More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Lost

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

Lost Empty
PostSubject: Lost   Lost EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 11:39 pm

Didn't pay a bit of attention to Lost when it was on the air but I've started season one on Netflix and I'm about through with it.

I don't hate it so far, though I wish they'd ditch the flashbacks and back-stories on the characters and just get on with the weird shit.

Thoughts on the show? Is it worth investing the time to wade through all six seasons? Please avoid spoilers as I'm watching the show for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost   Lost EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:13 am

I understand people's distaste for it but I firmly believe it's because there is a mandatory hate train. It is still one of my favorite shows. There are obvious problems with creating such a massive story but the over-rching themes and characterizations make the trip well worth it.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost   Lost EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:38 am

For the most part I enjoyed the first five seasons. It's at S6 when it started to wear thin for me and I'm pretty much mixed about the finale. I have yet to rewatch that season, but I own the first five on blu (gotta love those Hawaiian vistas in HD).

Flashbacks are here there, sometimes enhancing the present story but the worst that can happen is not being related and coming off totally inconsequential. Like the backstory of Jack's tattoo, it's probably the episode I hate most because it was only made for fans that demanded to know what it meant when it was really just Matthew Fox's real tattoo.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost   Lost EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:24 pm

I'm on season five, and while I feel like watching this show involves a lot of just going through the motions, it's starting to irk me here. The time jumps, for instance, are pointless and annoying -- we get the point.

This show was at its best when it was relatively simple in the first two seasons. Now it's getting progressively cluttered -- I think there's just too much going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost   Lost Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost
Page 1 of 1