More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time

Go down 
+10
hegottheboot
Vesper
Nicolas Suszczyk
Blunt Instrument
Makeshift Python
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Control
Largo's Shark
00Beast
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
00Beast
Cipher Clerk
00Beast

007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time Empty
PostSubject: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:40 am

I owe a lot to my cousin David and his PS2 copy of 007 Nightfire. It was at his house on this spectacular game that I became a James Bond fan. I pay it back to Nightfire by calling it my favorite 007 game of all time, and with good reason, because it is! Anybody else on here love Nightfire and find it to be the pinnacle of all James Bond games?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:41 am

Nah, simply because it's a FPS.
Back to top Go down
00Beast
Cipher Clerk
00Beast

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:44 am

Sharky wrote:

What's wrong with a FPS? It's not like it's a Call of Duty clone or anything, considering Nightfire came before the big COD craze.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:47 am

00Beast wrote:
Sharky wrote:

What's wrong with a FPS?

You could be playing any sod with a gun. Plus you got a pinhole, 2 dimensional perspective, that doesn't take into account peripheral vision and the curvature of the human eye.

In short they give me a headache.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:59 am

I had a blast with NIGHTFIRE as a kid. I must've been 13 when it came out (Christ). The multiplayer was especially fun. I remember a map with a gondola.

I think the Bond games went downhill from there. I don't think I've played one since FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyTue May 22, 2012 5:08 am

NF is my favourite Bond game also. Good mix of action and stealth, with the best score for a Bond game and I really like the graphics.

I prefer FPS too.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:38 am

I used to play Nightfire online. Fuck me dead, there were some creepy bastards playing that game. laugh
Back to top Go down
00Beast
Cipher Clerk
00Beast

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:04 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
NF is my favourite Bond game also. Good mix of action and stealth, with the best score for a Bond game and I really like the graphics.

I prefer FPS too.

Agreed on all of that! Nice to see Nightfire as your favorite!
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:19 pm

EVERYTHING OR NOTHING's still my favourite (though I've got a soft spot for 007 RACING, despite all its flaws) due to the flexible gameplay and driving/gadget mechanics. It really feels like a 5th Brosnan film. NIGHTFIRE is decent (had lots of fun playing the multilayer with mates back in the day) but the single player missions bugged me. Never managed to get past the skyscraper one with the Ronin briefcase and guns in the walls.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:46 pm

METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER is the best Bond game.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
00Beast
Cipher Clerk
00Beast

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Sharky wrote:
EVERYTHING OR NOTHING's still my favourite (though I've got a soft spot for 007 RACING, despite all its flaws) due to the flexible gameplay and driving/gadget mechanics. It really feels like a 5th Brosnan film. NIGHTFIRE is decent (had lots of fun playing the multilayer with mates back in the day) but the single player missions bugged me. Never managed to get past the skyscraper one with the Ronin briefcase and guns in the walls.

Oh that's a shame, because the last levels after that are really fun! You get to go underwater in the Vanquish, drive an SUV on Drake's island, fly a plane over Drake's island, use one of the big turrets on the island, fight Rook to the death, and go into outer space at the end!
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Nightfire was fun, but I always found it weird that it used Brosnan's likeness but not his voice ... for that reason, I'd take Everything Or Nothing over it.
Back to top Go down
Nicolas Suszczyk
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Nicolas Suszczyk

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:55 am

00Beast wrote:
I owe a lot to my cousin David and his PS2 copy of 007 Nightfire. It was at his house on this spectacular game that I became a James Bond fan. I pay it back to Nightfire by calling it my favorite 007 game of all time, and with good reason, because it is! Anybody else on here love Nightfire and find it to be the pinnacle of all James Bond games?

Well, I'd take Nightfire over all the Activision anti-Bond games (only QOS makes you feel *a little* like Bond). Yes, It's indeed one of my faves, tough it doesn't beats the N64 GoldenEye. Still, I think the PS2 version is cool, but the PC version is kinda weak (No car chase levels, for instance).
Back to top Go down
http://goldeneyedossier.blogspot.com
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:34 am

CJB wrote:
I used to play Nightfire online. Fuck me dead, there were some creepy bastards playing that game. laugh

Paedophile creepy? Or just Bond fan creepy?

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:01 am

The former.

Mixed in with neo-Nazi types.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:36 pm

Stories plz.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:14 am

From memory:

- Had one bloke quizzing me about my sexual history (I was about 14 and a virgin at the time, so there wasn't much to tell laugh) before proceeding to offer to teach me how to do it. Politely turned him down.

- One game was packed with raging antisemites of both the European and Middle Eastern variety. Bascially spent the entire game recounting the various ways Jews had fucked their countries/mothers. As you'd imagine, everytime they died they'd rage at "fakeeng joos!"

- One of the more recent games I had (meaning around 2008) featured a chap spouting conspiracy theories about Barack Obama (still just a candidate at that point) and the Illuminati and other assorted organisations. He got really pissed off when people used the name Barack Obama, whom he insisted should really be called by the name his momma gave him: Barry Soetero. I would not at all be surprised if our very own j7wild was this bloke. laugh
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:27 pm

See, I never bothered hooking up my PS2 (or now PS3) to the 'net for online play for the possibly *slightly* misanthropic reason that I bought them and their games for my entertainment, not other people's.

But CJB'S story makes me think I was justified :suspect: .
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 9:47 pm

You know--come to think of it this is the one Bond game I never finished. I just checked and have both the PC and PS2 versions. Hmm...now I'll have to give it a go, but the last time I did this and replayed Agent Under Fire, I would up putting down the controller in disgust.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:59 pm

I would like to buy this game, but unfortunately, I don't have any console of that generation, and the game is not backwards compatible with Xbox 360.

It's interesting though, that some fans are remaking the game with updated graphics:

Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 2:23 pm

I think I still prefer Goldeneye mainly because I recall how that felt fresh and new as an approach, but Nightfire is a worthy second, balancing its story and action well and, unlike the later games, doesn't outstay its welcome.
Back to top Go down
Dr No

Dr No

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:51 pm

I like how the levels were influenced by the films, particularly YOLT and Moonraker. However i prefer Everything Or Nothing for it's combat system and overall feel
Back to top Go down
ScarlettStrength

ScarlettStrength

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 2:02 pm

Great to see there is a thread here about Nightfire, makes me very nostalgic, enjoyed lots of hours in my teens playing this game, but I always got stuck on a level called “phoenix rising” (i think), i always somehow set off the alarm and would have to start again!!
EVERY TIME joyjoyjoy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 10:00 am

Welcome back ScarlettStrength.

Have to admit I often get the inkling to play Nightfire - I imagine the nostalgia rush would be something! So many hours as a kid playing both the single player and multiplayer.

SS wrote:
but I always got stuck on a level called “phoenix rising” (i think), i always somehow set off the alarm and would have to start again!!

Night Shift I believe it was called. My favourite level.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 4:05 pm

Was that the 'stealth' one? Only weapon allowed was the dart gun because it was noiseless, if memory serves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time   007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time Empty

Back to top Go down

007 Nightfire- The best James Bond game of all time
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: James Bond Merchandise-
Jump to: