More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Youtube Thread

Go down 
+36
Thunderpussy
hegottheboot
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
mullauna
Bond Fan 90
Chief of SIS
HJackson
TedHeath
6of1
saint mark
RobDudley
lachesis
j7wild
The White Tuxedo
Hilly
Fae
Salomé
00Twelve
Gravity's Silhouette
Louis Armstrong
tiffanywint
bitchcraft
colly
CJB
Control
Vesper
Largo's Shark
G section
Prince Kamal Khan
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Trevelyan
Toppers
Makeshift Python
retrokitty
Jack Wade
Drax
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

The Youtube Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 4:21 am

Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 4:33 am

Back to top Go down
Blackfriar
'R'
'R'
Blackfriar

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 12:48 pm

Back to top Go down
https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com/
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 4:32 am

Back to top Go down
Blackfriar
'R'
'R'
Blackfriar

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 7:15 am

Last edited by Maeve Horton on Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blackfriar
'R'
'R'
Blackfriar

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 7:15 am

Double post.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 3:52 pm

I'm not sure I ever encountered the name Maeve before you began posting here. I like it very much.
Back to top Go down
Blackfriar
'R'
'R'
Blackfriar

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 4:16 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
I'm not sure I ever encountered the name Maeve before you began posting here. I like it very much.

Thank you. It's not my own, but rather a character name. It's an Irish name and it has a connection with the world of James Bond, albeit perhaps a rather obscure one. smile
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 5:06 pm

Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Thank you. It's not my own, but rather a character name. It's an Irish name and it has a connection with the world of James Bond, albeit perhaps a rather obscure one. smile

Obscure, indeed! It's not from Fleming, is it? As often as I've read the novels and short stories, I didn't think anything could slip past me.
Back to top Go down
Blackfriar
'R'
'R'
Blackfriar

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 5:30 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Obscure, indeed! It's not from Fleming, is it? As often as I've read the novels and short stories, I didn't think anything could slip past me.

No, it's not. Maeve Horton is the sister of the villain David Dragonpol in John Gardner's Never Send Flowers (1993), one of my favourite Bond continuation novels. It was a little in-joke on my part as I'm known as Dragonpol elsewhere. An early author picture of John Gardner can be seen in my current avatar.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 5:35 pm

Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

No, it's not. Maeve Horton is the sister of the villain David Dragonpol in John Gardner's Never Send Flowers (1993), one of my favourite Bond continuation novels. It was a little in-joke on my part as I'm known as Dragonpol elsewhere. An early author picture of John Gardner can be seen in my current avatar.
May Day and her brother Maeve Daeve:
The Youtube Thread - Page 17 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.gettyimages.com%2Fid%2F99973087%2Fja%2F%25E3%2582%25B9%25E3%2583%2588%25E3%2583%2583%25E3%2582%25AF%25E3%2583%2595%25E3%2582%25A9%25E3%2583%2588%2Fgrace-jones-and-her-son-paolo-goude-attend-the-belvedere-vodka-party-in-cannes-at-le-baron
Back to top Go down
Blackfriar
'R'
'R'
Blackfriar

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 6:35 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

The Youtube Thread - Page 17 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.gettyimages.com%2Fid%2F99973087%2Fja%2F%25E3%2582%25B9%25E3%2583%2588%25E3%2583%2583%25E3%2582%25AF%25E3%2583%2595%25E3%2582%25A9%25E3%2583%2588%2Fgrace-jones-and-her-son-paolo-goude-attend-the-belvedere-vodka-party-in-cannes-at-le-baron

I hope you get their pronouns right!
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 7:22 pm

Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Whew. That's something of a relief. I was afraid my Fleming competency was slipping!

Have read none of the continuation novels except Colonel Sun.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 7:23 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Welp, there goes the thread...
Back to top Go down
Blackfriar
'R'
'R'
Blackfriar

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 9:55 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Whew. That's something of a relief. I was afraid my Fleming competency was slipping!

Have read none of the continuation novels except Colonel Sun.

