More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Last television show you watched - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:57 pm

The Fall Guy- The Huntress

nostalgia seems to be what keeps me going with this (and yes, there's Heather Thomas etc) but sometimes it's beyond silly. Back projection gets stupid but aside it was a bit of fun. In this episode was the beautiful Angela Aames who I recall as Brandee from Cheers (who said about an Australian movie, "I don't like subtitles"). Looking her up on IMDB it was surprising, nay shocking to see she died in 1988 aged 32.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Father Knows Best
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Watched the MASH episode The Trial of Henry Blake.

Quite possibly the best episode of all time. And thats no mean feat.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:37 pm

Fall Guy again but with Walter Gotell. It was Gogol-light.

I swear a Galactica set managed to get into this episode.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:12 pm

Fall Guy

another 'doing a Bond film' thing. "Always Say Always". Bit of a good guest list or at least some actors I like to see:

Soon-Teck-Oh
Jonathan Frakes (1984, pre-TNG, bearded, might as well have stayed home)

then

Britt Ekland, Joanna Pettet and Lana Wood.

but then stupid back projection, vague attempts at the Bond theme and somehow a stock picture of New York when meant to be Peking.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:40 am

Just getting into 'The Wire'. Really enjoying it so far. Might have to buy a couple seasons, would help alleviate boredom when I move to the city.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:09 am

Try THE SHIELD.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:51 pm

Telly Savalas narrating about Portsmouth via Harold Baim's Britain on Film

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012tnr8/On_Film_Harold_Baims_Britain_on_Film/

collection of these educational shorts. Savalas on Birmingham and I'm sure, Ed Bishop on London

Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:51 pm

Louis Armstrong wrote:
Just getting into 'The Wire'. Really enjoying it so far. Might have to buy a couple seasons, would help alleviate boredom when I move to the city.

Took me forever and a bunch of people bugging me before I watched it, but we wound up blowing through the whole run in less than a month once I started in, and it really really impressed. I think I rank it above DEADWOOD and CARNIVALE as far as recent (for me) series. Each season really has its own unique merits, so you don't experience that whole 'hardening of the creative arteries' thing most series fall prey to.

THE SHIELD was really solid for quite awhile too, but somehow it lost me in the final season.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Mork & Mindy
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:47 pm

The pilot episode of The Fall Guy. Looks like a fun series. Might check out a few more, which now means I'll be watching that as well asOnly Fools And Horses, Ironside, Batman and Torchwood on a regular bases. Plus The Football League Show is starting again and Match Of The Day is just around the corner. laugh
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:49 pm

Ah, Fall Guy just finished being shown from 1 to 3. Watching the pilot's fun. Ironside usually loops from the pilot through end of season 3 (pilot's butchered to bits) and Batman was epic. Well, wait until you see the surfing episode. Batman saying to Joker, "Why don't we go into the lockers and change into our baggies?"
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:57 pm

laugh

I have to be in the mood for Batman. It's criminal that False-Face has been excluded from The Dark Knight Rises. It's as if a shop mannequin (or an auton) had bumped into Lane Smith.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:58 pm

Some of the villains were quite dumb even for the Batman series. Mad Hatter or whatever it was , Bookworm.

But I like the Lane Smith reference :) Bit of a legend in my book.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 9:20 pm

Finished, finally what with work, the Fall Guy pilot and that scene at the end with Majors and Farrah was somehow touching which was weird.

Show had some great guests in my opinion even if the show's plain silly. Paul Winfield the other day, Robert Wagner tomorrow. Anne Lockhart...

and G Section, if I may be so blunt, bitchin' avatar :)
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:02 am

Been watching a lot of BBC News lately. The writers have really outdone themselves with this civil disobedience plot. Never saw that one coming.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:22 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:41 pm

Mad Men is superior in that respect. It spends little time on the predicament of African Americans. Why? Because the protagonists (upper class and upper middle class white New Yorkers) would not have been pre-occupied with the civil rights movement.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Avarice wrote:
The Hour.

More expensive rubbish that proves the BBC can no longer make decent drama. The Telegraph grasped the show's failings rather well:
Quote :

less a story than an exercise in upbraiding the past for failing to live up to the politically correct ideals of the 21st century. The Hour is set in the Britain of the 1950s, when sexism and racism were more commonplace – or at any rate, more overt – than they are today. But The Hour isn’t content merely to portray this unpleasantness. It has to keep pointing at it and tutting.

“Martin Luther King [talks about] the birth of the new negro, one driven by dignity and destiny. But we don’t even challenge the fact that in every hotel window we still without shame say, ‘No coloureds, no Irish’,” scolds Freddie. Bel delivers similar lectures on male chauvinism. “Beyond that door [of the bar she’s in], women are not allowed. What is it about you men? You always need a tiny corner where we can’t reach you.” When Freddie suggests being a woman will hinder her career, she is incensed: “I can actually do this. Watch me.” She is also, she reminds him, “not your secretary”. It would have been no less subtle had the producers flashed up a sign on screen saying, “This is an example of sexism, which was rife in the 1950s. Sexism is bad. Root for the woman.”

Shame it doesn't mention that Freddie and Bel's nicknames for each other are 'James' and 'Moneypenny' ... as a Bond fan, I found that quite endearing.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:38 pm

Hilly wrote:

Thanking you kindly, Hilly.

Watched "To Kill A Saint". Had seen it before, but had somehow managed to miss a young Valerie Leon first time round.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:16 pm

G section wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Watched "To Kill A Saint". Had seen it before, but had somehow managed to miss a young Valerie Leon first time round.

Odd, she's not the kind of woman to miss at any time :D
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Hilly wrote:
G section wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Odd, she's not the kind of woman to miss at any time :D

Crikey, no. :shock:

Only Fools And Horses : He Ain't Heavy, He's My Uncle

I've always preferred Lennard Pearce's Grandad, but I'm gradually warming to Uncle Albert as each episode passes.

And finished the "second part" of the pilot episode of The Fall Guy. Lots of Bond type moments such as the larger than life sheriff who accompanies Colt whilst doing a Diamonds Are Forever-style two-wheeled car stunt. And of course picking the villains' car up in a helicopter by a hook is shades of You Only Live Twice. Although, considering the car was vertical, the passengers would surely have fallen through the windscreen to their doom. But hey, that's an 80's cop show for you.
I swear one of the goons was in Live And Let Die.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:14 pm

On the quiet a few Bond folk turn up in these episodes. If they carry on to the end of season 3 you get a couple of Bond girls. I think it's a season 1 episode where Richard Burton guest stars as himself. Bills to pay.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:21 pm

G section wrote:
The pilot episode of The Fall Guy. Looks like a fun series.

Make sure to watch the episode where Colt Seavers is in Hong Kong working on a Bond film called Always Say Always with Lana Wood(Plenty O'Toole), Britt Ekland(Goodnight) and Joanna Pettet(Mata Bond). It also features an homage of stunts to "Nobody Does It Better."

Last TV showed I watched: Burns & Allen on Antenna TV.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:35 pm

Prince Kamal Khan wrote:
G section wrote:
The pilot episode of The Fall Guy. Looks like a fun series.

Make sure to watch the episode where Colt Seavers is in Hong Kong working on a Bond film called Always Say Always with Lana Wood(Plenty O'Toole), Britt Ekland(Goodnight) and Joanna Pettet(Mata Bond). It also features an homage of stunts to "Nobody Does It Better."

Last TV showed I watched: Burns & Allen on Antenna TV.

Sounds great, thanks for the tidbit PKK. Any idea which season that takes place? Just so I know when to look out for it. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 3 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next