More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Top of the Lake

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Top of the Lake Empty
PostSubject: Top of the Lake   Top of the Lake EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:13 pm

I recorded the pilot from last night, but I haven't watched it yet. Looks interesting. I'm really tuning in for Elisabeth Moss.

Anyone else looking to watch it?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Top of the Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top of the Lake   Top of the Lake EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Never heard of this, might check it out for Moss too.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

Top of the Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top of the Lake   Top of the Lake EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:34 pm

I remember when this was announced everyone freaked because they thought Moss starring in another show meant she really was off Mad Men, but then we all remembered that they shoot a Mad Men season roughly once in an Olympiad and there was plenty of time for her to do both and calmed down.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Top of the Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top of the Lake   Top of the Lake EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:45 pm

Apparently she will be naked.

It's odd, on my first run I didn't much care for Peggy. On subsequent runs she's great. Now I find Moss kind of hot.

But she's a terrific actor. This show looks like it has a cool atmosphere. I like the idea of a female detective in a story that involves violence against women. This show, which I've not seen yet, makes me think of THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, not that I'm expecting anything remotely like that. It's just that Moss can play that kind of hard determination that Foster had.

Normally I'd never watch a detective show, but this looks like a more mature drama.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

Top of the Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top of the Lake   Top of the Lake EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:24 am

Wait, Moss is a detective? It's a cop show? Awesome, I'm totally watching this.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Top of the Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top of the Lake   Top of the Lake EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:09 am

I'm probably going to wait and rent the whole thing when it comes out. My AT&T cable service only has Sundance in SD, and it looks like a shitass non-anamorphic DVD on my HDTV, with a tiny, soft image in the center of my TV. My family always watches the SD channels, which I just don't understand. Of course they also watch reality shows, and when they watch MAD MEN it's while my dad plays sodoku on a laptop and my stepmom watches it while using her iPad. :roll:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Top of the Lake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top of the Lake   Top of the Lake Empty

Back to top Go down

Top of the Lake
Page 1 of 1