More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Christian Bale turned down Bond

Go down 
+5
trevanian
CJB
Louis Armstrong
j7wild
Largo's Shark
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Christian Bale turned down Bond Empty
PostSubject: Christian Bale turned down Bond   Christian Bale turned down Bond EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:27 am

Quote :
Bale could have been James Bond…but it went against his morals: Producer of the Bond movies Barbara Broccoli (Barbara Broccoli!) hinted that Christian could be the next 007 after Pierce Brosnan stepped aside; Bale sniffed that the spy character embodied “every despicable stereotype about England and British actors,” telling Broccoli he had “already played a serial killer.” Diva, please.

http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/2012-05-31/the-weirdness-of-christian-bale-in-his-assistants-tell-all-just-makes-us-like-him-more/
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale turned down Bond   Christian Bale turned down Bond EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:29 am

Thank the maker he did.

Considering the way he mucked up the Batman character and disgraced the entire Batman franchise, he would had been the worst Bond ever;

even worse than Brosnan!
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale turned down Bond   Christian Bale turned down Bond EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:46 am

Who was the guy who said he wouldn't play Bond because Bond was "amoral"? Matt Damon?

I'm tired of this whole Bond-as-hitman notion.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale turned down Bond   Christian Bale turned down Bond EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:43 am

I love these Hollywood tw@ts who show off their moral compass by slagging off a fictional character who fights giants with metal teeth in outer space.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale turned down Bond   Christian Bale turned down Bond EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 5:33 am

Louis Armstrong wrote:
Who was the guy who said he wouldn't play Bond because Bond was "amoral"? Matt Damon?

I'm tired of this whole Bond-as-hitman notion.

Actually it was Patrick McGoohan.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale turned down Bond   Christian Bale turned down Bond EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 5:36 am

Well, since James Bond is transforming into a homosexual who wants to end world hunger, Bale will fit right into the role soon enough.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale turned down Bond   Christian Bale turned down Bond EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:12 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Quote :
Bale could have been James Bond…but it went against his morals: Producer of the Bond movies Barbara Broccoli (Barbara Broccoli!) hinted that Christian could be the next 007 after Pierce Brosnan stepped aside; Bale sniffed that the spy character embodied “every despicable stereotype about England and British actors,” telling Broccoli he had “already played a serial killer.” Diva, please.

http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/2012-05-31/the-weirdness-of-christian-bale-in-his-assistants-tell-all-just-makes-us-like-him-more/

It reads with all the integrity of a Daily Express article.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale turned down Bond   Christian Bale turned down Bond EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:57 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Quote :

This reeks of "I'm too good to play Bond", and is about one step up from Russell Crowe's infamous "I'm the greatest actor in the world, and I can make even shit lines like these sound like poetry".
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale turned down Bond   Christian Bale turned down Bond EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:21 pm

Wasn't Russell Crowe considered for the role of Bond once?

I am so glad he didn't.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale turned down Bond   Christian Bale turned down Bond EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:15 am

I'd have taken either of them as Bond in a heartbeat inbetween Dalton and Craig. Right now, I'm happy with Craig, less so with what he's being fed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Bale turned down Bond   Christian Bale turned down Bond Empty

Back to top Go down

Christian Bale turned down Bond
Page 1 of 1