was crushed and violated are long since dead and would not have had use for a university or priority access to such. Neither will it bring back their own way of life. It's the 'success' of the missionaries that's presenting you with these problems. And it doesn't look as if there's anybody around with a decent solution to this.

Ought to teach us something.

So what are we supposed to do? Tear down our cities, pack up and leave? Build a time machine and transport Australia back to the 1500s and then scuttle the Dutch and British colonial fleets? Cede the sovereignty of 97.5% of Australians for a select 2.5%?

You're right. Mistakes of that magnitude cannot be undone. But the onus is on both sides of the problem to recognise that. The mainstream Aboriginal community/stakeholders/leaders seem to have addressed that. It's taken a while but I believe mainstream political parties have too. The mob of idiots who were banging on the glass at The Lobby on Thursday and burning the Australian flag on Friday have not (they are now talking of mounting a lawsuit in England to do what they already did in Mabo).

What's done is done. Ensuring the mistakes of the past are not repeated by recognising them, doing all neccessary to ensure that every Aboriginal child has all the opportunities as any other Australian child, and ensuring the culture is preserved to the greatest extent possible - even if it is doomed to history - is all that can be done. And that's a two-way street.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 4:02 pm

History is generally the tale of the more technologically advanced civilisations displacing the more primitive. Such actions are rarely about right or wrong or, indeed, race or skin colour. However, I suspect they may be inevitable, regardless of intent or wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

When an unruly mob treat elected officials that way, it just makes your citizenry look bad. Even if they have a cause.

I referred to the UK Looters in similar fashion.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:17 pm

I was thinking of the reference to monkeys, but your breasts have convinced me I misunderstood. :)
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

When an unruly mob treat elected officials that way, it just makes your citizenry look bad. Even if they have a cause.

I referred to the UK Looters in similar fashion.

I remember the UK looters not as a protest movement but more as a get-free-stuff-quickly-scheme for the folks with less chances in the British society. ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader   Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader Empty

Back to top Go down

Neanderthals assault Australian PM, Opp. Leader
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next