More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

Last television show you watched - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:23 am

So, my sister has recently become a fan of "Parenthood", and she's had it on in the background for the past few days. I am really trying to understand how this show can be popular, because every time I walk into the room, two people seem to be fighting. and I don't mean that they're having an argument - they're screaming at one another, having one of those really, really intense fights that means things are really, really fucked up. And it's not just one or two people who are doing it, either: every single subplot in the show seems to involve people having the kind of fights that made you want to run away if you parents had one like it. And it's been going on for four episodes.

I get that the idea of the show is to be a serious drama about real family issues, but I have no idea how anyone in their right mind can it through ten minutes of it, much less enjoy it so much that they come back every week to see more of it.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:29 am

Ah ... not based on the Steve Martin comedy of the same name, then :| .

I feel much the same about the BBC soap Eastenders ... I don't get how anybody can continually watch such relentless, grinding misery (apart from 'Well, at least it's not happening to me!').
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:06 pm

No, it actually is based on the film. Loosely based, of course, but still based on the series. At elast according to Wikipedia.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:18 pm

'Loosely' sounds like an understatement.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:20 pm

I'm catching up on The Walking Dead having never seen an episode til today and I've just watched the first 3. I'm kinda glad I don't have to wait a week apart. I didn't see my daughter sneak in to the tv room and she wasn't scared at all....so I just might let her watch the rest with me.

*Just ordered a boxed set of Seasons 1 & 2. :cheers:
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 3:56 am

Been watching two episodes a night of the 60's Batman show.  I really enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 4:36 am

Where are you at in the show currently, Tux?
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 4:46 am

Still first season.  Saw the Mr. Freeze two-parter with George Sanders.  Nutty shit, but enjoyable. I like the show as light entertainment.  And I rarely like light entertainment.  Thankfully the show is clever enough for me to go along.  And I like how colorful in tone it is.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 5:44 am

Yeah it's the "clever" part that'll drop out pretty quick in season 2 and be replaced by "repetitive"
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:57 am

Watched the first season of Boardwalk Empire. Felt a tad dry* from time to time but it picked up in the last few episodes. Buscemi does a solid job.

*Neither an intentional dirty joke nor a Prohibition reference.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 1:32 am

CJB wrote:
Watched the first season of Boardwalk Empire. Felt a tad dry* from time to time but it picked up in the last few episodes. Buscemi does a solid job.

*Neither an intentional dirty joke nor a Prohibition reference.

That's on my list of shows to see, as are a number of HBO shows.

I just started on THE SOPRANOS.  I liked the first episode pretty well.  I'm sticking with it.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 2:52 am

Was thinking of making The Sopranos my next show to watch. Just to stick with the mobster theme and 'cause the dude died.

Really enjoy season 2 of Boardwalk so far (mild spoilers: episode 5 was violent as shit laugh).
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 4:20 am

I wish HBO would do a streaming service.  10 dollars a month to get all their shows streaming.  It would be totally worth it to go through their library in a matter of months.  Their season sets go for 40-70 bucks here.  Fucking crazy.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 5:55 am

There's plenty on HBO that I would love to see streamed. Luckily a few are on Netflix, though they're mostly older stuff like The Larry Sanders Show.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Watching this French zombie/drama The Returned. I suspect it's the Spiral Effect I seem to have (indeed one of the villains from Spiral 2 is a cop in this) but it's not bad so far. Struck by this redhead Jenna Thiram who I reckon could easily slot into Spiral 5 as Josephine's younger, much more troublesome sister who goes for Gilou and causes all sorts of problems. Anything for Laure to get all moody.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 7:04 pm

Watching that myself, Hilly ... there's much in it to intrigue :) .
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 7:44 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Watching that myself, Hilly ... there's much in it to intrigue :) .

All will start coming together soon I'd imagine. Supposedly there's going to be a British version. Pfft
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 7:48 pm

Yeah, not sure that's the best idea :| .
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Yeah, not sure that's the best idea :| .

Paul Abbott is writing it, well adapting it. I'm imagining Shameless with zombies. Or...just Shameless.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Zombies chowing down on fraudulent benefit claimants? It's an idea ... laugh .
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:19 am

I don't know how many folks around here watch anime, but I've been watching an immensely excellent series called BERSERK. It's an adaptation of a manga, and I'm disappointed to learn that the show ends after only 25 episodes (I'm on ep 15) and does not complete the manga's story.

It's a medieval fantasy tale about a young mercenary named Gotz who joins the Band of the Hawk, a group of mercenary warriors lead by the immensely charismatic Griffith. Gotz is sort've a Conan type, an invincible badass warrior with a giant sword who lives to hack and slash, and is drawn to Griffith who aspires to a better life and existance than that of a simple mercenary (he's almost like a Rand hero). The series delves into issues of friendship, loyalty, fate, and the nature of good and evil in a really great manner while also delivering on plenty of blood and guts action.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 2:20 pm

Finished the third season of Boardwalk. It was terrible...

... is what I'd say on Opposite Day. September can't come fast enough.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 9:57 pm

I thought it was the poorest of the three seasons.

The did a disservice to some of their best characters.

Most notably Richard, who they more or less turned into a cardboard action hero instead of the tortured half-man we meet in the first season.

The only character that came out of the third season significantly improved was Van Alden.

Him and his wife were the season's saving grace.

Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 12:50 am

I think the third season made Eli significantly more interesting.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:33 am

Netflixed the most recent available seasons of TRUE BLOOD and DEXTER via mail on DVD. TRUE BLOOD, due to some bad guest casting, really lost it for me to a great extent, more even than when the fairies were brought in. For me it is the Eric Northman show, and not much else.

DEXTER, which I was prepared to find a total suckfest,actually demonstrated the woman playing his sister has got acting chops that past seasons never even hinted at. I mean, I'd be happy if they called the show DEB at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 21 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next