I wouldn't doubt your credentials as I'm aware you know your stuff. If you've read Colonel Sun you've read the best continuation Bond novel there is. I'd recommend the Gardner Bond novels but I know not everyone likes them which is fair enough. We all like different things as Bond fans.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 4:28 am

Back to top Go down
Blackfriar
'R'
'R'
Blackfriar

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 2:18 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:

Talking of usernames I've long wondered where your own username came from?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 4:06 pm

Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

I invented it from practically nothing. My field of academic study was the period of Russian history known as the Tatar Yoke, in which Russia was ruled by the Mongols. Perilagu sounds vaguely Mongol. And no, I'm not an actual Mongol.

laugh
Back to top Go down
Blackfriar
'R'
'R'
Blackfriar

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 5:22 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

I invented it from practically nothing. My field of academic study was the period of Russian history known as the Tatar Yoke, in which Russia was ruled by the Mongols. Perilagu sounds vaguely Mongol. And no, I'm not an actual Mongol.

laugh

Ah, I see. That's good to know. I thought maybe it had something to do with Star Trek but all I could find online was other accounts using the same name!

Do you lecture in History? I have an undergraduate degree in History and it's something I'm still very interested in. My main area of interest is the interwar period of 1919-1939 and British political history of the 1950s and 1960s.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 5:36 pm

Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

laugh

Ah, I see. That's good to know. I thought maybe it had something to do with Star Trek but all I could find online was other accounts using the same name!

Do you lecture in History? I have an undergraduate degree in History and it's something I'm still very interested in. My main area of interest is the interwar period of 1919-1939 and British political history of the 1950s and 1960s.

I obtained the doctorate but decided against becoming a professor. What I observed about academia while in grad school convinced me that there was no future for me there, at least as a professor, and subsequent developments proved me exactly right.

I'm quite interested in the cultural and intellectual history of those periods you mentioned. In fact, I'm researching a book on certain philosophical/ideological developments that occurred--mainly in France and the US--from roughly 1935 through 1970. Those developments reverberate ever more strongly in the present.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 10:01 am

Back to top Go down
Blackfriar
'R'
'R'
Blackfriar

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 1:30 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

laugh

I obtained the doctorate but decided against becoming a professor. What I observed about academia while in grad school convinced me that there was no future for me there, at least as a professor, and subsequent developments proved me exactly right.

I'm quite interested in the cultural and intellectual history of those periods you mentioned. In fact, I'm researching a book on certain philosophical/ideological developments that occurred--mainly in France and the US--from roughly 1935 through 1970. Those developments reverberate ever more strongly in the present.

That's great that you got a doctorate. I went on to get a Master's in Law, a two year Law conversion degree but decided that was enough university education for one life. I know that academia probably isn't all that it's cracked up to be what with all the petty rivalries, jealousy and backstabbing that must go on.

Your book sounds fascinating. I wish you all the very best with it. I write some non-fiction Bond articles myself though I've not been very good at keeping at it these last few years. I need to get back into it again.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 8:26 pm

Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

laugh

That's great that you got a doctorate. I went on to get a Master's in Law, a two year Law conversion degree but decided that was enough university education for one life. I know that academia probably isn't all that it's cracked up to be what with all the petty rivalries, jealousy and backstabbing that must go on.

Your book sounds fascinating. I wish you all the very best with it. I write some non-fiction Bond articles myself though I've not been very good at keeping at it these last few years. I need to get back into it again.

Yes, do get back to it, Maeve. And let us know what you're writing about. I know we would all be interested, and would doubtless give you more advice than you could ever possibly hope for, or need!
Back to top Go down
Blackfriar
'R'
'R'
Blackfriar

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptySun Apr 16, 2023 1:32 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Maeve Horton wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

laugh

Yes, do get back to it, Maeve. And let us know what you're writing about. I know we would all be interested, and would doubtless give you more advice than you could ever possibly hope for, or need!

I'm currently working on an old article idea that'd be perfect for the literary Bond's 70th anniversary so hopefully I'll get that completed ASAP. Thanks for the encouragement and support!
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2023 12:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Youtube Thread   The Youtube Thread - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Youtube Thread
Page 17 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next