More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted Empty
PostSubject: Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted   Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Things look fairly plain at the moment on here, mainly due to us not wanting to put people off by either being "too flashy" or "not flashy enough" with the look of the site. We're after feedback from our members as to how they'd like the site to look. So, if anybody has any ideas regarding colour schemes, layout etc or, better still, submissions for possible forum banners, topic logos etc it would be much appreciated. We want this site to become what YOU the members make it, rather than a somewhat aloof dictatorship.

Thanks, and feel free to post any submissions right here in this topic.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted   Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:33 am

How about one of the gunbarrel poses? Is there a copyright restriction?
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted   Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:45 am

There'd only be copyright issues if somebody invited the wrong kind of person to the site; the site is invite-only, partially so that we don't have somebody from MGM or any kind of "rival" Bond forum wandering in and have us take all of the images down. The top banner as it stands is a copyrighted image as it's made up of shots from Quantum Of Solace, but I'm sure there's people out there who could come up with something much better such as some kind of montage of all six Bond actors. We're after something really professional-looking, but of the same width in size as the current banner, but probably with a bit shaved off the top and bottom size-wise as well.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted   Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:00 am

I knocked this up - could be improved but on a basic gist what do you reckon?

Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted Bondbe10
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted   Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:06 am

Nice one Fae, though the Craig and Dalton ones seems a bit blurry.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted   Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:11 am

Craig one shouldn't be.... but yeah the Dalton one is. If anyone can locate me some decent sized images I can do it a bit better since it is a bit blurry.

BTW not too much of a fan of the lime green thing - maybe a light blue or something? I just don't think the lime green works with the black/gray/white message board... so yeah ...
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted   Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:45 pm

Fae wrote:

That's great Fae, fairly much what I had in mind. Maybe to encourage the Fan Art, we could change the top banner every week, fortnight or month depending on submissions so that everybody's great work has it's own little "showcase" for a short period. I'll put your banner up later today if that's okay.

Fae wrote:
If anyone can locate me some decent sized images I can do it a bit better since it is a bit blurry.

And if you or anyone else can make your banner even better, then I'll simply switch it with the top banner when that happens. But this one is more than good enough for now. Great work.

Fae wrote:
BTW not too much of a fan of the lime green thing - maybe a light blue or something? I just don't think the lime green works with the black/gray/white message board... so yeah ...

We'll need a bit more feedback on that; again, that's something we can change on a regular basis to freshen the site up a bit. To start out, we just didn't want any colours which were too "in your face" to the point where people weren't happy looking at the screen. Subtle seems to be the way to go, as that way the focus is always on what's being written in the posts. Any more suggestions for colours etc would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted   Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Fae wrote:

Pretty neat, kid.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted   Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:36 pm

I'm really liking the colour scheme we have here. It's subtle but also somewhat contemporary. I don't think it needs changing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted   Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted Empty

Back to top Go down

Design banners and other artwork for this site - submissions wanted
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: James Bond Fan Area-
Jump to: