More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Relationships: Giving it another shot...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Relationships: Giving it another shot... Empty
PostSubject: Relationships: Giving it another shot...   Relationships: Giving it another shot... EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:54 pm

Ever jump back into one of these things to discover you really don't know how to feel about it?

I just entered one with a girl I've been talking to for a while. She's funny, smart, reads (I didn't know girls between the age of 19 and 25 still did this), attractive, etc. I'd even go out on a limb and say that I trust her, too. We were with each other all weekend. Went to a concert, the Met, out to eat, and all that type of stuff. I didn't get sick of her. It was nice.

I won't see her again for a couple of weeks as she'll be in Texas* to see family. So, I guess this gives me some time to evaluate my situation--and her, also.

I don't know what to make of it yet. I like it. But I don't know if I should get too comfortable yet.

Anyway, I'll leave my payment in the jar by the leather couch.

*Ever hear of Grapevine, TX, Mr. Khan?

Last edited by Control on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Relationships: Giving it another shot...   Relationships: Giving it another shot... EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:29 pm

SeƱor Khan is on holiday at MI6Communnity, Brandon.

I say roll with it and don't overanalyse your relationship, which is easy to do when the other half's away. That kind of thing kills romance.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Relationships: Giving it another shot...   Relationships: Giving it another shot... EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 7:34 pm

It seems like I'm operating on the idea of "plan for the worst and hope for the best", which isn't what I want to do.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Relationships: Giving it another shot...   Relationships: Giving it another shot... EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Don't plan for anything.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Relationships: Giving it another shot...   Relationships: Giving it another shot... EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:25 pm

z

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Relationships: Giving it another shot...   Relationships: Giving it another shot... EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
That sounds most unusual. Is taxidermy an option?

I'll let you know by the end of September.

Largo's Shark wrote:
Don't plan for anything.

I don't know about that. I think a back-up plan is good. If things ever go sour, I won't look like the idiot in the end.

I guess there's always Helga to fall back on.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Relationships: Giving it another shot...   Relationships: Giving it another shot... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 2:59 am

Control wrote:
I guess there's always Helga to fall back on.

Helga is the town's favourite trampoline.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Relationships: Giving it another shot...   Relationships: Giving it another shot... EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:37 am

[classified]

Last edited by Moore on Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Relationships: Giving it another shot...   Relationships: Giving it another shot... EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 10:35 am

In my day ;) we 'got into a relationship' because we met someone we liked, rather than meeting someone we liked because we wanted to get into a relationship.

I recommend forgetting the navel gazing about whether you want to be in a 'relationship' and just spend time with her if that's what you enjoy doing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Relationships: Giving it another shot...   Relationships: Giving it another shot... EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:45 pm

z

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Relationships: Giving it another shot...   Relationships: Giving it another shot... EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:24 pm

Santa wrote:
I recommend forgetting the navel gazing about whether you want to be in a 'relationship' and just spend time with her if that's what you enjoy doing.

I'm actually just rounding up another for Baker St.

I couldn't keep the cat in the bag any longer.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Relationships: Giving it another shot...   Relationships: Giving it another shot... EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:47 am

Santa wrote:
In my day ;)we 'got into a relationship' because we met someone we liked, rather than meeting someone we liked because we wanted to get into a relationship.

Sounds like a friend I have. Talks to a women on the street he met for two minutes, begins telling us how she is "the one" and he is going to try and get in touch with her so they could date. It's quite sad that he is that desperate for a relationship. Then when he does get into a relationship it crashes and burns right from the get go...can't imagine why...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relationships: Giving it another shot...   Relationships: Giving it another shot... Empty

Back to top Go down

Relationships: Giving it another shot...
Page 1 of 1