More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Kingsley Amis on the James Bond Continuation Novels 1983-1995?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Kingsley Amis on the James Bond Continuation Novels 1983-1995? Empty
PostSubject: Kingsley Amis on the James Bond Continuation Novels 1983-1995?   Kingsley Amis on the James Bond Continuation Novels 1983-1995? EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Is anyone here aware of any reviews/comments made by Kingsley Amis regarding the James Bond continuation novels 1983-1995, post-For Special Services by John Gardner - which he reviewed in 1982 for The Times Literary Supplement. I suspect there is nothing on this period in his archives and I am barking up the wrong tree, but in the hope that I may have been mistaken on this, I'd love to hear your replies on this one. I've checked his letters, biographies, memoirs, reviews...and nothing post-1982 seems to touch on the Contijnuation project.

Did he simply stop caring after FSS (my own personal view) - was this broadside his last ever public review on the James Bond Continuation project that he was once a part of (Colonel Sun)?

It would be interesting if we could come to a definitive answer on this one...though I kind of doubt that we ever will...

Back to top Go down

Kingsley Amis on the James Bond Continuation Novels 1983-1995?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: Literary Bond-
Jump to: