More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Horror movies that really gave you the creeps...

Go down 
+12
Harmsway
tiffanywint
Loomis
Perilagu Khan
Salomé
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Largo's Shark
j7wild
Fairbairn-Sykes
Control
dr. strangelove
bitchcraft
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

Horror movies that really gave you the creeps... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horror movies that really gave you the creeps...   Horror movies that really gave you the creeps... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:22 pm

Sharky wrote:
Quote :
The evil that torments men's souls does have a source.

Yes, the brain.

You know what I mean. I'm talking pure evil. The evil that seeks to separate man from God. As I said originally, it's Biblical, which is why these demonic possession films I find, can be very spooky.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Horror movies that really gave you the creeps...   Horror movies that really gave you the creeps... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:46 pm

They scare me too, tiffy. The very thought of falling prey to something against which there is no certain defense is pretty terrifying. There's always the possibility I can beat the shit out of a serial killer, but you can't beat the shit outta Baal.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Horror movies that really gave you the creeps...   Horror movies that really gave you the creeps... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:25 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Don't Look Now is a well-made, adult, and rather sad film, revolving around a couple who lose their daughter.

I'd say it's unsettling rather than horrific. It certainly wouldn't spoil anyone's visit to Venice, though it may make you think twice before wandering down some of its ancient backstreets. Definitely wellworth seeing, it features a beautiful score by Pino Donnagio. Nic Roeg's direction was an obvious influence on Brian De Palma as well.

I've seen most of it. Need to check out the rest. Liked what I saw.

I won't address the whole demons thing. laugh
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Horror movies that really gave you the creeps...   Horror movies that really gave you the creeps... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:13 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
They scare me too, tiffy. The very thought of falling prey to something against which there is no certain defense is pretty terrifying. There's always the possibility I can beat the shit out of a serial killer, but you can't beat the shit outta Baal.
Best to hide under the bed. :pale:

Last edited by tiffanywint on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Horror movies that really gave you the creeps...   Horror movies that really gave you the creeps... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:29 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
Don't Look Now is a well-made, adult, and rather sad film, revolving around a couple who lose their daughter.

I'd say it's unsettling rather than horrific. It certainly wouldn't spoil anyone's visit to Venice, though it may make you think twice before wandering down some of its ancient backstreets. Definitely wellworth seeing, it features a beautiful score by Pino Donnagio. Nic Roeg's direction was an obvious influence on Brian De Palma as well.
I've seen most of it. Need to check out the rest. Liked what I saw.
DON'T LOOK NOW is a splendid film.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Horror movies that really gave you the creeps...   Horror movies that really gave you the creeps... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 6:29 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
Angels and demons are quite real. There is far more to reality than what we can actually see.

The evil that torments men's souls does have a source.

That's why demonic possession movies ( the intelligent ones that is) do spook me. :twisted: :shock:

I agree. I think if you believe in angels it's hard to argue that their counterpart would not exist, or vice-versa. I believe in both. I believe in a world beyond our ability to see with physical eyes.

And I believe in it so much that I refuse to see movies about demons. Then again, I generally don't see movies about angels either, but that's because I find them patronizing and boring; like Angels in the Outfield. Or Touched By An Angel. Or Highway to Heaven. It's all just not my cup of tea.

As for a good horror movie that is genuinely scary ( I guess it's a horror movie).....I thought THE ROAD, with Viggo Mortensen, was very scary. Genuinely tense and disturbing in scenes. It's about a man trying to prepare his 12 year old son to cope with, and survive, in a post-apocalyptic world. We don't know what happened to the world...was it nuclear? Disease? Ecological? A combination? But whatever happened, it's killed almost everybody and the few that are left in the world have resorted to cannibalism because there's just no food to be found. Animals are mostly gone, and Viggo and his son eat bugs when they can find them. Viggo's wife, Charlize Theron, wanted to kill the boy along with herself while she was still pregnant because she didn't want him to come into this world (whatever happened had already begun during her pregnancy), but Viggo convinces her to have the child, though I do believe she kills herself later.

The basement scene was scary. I kind of felt it coming, but still was genuinely surprised.

I would say the movie isn't pure horror; it's not a slasher flick. There's not a tremendous amount of violence or bloodshed, but it's implied throughout the film that, and it's certainly a hostile world they live in. The film is probably not for people who are on Prozac or Zoloft, because it is so dark and depressing you may just want to kill yourself after seeing it. I know it disturbed me and sat with me for a while.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Horror movies that really gave you the creeps...   Horror movies that really gave you the creeps... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Without combing back through the thread, has anybody mentioned The Wicker Man, starring Christopher Lee and Brit Ekland? I haven't seen it myself, but just got through cataloging it, and it sounds like it's got potential.
Back to top Go down
Toppers
'R'
'R'
Toppers

PostSubject: Re: Horror movies that really gave you the creeps...   Horror movies that really gave you the creeps... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:55 pm

I've been wanting to see The Wicker Man myself for a while now. It does sound pretty decent.

I haven't really watched any genuine edge of your seat horror flicks. One of the very few I've seen is the Blair Witch, and watching that's about the closest I've got to really getting the chills.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Horror movies that really gave you the creeps...   Horror movies that really gave you the creeps... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:27 pm

It's a wonderful film. Edward Woodward owns the show, as do Britt Ekland's bare tits.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Horror movies that really gave you the creeps...   Horror movies that really gave you the creeps... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:35 pm

The Wicker Man is a brilliant thriller, but the film that stands out for me creeps or chill wise has to be 1963's The Innocents.....there is a real sense of unease about the whole film, even today I'd be guarded about the circumstances I choose to watch it under!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horror movies that really gave you the creeps...   Horror movies that really gave you the creeps... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Horror movies that really gave you the creeps...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2