More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Boxing Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

The Boxing Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Boxing Thread   The Boxing Thread EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 7:53 pm

I didn't see a boxing thread in this section so thought I'd better start one.

I grew up watching Ali with my dad and have seen When We Were Kings about 6 times. Though part of me doesn't like the barbaric nature of the sport, another part of me appreciates the training and nerve it takes to get to the pro levels. I don't know all the terms or players but have been following the lightweight and welterweight categories in the last few years.

Tonight I'll be going to see the Mayweather v Canelo fight at a local sport pub and am super excited. Boxing is the only sport for which we'll go to a sports pub because it's shown on pay-per-view only. That said, it's always a fun night out and tonight I'm especially excited.  Hoping the dude who wrote this article is wrong and that Canelo creams Mayweather and makes him cry.

The Boxing Thread Boxing

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/9/14/4728990/mayweather-vs-canelo-preview-prediction
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

The Boxing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Boxing Thread   The Boxing Thread EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:14 am

Well, it was a good fight. Undercards were ok. One exciting, another boring.

Floyd is just so good. Do hope to see him put to the mat soon. His antics with Bieber and li'l wayne and such are pathetic.

Seems the judging was quite controversial tonight too. Interesting stuff.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

The Boxing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Boxing Thread   The Boxing Thread EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:02 pm

I used to love boxing, but drifted away when the belts fragmented. Hated all that crap.

Sorry to see Ken Norton go, he was a powerful man.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2424920/Ken-Norton-dies-aged-70.html
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

The Boxing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Boxing Thread   The Boxing Thread EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:19 pm

I don't know much about the different groups but it does make is sort of silly that they don't all fight each other. How can one truly be the champion?

Those old heavyweights like Norton were a joy to watch. Such power and speed. Some are speedy today but so much of the time we've seen the heavyweights, they are lumbering about. Watching Valuev is more like a circus act for me than a boxing match. :/
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

The Boxing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Boxing Thread   The Boxing Thread EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 3:36 pm

This is the one boxing match I enjoyed, from the late 70s.
The Boxing Thread ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmajorspoilers.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F06%2FSVMACover
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

The Boxing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Boxing Thread   The Boxing Thread EmptyMon Jan 30, 2023 4:40 am

Do we know who won?
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

The Boxing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Boxing Thread   The Boxing Thread EmptyMon Jan 30, 2023 4:45 pm

Somerset wrote:
Do we know who won?
Yes, Ali won.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

The Boxing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Boxing Thread   The Boxing Thread EmptyMon Jan 30, 2023 4:46 pm

Had no idea Retrokitty was a devotee of the sweet science. Wonders will surely never cease.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Boxing Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Boxing Thread   The Boxing Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Thread
Page 1 of 1