More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
General Yuskovich
'R'
'R'
General Yuskovich

If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be? Empty
PostSubject: If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be?   If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be? EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:38 pm

I'm thinking here primarily of those James Bond films that have not had non-fiction film books specifically written about them, so this rules out the following:

GF - Adrian Turner
OHMSS - Charles Helfenstein
AVTAK - Anfdrew McNess
TLD - Charles Helfenstein
LTK - Sally Hibbin
GE - Garth Pearce
TND - Garth Pearce
TWINE - Iain Johnstone
DAD -

Unless of course you can think of areas of these films where more could be written about them. I'm thinking specifically about James Bond films on which no in-depth non-fiction film book already exists. I've been toying with the idea lately of writing such a book. I'd really love to hear your reasons for why your chosen Bond film could benefit from a book dedicated solely to it and why there would be room in the vast James Bond book market for such a film book.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebondologistblog.blogspot.co.uk
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be?   If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be? EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:19 pm

DAF - Charles Helfenstein
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be?   If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be? EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:37 am

I don't see any single one as most compelling a choice at this point, given what is available about them elsewhere. however ...

They're very nearly the least appealing of the films for me, but in terms of tech and innovation, the three Lewis Gilbert films would be worthwhile, just to get really comprehensive Ken Adam interviews about his BIGGEST/BEST/BEYOND accomplishments. Plus there are a few members of Meddings' crew still around, I'm sure, to cover SPY and MR beyond what turned up in AMERICAN CINEMATOGRAPHER and STARLOG and FUTURE [LIFE].
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be?   If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be? EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Dr No seems most worthy of plunder to my mind, yes there's lots that have already been said but collating and contrasting that information is probably worthwhile in itself.

I hadn't realised Charles Helfenstien had written another book so I ordered the Living Daylights today...thank you for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be?   If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be? EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 8:19 pm

lachesis wrote:
Dr No seems most worthy of plunder to my mind, yes there's lots that have already been said but collating and contrasting that information is probably worthwhile in itself.

I hadn't realised Charles Helfenstien had written another book so I ordered the Living Daylights today...thank you for the heads up.
The Cinema Retro people's dedicated DR NO issue has got a lot of stuff, and to be honest I enjoyed it a LOT more than the TLD making of volume (there's probably a thread someplace detailing that.)
Back to top Go down
General Yuskovich
'R'
'R'
General Yuskovich

PostSubject: Re: If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be?   If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be? EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 3:43 pm

trevanian wrote:
lachesis wrote:

The Cinema Retro people's dedicated DR NO issue has got a lot of stuff, and to be honest I enjoyed it a LOT more than the TLD making of volume (there's probably a thread someplace detailing that.)

Happily this thread has brought a lot of unheard of Bond film critical books and magazines to my attention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebondologistblog.blogspot.co.uk
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be?   If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be? EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 11:51 pm

I think moost people like to see book from QOS. But that not be easy, because QOS have symbol you can't discribe but must see. So if a book, then it should tell more about the screts Eon whant to hide in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be?   If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be? EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 12:48 am

You mean... Illuminati symbols?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be?   If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be? Empty

Back to top Go down

If you were to have a new book written focusing on one particular James Bond film which would it be?
Page 1 of 1