More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

QOS - The Bigger Picture

Go down 
+3
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Largo's Shark
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

QOS - The Bigger Picture Empty
PostSubject: QOS - The Bigger Picture   QOS - The Bigger Picture EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:52 am

http://www.money-into-light.com/
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: QOS - The Bigger Picture   QOS - The Bigger Picture EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:12 am

Δ

Last edited by Largo's Shark on Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: QOS - The Bigger Picture   QOS - The Bigger Picture EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:14 am

Flemingesque.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: QOS - The Bigger Picture   QOS - The Bigger Picture EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:23 am

QOS - The Bigger Picture B219577240

"Yo, yo dis Daniel Craigshizzle be a Flamming-esque muthafucka."
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: QOS - The Bigger Picture   QOS - The Bigger Picture EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:38 am

Well, I admire the effort.

But I maintain that if you need six thousand words to explain why something is good, it frankly isn't.

Quantum of Solace is a fundamentally flawed film for the following five reasons:

1) it has a muddled and poorly paced plot;
2) a cast of unmemorable cut-out characters who have shallow depth and little defining characteristics;
3) poor direction that leans on scenery chewing and melodrama, and prioritises metaphor over comprehension in the action sequences;
4) a script riddled with limp dialogue and a disheartening lack of self-awareness and wit;
5) uninspired action setpieces.

Bond is an action series, you can forgive one or two of these, but not all in combination.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: QOS - The Bigger Picture   QOS - The Bigger Picture EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:08 am

1. No it's not.
2. They're all memorable - especially Fields and Medrano - and I've give praise to Almaric and Taibaum for creating an interesting dynamic between Greene and Elvis.
3. I wouldn't say melodrama. Scenes which elucidate Camille's back story has restraint, and Bond's scene on there plane with the martinis and Mathis can only be done in such a fashion.
4. The dialogue is great I think - not the best in the series, especially compared to DAF, FRWL and TB, but it's light years better than DAD and CR.
5. I actually loved all the action sequences in QOS.

:)
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: QOS - The Bigger Picture   QOS - The Bigger Picture EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:09 am

Even the ending of the boatchase which nobody seems to explain?

The freefall with one parachute is that is frankly impossible (the invisible car seems to be more possible!)

And all actionscenes from the Bourne-movies are better cut, planned, understandable and visually exciting, and not nicked from another movie.

QoS, the movie offers not a quantum of solace to the audience that paid money to see it.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: QOS - The Bigger Picture   QOS - The Bigger Picture EmptySun May 21, 2023 11:38 am

Well, well, look here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_Group_of_Funds
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: QOS - The Bigger Picture   QOS - The Bigger Picture EmptyMon May 22, 2023 1:15 am

Phantom Commander wrote:
Well, well, look here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_Group_of_Funds

If those folks' were Eon's Quantum, I think some of the dept. heads would have been liquidated, or at least been given (solid) gold parachutes before going skydiving (the latter is actually a revenge I have in an old script for a white collar criminal who caused so much anguish and agony to others that there would never be enough pain in his own body to compensate.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QOS - The Bigger Picture   QOS - The Bigger Picture Empty

Back to top Go down

QOS - The Bigger Picture
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Quantum Of Solace (2008)-
Jump to: