More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?

Go down 
+9
Prisoner Monkeys
FourDot
James Bond
Gravity's Silhouette
Control
Perilagu Khan
Walecs
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
13 posters
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? Empty
PostSubject: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:32 pm

I mean...seriously...get over it. :face:
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Seriously, the Bond series is doomed now.

Fire everyone.

Fire Craig.

Get rid of the family.

Hire bond_fan as the next James Bond and restore order.

So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? Nggif2
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:13 pm

I haven't watched the movie yet, so I can't say.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:17 pm

Walecs wrote:
I haven't watched the movie yet, so I can't say.

Hey, hey, hey...reason and common sense have no place at this table so just lay off, okay?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? Nggif2

laugh

I'm hoping this film borrows more from the novels than past Bond flicks.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
I mean...seriously...get over it. :face:

It is interesting that they are going back to the well, so to speak, so "soon" after TWINE. I mean, it's been only 13 years ago. If they were going to pilfer from other Bond films you'd think they'd go back a bit further. Maybe this is a shot across the bow at Brosnan.

I for one never thought they needed to get TWINE "right"; for me there is nothing to correct unless somehow you could recast Christmas Jones and make the role more relevant. If there's any one particular film I'd like to see them try to redo, it would probably be AVTAK, followed by GOLDEN GUN.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:30 pm

And we know they're going back to the well based on a few minutes of disaggregated, decontextualized footage?

I hazard to say that when all is said and done, and when we've actually watched SF, we will conclude that SF has, at most, a passing resemblence to TWINE. And if I'm wrong, I'll be the very first to admit it.
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:43 pm

I musty be one of the very few people who would not actually mind if SF turned out to be similar to TWINE (which I do not think that it will anyway) because I actually quite like TWINE and believe that it is one of the better Bond films.

Sure I am not blind to its faults (bland and boring action sequences, dated CGI, Denise Richards, ridiculously long pre-credits sequence, soap-esque dialogue, too much of M, ugly cinematography, under developed villian in Renard, uneven tone etc...), but as long as SF does not fall in to too many of these traps then I do not see why it could not be one of the best Bond films ever made, if not the best.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:47 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
And we know they're going back to the well based on a few minutes of disaggregated, decontextualized footage?

I hazard to say that when all is said and done, and when we've actually watched SF, we will conclude that SF has, at most, a passing resemblence to TWINE. And if I'm wrong, I'll be the very first to admit it.

Depends upon how much you define as "going back to the well". What isn't in dispute:

Elektra/Silva wanted revenge against M for something in the past that they felt disrespected them
Elektra/Silva send M a cryptic message (Elektra sends explosive cash; Silva sends her a message Think On Your Sins)
Elektra/Silva both attack MI6 headquarters with a bomb

I don't think I'd call those similarities "disaggregated" and "decontextualized".

Other, perhaps tangential, similarities:
In TWINE Bond's shoulder is bruised and battered
In SKYFALL Bond is shot in the shoulder

Both films feature a Franch actress.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Depends upon how much you define as "going back to the well". What isn't in dispute:

Elektra/Silva wanted revenge against M for something in the past that they felt disrespected them
Elektra/Silva send M a cryptic message (Elektra sends explosive cash; Silva sends her a message Think On Your Sins)

I don't think I'd call those similarities "disaggregated" and "decontextualized".

I can see plenty of similarities in old Bond movies too. If you think at it, both The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker villains had basically the same idea: rebuild the human civilty, one in the water, one with only the people he thinks are perfect. And there's only a two years gap between them.
Again, you can't say that about a movie you haven't watched yet. Who knows what really will happen?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Even if what you say is 100 percent true, those few points of congruity constitute a tiny fraction of the overall film and thus do not constitute returning to the well, at least in my book. As I said, I'm fully convinced SF will resemble TWINE remotely at most.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:53 pm

2 Bond films potentially similar?

Outrageous. Disgusting. Never happened before. Franchise is broken.

I'm honestly thinking there's more of the TMWTGG novel in there, but feel free to colour me wrong in a few months time.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:21 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
We don't.

But Lazenby. does.
Back to top Go down
Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:13 am

It looks like the same kind of Bond film hopefully done a lot better. There are similar things, but a lot of Bond films have this.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:35 am

It's not a "rehash", obviously. But it's already clear that Skyfall definitely shares TWINE's knuckleheadedly imbalanced and soapy approach as to what a Bond film should be, as well as sharing a rapidly escalating amount of elements with the awful TWINE.

And what difference does it make to these similarities whether the SF trailer was in HD or not? :scratch:
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:11 am

Lazenby. wrote:
And what difference does it make to these similarities whether the SF trailer was in HD or not? :scratch:

I just like mentioning the damn thing has a HD option when downloading....
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:21 am

Enough speculation, let's concentrate on what really matters:

Ms Sects, when are you going to post a new Avatar?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:47 am

Excellent question.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:54 am

When j7wild is granted amnesty for all past crimes and given the title Comte Wildezar de Jayseven.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:07 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
When j7wild is granted amnesty for all past crimes and given the title Comte Wildezar de Jayseven.

Think on your sins.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:50 am

Largo's Shark wrote:

Rats.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:05 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
laugh
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:

Think on your sins.

:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?   So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE? Empty

Back to top Go down

So who else thinks Skyfall is a rehash of TWINE?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Skyfall (2012) :: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion-
Jump to: