More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Banshee

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Banshee Empty
PostSubject: Banshee   Banshee EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 1:18 pm

This is another show that isn't trying to re-invent the wheel.
It's basically a very pulpy cop-criminal show about a newly released criminal who gets mistaken for a small towns new Sheriff and plays along with this misconception to hook back up with his former associate ex-girlfriend (who has since married and settled down in this little town).

What I like about it is its gritty, pulpy heart and how it's not afraid nor apologetic about the amount of violence and sex on display.
It's also almost gleeful about adding seemingly ludicrous elements like murderous Amish, over the top Russian mobsters and terrifying Indian killing machines.
So it's best to stay away if you are keen on even a modicum of realism.

Back to top Go down
KyBondFan

KyBondFan

Banshee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshee   Banshee EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:43 pm

I've caught a couple of episodes and while it isn't bad, if I'm going to watch a show which is unapologetic for its sex and violence, I'll watch "Strike Back."
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Banshee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshee   Banshee EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:57 pm

KyBondFan wrote:
I've caught a couple of episodes and while it isn't bad, if I'm going to watch a show which is unapologetic for its sex and violence, I'll watch "Strike Back."

I'll try checking that out, thanks for the recommendation. :)
Back to top Go down
KyBondFan

KyBondFan

Banshee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshee   Banshee EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:18 pm

If you do, make sure you watch them in the correct order. The show started out on SKY and is a different animal than the Cinemax version and stars Richard Armitage of "The Hobbit" fame and Andrew Lincoln of "The Walking Dead" fame. Guests include former Bond alums Toby Stephens and Colin Salmon. There are 4 seasons total, but the 1st season was never released in the US until after the 4th season (or 3rd according to Cinemax) was aired. They called it "Strike Back: Origins" instead of the original title "Chris Ryan's Strike Back." I guess my point is that you need to start with the SKY TV version...not Cinemax.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Banshee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banshee   Banshee Empty

Back to top Go down

Banshee
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Television & Radio-
Jump to: