More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Moderators

Go down 
+21
j7wild
Mr. Trevelyan
G section
colly
Fae
Control
Vesper
lalala2004
Hilly
Tubes
danslittlefinger
Fairbairn-Sykes
Fort Knox
Louis Armstrong
Drax
Ravenstone
Largo's Shark
retrokitty
Makeshift Python
Lazenby.
Chang
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

Moderators - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:07 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
I hope the idea of making everybody an "honourary Moderator" is only a temporary one. I understand the feeling of inclusion we're trying to create as well as the idea of encouraging people to step forward and become "real" moderators -- but I am against the idea of an artificial equality where we all share the same title but not the same powers, something that would be confusing as well as frustrating, especially for new members. New members need to see that "rookie assassin" title or similar under their name, mainly so that noobs understand that they are new, and not automatically being given the keys to the castle. It's a natural hierarchy type deal.

Well I was hoping I would become a Mod to something but I think it's a blanket inclusion to make everyone feel at home.
Great idea but awfully disappointing to see yourself not a mod on anything really. Felt a bit of a twit looking for my name on the threads...
But that's ok, I'm glad to be here.
:cheers:
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:13 am

I don't mind being a mod for the fanfic section but I just as much don't mind if I'm not. Being part of the community etc is, er what it's about.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:14 am

M

I want to thank your for the "honourary Moderator" duties for the music section. I feel I can help watch over that section with the others, but at this point, I feel I cannot help in the overall moderation of this site. With my work starting up in a few weeks, it may be hard to log into the forums as much as I would like to. The moderation team here is already great and I feel they will be able to handle it. This group of people I know will have a good time and will look after this site, so thanks to all those others willing to join the cause. Just being here at this place , means more to me.
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:30 am

Ahh, I see I've been picked for the merchandise section. It spurs me to step up my game!

I certainly don't feel any biological need to be a moderator, but I think helping to moderate one board is certainly manageable, and I do intend to be a fixture in this place, so I'm happy to help.

That said, I don't really want the responsibility to be a moderator across the board. I think things are fine the way they are at present.
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:30 am

lalala2004 wrote:
Ahh, I see I've been picked for the merchandise section. It spurs me to step up my game!

Good for you. :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:31 am

Scashy is a mod too.
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:32 am

danslittlefinger wrote:
lalala2004 wrote:

Bad for my wallet 😢
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:34 am

lalala2004 wrote:
danslittlefinger wrote:
lalala2004 wrote:

Bad for my wallet 😢

Well I'm sorry...

I haven't been invited to the Royal Wedding either...I'll just go to my corner and whimper for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:05 am

Sharky wrote:
Scashy is a mod too.

As it should be. laugh ;)

Though I wish I knew if it was the real deal and not a prank. 😕

Seriously though, I think M's post addresses a lot of questions and concerns. With regards to it, I'm fine as I am, just being a face in the crowd will do me fine unless there's anything I'm well and truly needed for mod-wise that for any bizarre reason somebody else probably a s***load more qualified than me can't take care of.

Maybe the one thing the post hasn't mentioned which seems to have raised a few questions is that the "blanket mod" appointments were all done sometime last week, with the members present at that time presumably all modded. IIRC, everyone else was due to be modded this week (all of the members who have registered since the last mod appointments - DLF, MNI, Gogers, etc), though I don't know whether that's still the case now. Now it seems to be "if you want to be a mod here (or don't want to be one), then FFS say so now", which I can completely understand given the increasing amount of members here now. It needs sorting out, so I'd think it's best that everyone at the very least can just say yay or nay over the whole mod thing so we can forget about it and just let the mods we end up with get on with doing their job.

Regarding the "ranks" thing, yeah it looks a bit mad having everyone labelled "moderator". But I'd guess this is just one more reason why the mod situation needs sorting, as presumably a new ranking system can then be brought in to distinguish the final mods from the members, something I think Fairbairn-Sykes made a good point with over the possibility of new members becoming confused, which already seems to be happening.

I'd suggest some kind of shortlist in this thread, with anyone declining mod powers to be listed, and anybody okay with being a mod listed (along with their chosen area of speciality). This would probably help in getting things sorted a lot quicker.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:08 am

On BondAndBeyond, everyone's a winner.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:09 am

Sharky wrote:
Scashy is a mod too.
That's so ironic too. laugh
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

Location : Slicing my enemies limb from limb into quivering bloody sushi.

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:48 am

I always figured Scashy was a sockpuppet account.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:52 am

I'll hold onto whatever I can get mod wise laugh

Just joking, it's a great gesture. More than willing to hold onto it though. Especially now that I've had my one bit of fun with my powers that someone with a greater sense of responsibility already unstickied before I could get back to it. Somehow don't think the Television forum will be taxing my time much.
Back to top Go down
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

Location : Slicing my enemies limb from limb into quivering bloody sushi.

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:55 am

I see I've been added to the Bond Actor section. I'm flattered, and keen. I'd also gladly jump on board the Bond Film and Poll & Survey sections if that was ever needed.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:21 am

Instead of giving everyone the title 'Moderator', perhaps it'd be better in the long-run to simply downplay the mod status. Mods' and admins' usernames aren't coloured differently - that's a good start - but maybe the mod lists shouldn't be underneath the forum names. They're also displayed at the bottom of each forum's topic list, which I think is enough prominence.

Having specific 'expert' mods for specific forums is a grand idea, which should stay IMO. They don't take on any heavy duties, but rather complement their forums by attending to their respective areas of expertise.

I've had experience running message-boards in the past, and one thing I valued about the board most of us migrated from was how well-organized it was. It was simple and easy to navigate. Maybe I'm the only one, but I found this one of its greatest appeals compared to other Bond boards. If there was a spambot, or a thread in the wrong category where no-one could find it, these problems were dealt with efficiently.

Right now, there are still sore wounds over the behaviour of mods on other sites, and I can understand the symbolic value of making everyone a mod here.

That being said, and with an eye towards practicality, I would like to humbly request a board-wide modship to assist in getting this place off the ground (and to ensure it stays airborne). I'm committed. Trust me when I say that I don't seek any sort of power or feeling of superiority; I just want Bond and Beyond to be the best community it can be.
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:15 am

Lazenby. wrote:

Maybe the one thing the post hasn't mentioned which seems to have raised a few questions is that the "blanket mod" appointments were all done sometime last week, with the members present at that time presumably all modded. IIRC, everyone else was due to be modded this week (all of the members who have registered since the last mod appointments - DLF, MNI, Gogers, etc), though I don't know whether that's still the case now. Now it seems to be "if you want to be a mod here (or don't want to be one), then FFS say so now", which I can completely understand given the increasing amount of members here now. It needs sorting out, so I'd think it's best that everyone at the very least can just say yay or nay over the whole mod thing so we can forget about it and just let the mods we end up with get on with doing their job.

I'd suggest some kind of shortlist in this thread, with anyone declining mod powers to be listed, and anybody okay with being a mod listed (along with their chosen area of speciality). This would probably help in getting things sorted a lot quicker.

I wouldn't mind being a mod of something.:)
Don't know what my specialty is, maybe a thread on posting news items or latest Bond rumours or something?
Some would say that's right up my alley.
🤡
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:18 am

All new mods should read through their elitist handbooks this week and take Ambler's seminar on how to be a PC Gestapo agent.

Afterward, Salome and Rave will meet you in the basement for a hazing ritual.

All the best,
Dr. Brown
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:37 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
All new mods should read through their elitist handbooks this week and take Ambler's seminar on how to be a PC Gestapo agent.

All the best,
Dr. Brown

I've been trying to think of ideas for rankings, as we probably can't have everyone's name reading "moderator" anymore because, as FS said, it will just confuse people, especially new members. Would it be black humour too far to just stick "ELITIST" under everyone's name, with the mods labelled "MASTER ELITIST"...? laugh ;)

Seriously though, we could do with some killer rank names.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 5:26 am

I suspect that this board will grow over time. I'd be happy to have Elitist under my name... the title should be cut off shortly though and reserved for those who have truly earned it this past week. This has not been easy. tongue

Alternatively... if we are going to have mods in different categories... we might consider the section we moderate and take cues from that subject. I don't want to be called the barkeep (not elitist enough if I'm being honest)... but with some thought, we might be able to come up with some creative and fun titles.

Just putting it out there.

Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 6:48 am

While I appreciate the gesture and all - I don't think I should be a mod ... especially at the current point in my life.

Besides the Fanfic area is really small at the moment and I'm sure Hilly is more than capable with Fields, Tux and Brown to moderstae it.

Thank you very much for the appointment but being realisitc here about how much time I can give etc.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:39 am

Please remove me as moderator. Never wanted to be a policeman.

Besides, I'm used to Oppers telling me what to do. She does so most days in any case.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:47 am

Considering this is a rather small group still - personally I'm more in favour of the minimalist option and entrusting the board to 2-3 mods, who we can depend on to use their good judgement without being tyrannical or self-interested. I dont think specific sections need specific mods - eg I dont need to be the films one, I should just be able to ask one of the regular mods. And I dont like the idea of people applying to be mods, sure its a nice gesture but I think some community consensus might be a better option.

But thats just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:44 pm

colly wrote:
And I dont like the idea of people applying to be mods, sure its a nice gesture but I think some community consensus might be a better option.
I certainly don't want to be a mod if no-one else thinks it's a good idea. Maybe a poll should be set up once people have expressed their interest (or lack of it).
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:27 pm

Agreed with Colly. Thank you very much M, but I don't really feel I should/need to be a mod in the Bond 23 and beyond section.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 5:10 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:

I'll stock up on vaseline and KY....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moderators   Moderators - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Moderators
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next