More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers? Empty
PostSubject: How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers?   How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:03 pm

I'm not pleased with the speakers in my Samsung flat-screen. I've got perfectly good stereo speakers right next to the telly--so how do I run the TV audio through those speakers? Do I need some sort of adapter or special cables?
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers?   How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Most tv's have separate RCA phono output for left and right speakers (or a scart that powers the outputs as well as inputs (usually the one labelled for the VCR), in which case its a simple task to connect them to your Amp and use it to power the speakers.

The problem with stereo speakers is that, unless the tv provides surround processing) too much separation can take you out of the film (ie the sound is coming from a different place to the image) so you need to keep them relatively tight to the screen which in turn isn't ideal for music.

If you don't have an amp handy active speakers can be used even the 2.1 pc style speakers can be an improvement over some tv speakers, but it does depend on the model.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers?   How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:32 pm

I don't have an amp, lachesis. Is it possible to run TV audio through my receiver?
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers?   How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:42 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
I don't have an amp, lachesis. Is it possible to run TV audio through my receiver?

I'd presume your receiver has an amp built in as it is necessary to power the speakers, but the question is does it have RCA inputs spare....usually one red and one white connector to which a phono lead can be attached. OOI what tv and receiver model is it?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers?   How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:36 pm

I see. I thought you were talking about a separate amp.

Not sure what models they are, but the TV is a Samsung I bought in 2009, while the receiver is a basic Denon I purchased in 2005.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers?   How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:52 am

Around the back of the samsung you should have a couple of phono (red and white) connectors labelled 'Audio Out' or more obtusely a square with rounded corners and an arrow pointing out of it. And on your receiver I would expect you have an audio input of similar style labelled 'Aux' or Ext In or even TV. In which case a simple and cheap phono cable is all you need to connect them.

How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers? 132af062-5b9d-44ae-99f5-28ebd79a11d2

In the absence of a separate audio out on the TV, then a scart to phono adaptor (very cheap) will be needed and 'should' enable you to tap the sound from your tv.....the adaptor needs to be one to get audio out or have a switch that enables 'out' or 'in' to be selected.

How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers? GP24k6ufvewhmlg_LRCPoztBmDSR9sAxnLpZJe5WU-Q8zdnZvLK1TCeXTy0B3uukbMgZ4X-QCDi3MT4mPAFBAoumr4jwS5c-Ls0LDAWkCf_h88J-UNVZYDtP4nQlr4-i-d9vLmZWWwemptVU-DhA6vUuBa6WjmPieCNfLpoEOJUf3h4W09o=s90-c

If your receiver doesn't have a spare audio input however you have a problem.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers?   How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Thanks. I'll be watching Spy Saturday night and will try to give this a go before the viewing.

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers?   How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers? EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:10 pm

The audio cables did the job, lachesis. And the sound quality was markedly improved over my TV speakers. Consequently, my viewing experience was much enhanced. I wish I had done this long ago.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers?   How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:58 pm

Belated congrats....of course next stop a 5.1 system laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers?   How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Do You Run TV Audio through Stereo Speakers?
Page 1 of 1