More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Spy Who Loved Me welcomes back old friends

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

The Spy Who Loved Me welcomes back old friends Empty
PostSubject: The Spy Who Loved Me welcomes back old friends   The Spy Who Loved Me welcomes back old friends EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 am

An interesting little note about the 10th James Bond film is that it welcomes back a few actors from past films, in new roles. Spy was also the tenth Fleming book btw.
We have George Benson (Hilary Bray from OHMSS) as Captain Benson who briefs Bond at the British Naval Yard.
We have Walter Gotell, former Spectre Agent Morzeny from FRWL, as KGB General Gogol, in the first of Gogol's six Bond appearances.
And we have Milton Reid (the former DN henchman who helps soften up Bond after the dinner with the doctor), as Sandor, Stromberg's subordinate henchman to Jaws. Interestingly, as Reid's DN character was not definitively killed in the destruction of the Crab Key installation, it is conceivable that he is playing the same character in Spy - now working for a new supervillain master. Hmmmm.
Spy also introduces two new recurring character in Robert Brown as Admiral Hargreaves, the future M succeeding Bernard Lee's Miles Messervy. Some might say he's playing Messervy too, and they might be right, but there is no reason to believe that when we meet him in OP that he isn't the same character that we first met in TSWLM.
The other new recurring character of course if Geoffrey Keen as Sir Frederick Gray as Minister of Defence.
Anyone else catch that Bond calls Gray, Freddie, as they stroll along the dock after their initial briefing on the missing submarine? Bond is on very familiar terms with a senior government minister here.That's OK, Bond is rather senior himself.
Aside from it's too light tone in parts, I love this film. It's great escapist fantasy Bond. Welcome back Ken Adam!
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Spy Who Loved Me welcomes back old friends   The Spy Who Loved Me welcomes back old friends EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:53 am

I had the poster of Barbara Bach in her black evening gown, holding her gun, showing some ample cleavage.

I told Dad I was going to marry her when I grow up.

I was 12 years old then.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The Spy Who Loved Me welcomes back old friends   The Spy Who Loved Me welcomes back old friends EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 6:20 am

j7wild wrote:
I had the poster of Barbara Bach in her black evening gown, holding her gun, showing some ample cleavage.

I told Dad I was going to marry her when I grow up.

I was 12 years old then.
I don't blame you. She did look great, despite not being much of an actor. She looked real good too in her next film, Caveman, which was a less taxing role, as she didn't have any lines, but she sure filled out her her skimpy cavegirl outfits. She met her hubby Ringo on the Caveman set too.
The Spy Who Loved Me welcomes back old friends Caveman_l
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The Spy Who Loved Me welcomes back old friends   The Spy Who Loved Me welcomes back old friends EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:11 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Settle down pumpkins and get on with whatever the thread proposes to do.
Thank you Fields. This was supposed to spark a little conversation about TSWLM,but the first post is at least there for posterity. C'est la vie.
Thread cleaned up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Spy Who Loved Me welcomes back old friends   The Spy Who Loved Me welcomes back old friends Empty

Back to top Go down

The Spy Who Loved Me welcomes back old friends
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)-
Jump to: