More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

This ugly gorram font

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

This ugly gorram font Empty
PostSubject: This ugly gorram font   This ugly gorram font EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 2:48 am

Why is everything now in a teensy tiny Times looking font that's difficult to read and makes it look like the site was made in GeoCities twenty years ago by someone who never changed the default settings? I know there's an association with old-style serifed typefaces and classiness, but in terms of legibility and graphic style we should really be using a wider, sans-serif modern font for the forum. I mean, our banner isn't done up like the 19th century so why are our posts? What was wrong with Arial or Helvetica or whatever it was before?
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: This ugly gorram font   This ugly gorram font EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 4:01 am

Agreed. Times New Roman? Please no.

Helvetica only.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: This ugly gorram font   This ugly gorram font EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 4:12 am

If it was, like a legible size of Times, maybe. No scratch that. No serifs online, please! In print it's classy, on a monitor, especially at 8 point or whatever this is, it's just ugly.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: This ugly gorram font   This ugly gorram font EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 5:05 am

If I had a screen resolution of 640x480, the font might have been passable. But on my monitor which is set at 1360x768, it looks ridiculously tiny. Please change the font and make it bigger. In fact, make it bigger than the last one. The font was always a bit too tiny for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: This ugly gorram font   This ugly gorram font EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 5:24 am

How about ComicSans?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This ugly gorram font   This ugly gorram font Empty

Back to top Go down

This ugly gorram font
Page 1 of 1