More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!

Go down 
+7
Blunt Instrument
GeneralGogol
Control
Hilly
Gravity's Silhouette
Jack Wade
j7wild
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! Empty
PostSubject: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:27 am

One of my employee, this past Tuesday,

his 22 years old son was texting and talking on his iPhone while walking in a parking lot.

He was not paying attention to his surrounding and he walked into traffic.

A car hit him; he went airborne and landed on his head.

He had to be rushed to the hospital where he went into ICU.

He passed away last night.

So I am here to remind you that that iPhone, iPod, Smart Phone or whatever electronic gadget you carry on you is not worth your life.

I myself have seen people walking around in parking lots, right in the path of cars, distracted by their smartphone and iPods and other gadgets;

many if them were not even aware of their surrounding because they were wearing iPod headsets which blocked out all outside noises.

That text message or voice mail or ring tone or APP or iTunes song can wait!!

Your personal safety and your awareness of your surrounding come first.

Furthermore, never never never wear your iPod head set while driving;

you need both ears to hear the noises outside your vehicle such as other cars honking at you and Emergency Vehicles sirens,

and finally, keep your vehicle's stereo volume turned down.

There is no need to have it so loud where your car is shaking and reverberating and the drivers in the vehicles around you can hear it.

It's a noise ordinance violation and it's also a safety issue.

Having that car stereo real loud doesn't make you cooler or special or more handsome or more beautiful.

It just makes you look stupid!!

Be safe and stay alive!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:31 am

This forum is in freefall.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:38 am

Erica Ambler wrote:

I am trying to remind y'all so this won't happen to you or someone you love.

What's the problem?

I am doing it as your friend and it's because I care!!

Otherwise, I wouldn't care less what the heck happens to any of you nor would I spent the time to post it.

We all get complacent sometime and sometime we need to be reminded.

So say Thank You or say nothing at all!!

p.s. someone just passed away and that's what you say?

Don't you have any human compassion?

Are you a cold blooded psychotic, sociophatic monster?!?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 12:02 pm

155,000 people die every die - I'll mourn those I know. Also I pick my friends not you.

A nanny state is bad enough, now I've got a nanny forum.

Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Hear, hear.

Posted from my iPhone
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:38 pm

j7wild wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

I am trying to remind y'all so this won't happen to you or someone you love.

What's the problem?

I am doing it as your friend and it's because I care!!

Otherwise, I wouldn't care less what the heck happens to any of you nor would I spent the time to post it.

We all get complacent sometime and sometime we need to be reminded.

So say Thank You or say nothing at all!!

p.s. someone just passed away and that's what you say?

Don't you have any human compassion?

Are you a cold blooded psychotic, sociophatic monster?!?

I appreciate what you're trying to do and say; it's just that, well, without sounding indelicate, there have always been people since the dawn of time for whom no amount of warning or assistance would ever help. If, at 22, you need to be told not to allow yourself to get so distracted that you walk into moving traffic, well.....there's probably nothing that could ever be said that would have made a difference.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:16 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

Erica Ambler wrote:
155,000 people die every die - I'll mourn those I know. Also I pick my friends not you.

A nanny state is bad enough, now I've got a nanny forum.

this, this and anything else.

I mean re-ally.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Too red, didn't read.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:44 pm

That's sad to hear, j7. An unfortunete loss of a young person. I don't notice it as a pedestrian, but when I drive, I get really pissed off at how carefree and leisurely some people are at parking lots or even crossing a major road at a non-intersection.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 12:05 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:
Too red, didn't read.

laugh

I get the feeling j7 is capable of wandering into traffic distracted by absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:
Too red, didn't read.

laugh

I get the feeling j7 is capable of wandering into traffic distracted by absolutely nothing.

I am very well aware of my surroundings!

While walking, I can predict and sense a vehicle is going to move before it does.

While driving, I can predict the actions of the other drivers around me: sudden lane change without signaling, cutting, tailgating, stopping before I even see their brake lights come on, etc etc

It's a combination of years of driving experience, Police training, defensive driving training, Counter-Ambush and Antiterrorism Evasive Driving driving training, and my senses!!

I can also operate an MDT and drive at the same time and also drive in reverse as fast as the car I'm in will go while making turns and lane changes.

I haven't had a traffic ticket or a traffic accident since 1989 and my driving record is spotless!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:53 pm

j7wild wrote:
I am very well aware of my surroundings!

In that case your fuckwittery must be deliberate. I don't know if that makes it better or worse.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 4:24 pm

j7wild wrote:
Antiterrorism Evasive Driving
The fuck?
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:43 pm

My sympathies, sincerely.

But please j7, for the last time: Less red, less bold, less exclamation marks. They're unnecessary in the majority of your posts already, and far more unnecessary in what should be the sensitive announcement of someone's passing.

It's like having the News Of The World as a forum member.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:52 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
j7wild wrote:
Antiterrorism Evasive Driving

The fuck?

@ 0:38 laugh
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:04 pm

If those Muslims can hijack a plane and crash it into a skyscraper, then they can hijack your car and crash it into a skyscraper.

j7wild, Patriot
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:21 pm

j7wild wrote:

While walking, I can predict and sense a vehicle is going to move before it does.

While driving, I can predict the actions of the other drivers around me: sudden lane change without signaling, cutting, tailgating, stopping before I even see their brake lights come on, etc etc!

I can predict driving patterns also. Like, when I see an old Asian lady behind the wheel of a car, I know that I'm going to end up going 25 m.p.h. in a 65 mph lane. Or, when I see someone driving a busted '75 Pinto on 30' wheels with white-wall tires and fuzzy-dice hanging from the mirror, I keep my head low because a drive-by shooting is about to go down. Or, when I see an elderly white male driver out on the road after church lets out on Sunday, I know to stay off the sidewalks, because 9 or 10 people are about to be run over and killed (nothing comes between senior citizens and Old Country Buffet; not speed bumps, not razor wire, not human life. Nothing.).
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:42 pm

I can predict driving patterns too. If I stop my car, come out, open the bonnet and bend over...cars stop. So too when I stop to fix a flat. Why the fuck are guys so shocked a woman can fix her own tyre? Sure, there are some genuine good samaritans out there, but I don't want some asshole thinking it's a way to chat me up (hint: don't tell me "Baby let me help you," and try to interlace your help with small talk I don't particularly care for). Worse yet, if it's an urban area with opportunists who are looking to hustle money or grab a handbag. Of course,both Mr. Dog and our mechanic behave as though the world will end if I do it myself...both preach about calling either of them and both went over my handiwork with a magnifying class and couldn't find a single fault but felt the need to tighten the wheel nuts blah blah...

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:38 pm

M wrote:

But please j7, for the last time: Less red, less bold, less exclamation marks. They're unnecessary in the majority of your posts already, and far more unnecessary in what should be the sensitive announcement of someone's passing.

one of the better summarisations.

Even if it makes me wonder if j7's hacked my phone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 4:01 am

j7wild wrote:

While driving, I can predict the actions of the other drivers around me: sudden lane change without signaling, cutting, tailgating, stopping before I even see their brake lights come on, etc etc!

I'll tell ya, skipping the first page of posts thinking you know what the conversation is going to be like is a horrible misnomer. I am sorry if you feel a personal effect or loss from the situation j7 (I'm more sorry that it took the form of flashy red font.) But I must say, Anti-terrorism evasive driving might be the most hilarious thing I have ever heard of. Some people in the olden days I believe called it "being good at driving." However, I am elated we now have a more defined term for it.

Just remember, in memory of those brave Anti-terrorism evasive drivers "faster, faster, faster, go, turn! Forward gear......and goodbye."

Sweet baby Jesus.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 4:54 am

Chief of SIS wrote:
Just remember, in memory of those brave Anti-terrorism evasive drivers "faster, faster, faster, go, turn! Forward gear......and goodbye."

Reminds me of my night with Salomé, or as I like to call it: A Night to Forget.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:39 am

M wrote:

M, I realise you're concerned with increasing the quantity of the posts here, but surely quality has to be a criterion too? The sheer number of useless topics started by J7 is making this place unbearable. If you believe this thread was really about some employee's child dying then it should've been placed in the 'Having a bad day' thread. Seems to me it's a thinly disguised lecture on road safety by some self-appointed guardian and the self-righteousness of it all is sick-making.

Just how many 'last' chances does J7 have left?

My patience is coming to an end.

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
M wrote:

M, I realise you're concerned with increasing the quantity of the posts here, but surely quality has to be a criterion too? The sheer number of useless topics started by J7 is making this place unbearable. If you believe this thread was really about some employee's child dying then it should've been placed in the 'Having a bad day' thread. Seems to me it's a thinly disguised lecture on road safety by some self-appointed guardian and the self-righteousness of it all is sick-making.

Just how many 'last' chances does J7 have left?

My patience is coming to an end.

I'm going to stick up for J7 here. I would hope that he doesn't get banned. Sure, he can sometimes be as grating on the nerves as buzzards on a buzz-saw, but I think we have to tolerate those who we find annoying and stick up for those with unpopular opinions or, do as I did, and put someone on your Enemies list so that their posts don't show up. If we get in the habit of banning people who are annoying we will end up going down the path of MI6 and CBn, and that would be worse.

Personally, I find him harmless, though I understand how he taxes some people's patience.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:31 pm

I no longer see this as a free speech issue, more a case of whose company I wish to share.

If you all want J7 that's fine, but include me out. I can't be bothered to go through all the reasons again.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 4:11 pm

@Erica: you sound like I made the whole thing up just to start a thread!

You remind me of the Seinfeld episode where George is being asked to produce a Death Certificate by the Airline so he can get a Bereavement discount on his airline fare.

You may not thank me know but one day, when you are walking in a parking lot or on the street somewhere and you are distracted by your cell phone or electronic gadget, your subconscious will automatically kick in and remember what I said and you will go:

hey, I just remember what J7 said... I could have had a nasty accident just now!!

it's just like all the things our parents keep telling us over and over until we find them annoying and we keep telling our parents: "I KNOW, Dad/Mom!! STOP telling me the same thing over and over!!" and one day, later in life, you will be surprised how many times those things that your parents told you over and over come into play without you even giving it a second thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!   Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Everyone Read This: My Employee's Son passed away last night!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: