More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24

Go down 
+2
Hilly
Strangways&Quarrel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24 Empty
PostSubject: Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24   Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 2:35 am

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a567962/sam-mendes-on-bond-24-this-is-part-two-of-skyfalls-story.html#~oDDkPhxzxY8Bah

Quote :
Mendes recently opened up to The Charlie Rose Show about why he decided to return for Bond 24, despite initial reticence.

"I started a number of stories that were incomplete. I cast a new M, I cast a new Moneypenny, I cast a new Q, I cast a new Tanner," he explained.

The director continued: "There was a missing piece now. I felt like there was a way to create the second part of a two-part story."

Mendes added that he feels a responsibility for the next Bond movie to please fans of Skyfall.

He said: "What we tried to do, and audiences seemed to embrace in Skyfall, was that for the first time characters were allowed to age, and they were allowed to acknowledge the passing of the years, and were allowed to acknowledge the history - in a kind of sly, mischievous way - the history of the franchise that they've been part of.

"And then I started to get really interested again, when they agreed to wait a little longer and not go immediately and not go with two movies but with one, which I felt very strongly about."

It has been reported that Chiwetel Ejiofor is being eyed to play the next Bond villain, with the criminal organization Quantum also rumored to return.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a567962/sam-mendes-on-bond-24-this-is-part-two-of-skyfalls-story.html#~oDDkPhxzxY8Bah#ixzz315EnYdfl
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24   Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24 EmptySat May 10, 2014 4:37 pm

All the better to have him return even if Quantum raises an eyebrow. In Mendes' hands it should be capable enough. Hopefully Newman will also return.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24   Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 1:08 pm

I am sure I could care less about seeing (or hearing about) Quantum again...but it would require effort. While I am delighted Mendes is going to return it peeves me this talk of two-part stories....not everything needs to be joined, not everything needs prior investment or foreshadowing so I am hoping that sort of pretension will not deny us the good old fashioned fresh mission that the end of Skyfall suggested.....its time, high time imo.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24   Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 9:24 am

I don't think you have much to worry about. SF didn't have any unresolved plot points. The only way I could see a directsequel working is if MI6 or the CIA started taking Silva's operations apart and picked up some gems of intelligence. Quantum's resources would be of obvious use to Silva, while Silva's skills could be put to equally-good use by Quantum. While it would be stupid to retcon him as a Quantum operative, I wouldn't be surprised if the two had some degree of contact. Kind of like an independent contractor.

If EON really wanted to bring Quantum back, then the best way forward would be to make a subplot out of it. While Bond is off dealing with the primary threat, M could start following up on the intelligence gathered from Silva's hideout, ultimately finding a connection to one Ernst Starvo Blofeld.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24   Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Strangways&Quarrel wrote:

"I started a number of stories that were incomplete. I cast a new M, I cast a new Moneypenny, I cast a new Q, I cast a new Tanner," he explained.

A new Tanner?
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24   Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
If EON really wanted to bring Quantum back, then the best way forward would be to make a subplot out of it. While Bond is off dealing with the primary threat, M could start following up on the intelligence gathered from Silva's hideout, ultimately finding a connection to one Ernst Starvo Blofeld.

Indeed that could be the missing element Mendes was referring to, either that or a direct appearance by SPECTRE. Not that I really want that, been there and done that, and the relative ease/interchangebility of Quantum/SPECTRE these days kind of removes the point or reusing those labels.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24   Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 10:52 am

If it were me, I would have Bond going off and dealing with whatever plot arises. Meanwhile, Quantum's inactivity is because one of their senior members has been discreetly - and violently - seizing all of their assets. MI6 learn of this while dismantling Silva's operations. M uses his political savvy to aisle up to Guy Haines, and discovers that Quantum has been seized by Blofeld. Roll credits. BOND 25 would then pit Bond against Blofeld in a single, definitive interpretation of the character. Quantum/SPECTRE is completely destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24   Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 9:07 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
If it were me, I would have Bond going off and dealing with whatever plot arises. Meanwhile, Quantum's inactivity is because one of their senior members has been discreetly - and violently - seizing all of their assets. MI6 learn of this while dismantling Silva's operations. M uses his political savvy to aisle up to Guy Haines, and discovers that Quantum has been seized by Blofeld. Roll credits. BOND 25 would then pit Bond against Blofeld in a single, definitive interpretation of the character. Quantum/SPECTRE is completely destroyed.

This is exactly what I want to see.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24   Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

I wouldn't be totally against that approach however the idea of Blofeld being brought back at all seems to have even less of a point if its solely for one film. All in all I cannot see what is gained by resurrecting the character name and plenty that can be lost by the baggage it brings with it. Move on, we've been there and done that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24   Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sam Mendes Talks Bond 24
Page 1 of 1