More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

Go down 
+2
Perilagu Khan
Makeshift Python
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN Empty
PostSubject: Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN   Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 7:39 pm

http://www.miramax.com/subscript/skyfall-james-bond-full-length-trailer-video

Quote :
Javier Bardem won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in 2008 for his chilling performance as Anton Chigurh — a psychopathic serial killer with a terrible haircut and a lethal cattle gun. Bardem won’t be reprising this role for a No Country sequel anytime soon, though it looks as if he’ll be covering similar territory in Skyfall, the next James Bond movie.

Columbia Pictures and MGM released a full-length trailer for the film today, giving fans a glimpse at director Sam Mendes’ latest 007 thriller, which is slated to hit theaters on November 9th. Headlining Skyfall‘s cast are some familiar Bond alums. Daniel Craig is back as 007, as is Judi Dench, who once again stars as M. Rounding out the cast are Ralph Fiennes (Gareth Mallroy) and Ben Whishaw (Q), though much of the film’s early buzz remains centered on Bardem, whose performance as Silva has already drawn comparisons to the inimitable Chigurh (as well as a few Saturday Night Live characters).

There are definite similarities between the two villains — most notably, the cringe-worthy haircut and sloe-eyed gaze — though it’s too early to say whether Silva will be quite as tortuous as the coin-flipping, gum-chewing Chigurh. Upon closer examination, however, we did notice some remarkably similar shots from both the trailer and No Country For Old Men. Check out our side-by-side comparisons below, and let us know what you think of Bardem’s next foray into villainy.

Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN Skyfall3_compare

Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN Skyfall4_compare
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN   Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:34 pm

laugh

In the bottom comparison, that is Lewellyn Moss, not Anton Chigurh running in front of the pickup.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN   Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Eh, I'd say this is a stretch. These two shots look similar, but that doesn't mean anything.

At the very most, perhaps these shots were included in the trailer to compare Silva's villainy with Chigurh's, and to hopefully pull some NO COUNTRY fans to this film. Or, EON wanted to simply show the world that Bardem's playing another ruthless villain.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN   Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Then there's Deakins shooting the thing.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN   Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about that connection.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN   Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Apparently so did the article. laugh Ah well.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN   Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Is that image of Moss running from the truck even from the film? I just remember it being on the poster--which is what they took it from for this article.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN   Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:06 pm

It's been awhile since I saw the film, so I can't say for sure if it's just a still or a screencap.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN   Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:39 pm

It could very easily be from the film, but I cannot say for certain.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN   Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:56 pm

Control wrote:
Is that image of Moss running from the truck even from the film? I just remember it being on the poster--which is what they took it from for this article.

I'm pretty sure it's not.

The first two are Bardem in a car from the same angle, but way to ignore what he two shots are about...
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN   Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:39 am

So what should I do?

Based on the evidence provided by Miramax, Skyfall will be a frame-by-frame remake of no Country For Old Men, a film I have not seen.

Should I watch it, then skip Skyfall, or avoid it and enjoy the new Bond film, which I have been looking forward to, and try to ignore the overwhelming similarity, as pointed out in the above screenshots?

Decisions, decisions.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN   Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:44 am

FourDot wrote:
The first two are Bardem in a car from the same angle, but way to ignore what he two shots are about...
It wouldn't surprise me of that shot of Bardem's jaw isn't in SKYFALL at all. It looks like a teaser shot, foreshadowing his first appearance in the trailer.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN   Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:49 am

I'm pretty sure it'll be his introduction in the London sequence. Probably not in the film itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN   Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN Empty

Back to top Go down

Some SKYFALL screencaps resembling NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Skyfall (2012) :: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion-
Jump to: