More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make

Go down 
+3
j7wild
bitchcraft
Prisoner Monkeys
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make Empty
PostSubject: Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make   Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:53 am

It's a Sunday, and since I had nothing better to do, I took a trip down to the video store to rent something. I was very disappointed, because all that was available was shitty sequels to dodgy horror movies, superhero films that were largely interchangable and, worst of all, the reboot-remakes that went largely ignored (though I am happy to say that everything original was gone, proving that my neighbourhood has a decent taste in their movies). I, for one, live in fear of a future where Shia LaBeouf stars in a remake of DIRTY HARRY directed by Brett Ratner. So, I think we should make a list of all of the films that Hollywood should not be allowed to re-make, re-boot or otherwise recycle.

Last edited by Prisoner Monkeys on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make   Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:16 am

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.
The French Connection

I heard Stallone had an interest in Death Wish...

Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make   Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:49 pm

I was very upset when they turn the classic 1984 FOOTLOOSE into a Piece of SHIT Remake with AWFUL HIP HOP Music!

The Music in the 1984 film combined with the story of Teenage Rebellion and Teenage Angst and Anger was what made the original such a Classic and that concept was totally lost on the Producers of the Remake!!

Not every "dancing" movie is about white people shaking their asses to Hip Hop and Rap music like a bunch of Black Street Gangstas!!
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make   Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:11 pm

I do think that they should stop making remakes of re-imagenings of existing movies but come up with some new ideas and orignal movies. It is not as if there are not a shedload of novels or shortstories that could be filmed. I understand that they want to play it safe with their money, but for the money of one Transformer I'd rather have six decent stories with no CGI.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make   Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:01 am

Looking for Mr Goodbar
Room at the Top
Casablanca
Citizen Kane
Touch of Evil

on the other hand, I'd be willing to give a chance to remakes of

MARNIE (I like it, I just don't love it, and I'd like to figure out whether I'd still like it if I saw it w/o Connery.)

MAN WITH THE XRAY EYES (one of the rare movies where improving the fx could massively affect how well the film plays.)

WHERE EAGLES DARE (even though I love it to death, I could easily imagine a variation of it set in space, which is actually something Gerry Anderson was pitching in the late 70s.)
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make   Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:53 am

trevanian wrote:
MARNIE (I like it, I just don't love it, and I'd like to figure out whether I'd still like it if I saw it w/o Connery.)

A movie I was just thinking about today. I think another go at the story would be interesting to see if it's in the right hands. I haven't read the original book, but the plan was to have two male leads, Marnie's husband and her shrink. But the two roles were compressed into the one that Connery played, and we got the young, utterly bangable Diane Baker to complete what love triangle there is. As it stands, Connery's role still kinda works in a weird way.

I think a version with the original two male leads could be a fun and kinky movie. Working title: THE BAD GIRL.

Or... SHE STOLE OUR HEARTS?

I'll get my hat.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make   Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:41 am

trevanian wrote:
WHERE EAGLES DARE (even though I love it to death, I could easily imagine a variation of it set in space, which is actually something Gerry Anderson was pitching in the late 70s.)

Do you mean Five Star Five? Always thought that was sold as The Magnificent Seven in space.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make   Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:28 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
trevanian wrote:

Do you mean Five Star Five? Always thought that was sold as The Magnificent Seven in space.

I remember seeing his column in STARLOG where he mentioned it as WHERE EAGLES DARE in space, but that may have varied depending on where and when he discussed it. Didni't they have a ship already designed?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make   Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:45 pm

trevanian wrote:
Didni't they have a ship already designed?

Yeah, you can see it on Jon Sorensen's homepage:

http://www.jonsorensen.co.uk/10602.html?*session*id*key*=*session*id*val*
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make   Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:39 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
trevanian wrote:
A movie I was just thinking about today. I think another go at the story would be interesting to see if it's in the right hands.
Late '80s Cronenberg would have been a good choice for a MARNIE remake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make   Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make Empty

Back to top Go down

Films Hollywood should never be allowed to re-make
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: