More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Sexual Politics

Go down 
+8
Jack Wade
Control
Campbell4
saint mark
Largo's Shark
bitchcraft
Salomé
Gravity's Silhouette
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Sexual Politics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 3:00 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
there is always the underlying threat of the man just taking what he wants if she does not surrender it willingly.

Homicide numbers would suggest we are far, far less deadly.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 3:18 pm

Salomé wrote:

Only because infanticide is classified separately.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 3:49 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:

Only because infanticide is classified separately.

Do you have the statistics to back up this claim?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 4:04 pm

Peer reviewed paper, World Psychiatry. Oct 2007; 6(3): 137–141.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2174580/

Quote :
Maternal filicide is defined as child murder by the mother. Infanticide is child murder in the first year of life. The term neonaticide was coined by Resnick (9) to describe murder of an infant within the first 24 hours of life. Almost all neonaticides are committed by mothers.

Infanticide laws often reduce the penalty for mothers who kill their children up to one year of age, based on the principle that a woman who commits infanticide does so because "the balance of her mind is disturbed by reason of her not having fully recovered from the effect of giving birth to the child" (41).

In practice, however, women convicted of infanticide in England sometimes do not have significant mental illness as technically required by the law (64). Opponents of infanticide laws point out that fathers are granted far less leniency. A father who is equally psychotically depressed as a mother, who kills his 10-month-old child in an altruistic psychotic belief with an associated suicide attempt, should not be treated differently than a similarly situated mother. Some feminists criticize the infanticide laws for "pathologizing childbirth". They believe that making this exception for women denies them the same capacity for self-governance attributed to men (65).

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm

From a 2003 study:

Sexual Politics - Page 2 24pe742

Let us assume that all of those are committed by women (which cannot possibly be the case in reality, but whatever).

Total number of murders in England/Wales in 2010:

688 (based on the murder rate for that year, according to Wiki)

90% of those are committed by men.

That leaves just 69 committed by women.

So by virtue of that short Google search, men would still "win" by quite some margin.

619 > 148
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 4:26 pm

You're missing the point. Infanticide, fiflicide and neonaticides are not classified as murder so they're not in the statistics. Here's A 1999 U.S. Department of Justice study:

Quote :
Between 1976 and 1997 parents and stepparents murdered nearly 11,000 children. Mothers and stepmothers committed about half of these child murders. Mothers were responsible for a higher share of children killed during infancy.

http://web.archive.org/web/20100603113816/http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/wo.pdf

Unless you're going to argue that women are superior for preying on the weakest in society, I'm not sure where you're going with this. Besides, it's always been this way. One of the most traditional English folk songs is The Greenwood Side.

Quote :
She leaned her back up against the thorn
O the rose and the lindsey O
And there she had two little babes born
Down by the Greenwood sidey O

She took her pen knife clean and sharp
O the rose and the lindsey O
And pierced those two babes to the heart
Down by the Greenwood sidey O
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 4:38 pm

Even with those numbers included, you would still not arrive at the conclusion that women kill more than men.

Anyway, I am now going to follow my original instincts and stay well clear of this topic.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 6:50 am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/publisher-alter-lena-dunham-book-755193

Publisher to Alter Lena Dunham Book After Rape Story Questioned, Attorney Says

Random House is distancing itself from Lena Dunham's very questionable allegation of rape. They've now agreed to make changes to future copies of the book, issue a statement that "Barry" is a pseudonym, and are agreeing to pay for his legal fees for having to fight this claim of libel.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 8:09 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Salomé wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
Yes, we should all rely on personal anecdotes and not unreliable and subjective things like, I dunno, statistics.

I'd like to see the stats that suggest false rape reports are a statistically relevant occurrence.

As this Bloomberg piece shows, the truth is we don't know. But I'd rather we veered on the side of caution, than blithely dismiss false rape reports as saint mark does, simply because it doesn't line up with his (limited) experience.

I wish it was as limited as you make it out to be. With more than 20 years of experience as a welfare worker I wish it really was.

My anecdote was meant to illustrate one of the most difficult things about rape namely accepting that a person you know would do such a deed, denial kicks in hard at that point.

Why do women no go to the police? Often for the simple reason that they are afraid that they are not believed and that they are afraid how the people they know will react.

I know the official numbers too and they do not cover the real numbers, as any police officer could tell you.

What I find extremely worrying is that women are made out to be the villains because men do not know when to zip it up, and are troubled by their own behaviour. Which then again can blamed again on women, those untrustworthy creatures.

I read a lot of blame in this thread most lain at the feet of women when men are so clearly too often in the wrong.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:59 am

saint mark wrote:

Why do women no go to the police? Often for the simple reason that they are afraid that they are not believed and that they are afraid how the people they know will react.

Why didn't Lena Dunham go to the police? To this day she's trying to "protect" the identity of the man she claims raped her:

Reporters have attempted to uncover the identity of my attacker despite my sincerest attempts to protect this information.
---

http://www.mediaite.com/online/lena-dunham-speaks-out-on-rape-story-i-dont-believe-i-am-to-blame/

He's out there potentially raping other women. Why hasn't she named him? She came from money, so it's not like she didn't have access to a good lawyer. She's a liberal activist; a women's right activist, and has been called the leading voice of her generation If she doesn't have the balls to go to the police, who would?

Or maybe she's not trying to protect his information as much as she's trying to control this story in a way that nobody can challenge her on it.

One of the best things that can happen with a rape allegation is that #1 the word gets out so that others can be on the lookout for the suspect and #2 that a complaint can lead to an investigation, where hard, fair, probative questions are asked that will solidify the woman's case and make it more likely to get to trial and get a conviction.. But Denham wants none of that. She wants to level the rape charge against a guy from the comfort of her own home without being bothered to have to explain herself to anyone.

And she's clearly got sex issues:

Quote :

What I find extremely worrying is that women are made out to be the villains because men do not know when to zip it up, and are troubled by their own behaviour. Which then again can blamed again on women, those untrustworthy creatures.

I read a lot of blame in this thread most lain at the feet of women when men are so clearly too often in the wrong.

I must've missed it. I've found nothing but a lot of profound respect and reverence for women; a lot of admiration for their gifts and talents. But I won't submit to, or fall into the trap that post-modern feminists are laying, that a woman who alleges rape gets special protections that a victim of any other crime would not be afforded.

But above all yes, I'm sick of the ever expanding, ever growing catalouge of offenses that now constitute sexual harassment and rape. Under the new guidelines, every man on this board has raped someone and will strike again. We're sex crazed monsters that can't control our urges. Help me!! Please! I need help!
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 8:03 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:

But above all yes, I'm sick of the ever expanding, ever growing catalouge of offenses that now constitute sexual harassment and rape. Under the new guidelines, every man on this board has raped someone and will strike again. We're sex crazed monsters that can't control our urges. Help me!! Please! I need help!

What acts are you talking about exactly?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 8:06 am

Help me!! Please! I need help!

Dog. Oppers. Help Gravy out of his trousers.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 9:37 am

What the case is with Lena Dunham I do not know, as her show and her book do not feature in my atmosphere of interest.
I am not sure what she wants to do and why she did not do anything about her rape and rapist. I feel she should have made that clear in her book when stating such claims.

What I do know is that women are not taken to file charges for the fear of not being believed, not every rape is commited by an unknown assailant the numbers of rapes being commited by people from their own environment as in family and friends) is scary, the fear of being blamed for it and the fear of being put again through the experience in a police station and a court case. And in a court case she will be made out to be not the victim.

Rape victims should get specialized care, I believe most police forces now have special people in place to handle such cases because not every policeman is up for that job. It takes some specialized training.

And if you get sick of the growing catalog of offenses that now constitute sexual harassment and rape guess how women have felt for so long when some really offensive behaviour was a laugh and a joke while it made them feel less of a person. We live in a mostly male dominated society and this has been changing slowly to a more equal society and that takes some adjustments and some of them are not so pleasant as it requires taking a long hard look at yourselves being a male.

You do not have to like that and can always move to the more muslim ruled parts of our world were women have no rights and if she claims to have being raped she gets the punishment instead of the man.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 10:08 am

b

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 10:18 am

Of course for everyone of those, there is also one of these:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2758569/Man-kills-wife-shoots-daughter-turning-gun-grisly-murder-suicide-just-weeks-wife-filed-divorce-sought-restraining-order.html
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:24 am

b

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Her inarticulate idiomatics should make her unfit for office at any level. blink
Devoid of context, I would have guessed some love-sick 16-year old had written that.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 2:58 pm

Salomé wrote:

What acts are you talking about exactly?

These kind of acts:

http://www.kxxv.com/story/5785699/4-year-old-accused-of-improperly-touching-teacher

Pre-K student arrested for sexual harassment: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/AsSeenOnGMA/story?id=4585388

6 year old arrested and publicly labeled a sex offender for playing doctor with 5 year old girl:
http://www.takepart.com/article/2011/11/29/6-year-old-boy-charged-felony-sexual-assault

I guess my question is: why wasn't the 5 year old girl arrested as well? She wasn't forced; she consented,.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 11:41 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/30/kaley-cuoco-feminist_n_6396208.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000024

TV "star" Kaley Cuoco is not a feminist.

Quote :
"Is it bad if I say no?" she asked. "It's not really something I think about. Things are different now, and I know a lot of the work that paved the way for women happened before I was around ... I was never that feminist girl demanding equality, but maybe that's because I've never really faced inequality."

Lena Dunham is not going to be happy! She may have to write another book about this.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 7:49 am

Control wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/30/kaley-cuoco-feminist_n_6396208.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000024

TV "star" Kaley Cuoco is not a feminist.

Quote :
"Is it bad if I say no?" she asked. "It's not really something I think about. Things are different now, and I know a lot of the work that paved the way for women happened before I was around ... I was never that feminist girl demanding equality, but maybe that's because I've never really faced inequality."

Lena Dunham is not going to be happy! She may have to write another book about this.

Cuuco is being torn a new one in the comments section of THE HUFFINGTON POST. This line is going to really get her in trouble: "I cook for Ryan five nights a week: It makes me feel like a housewife; I love that. I know it sounds old-fashioned, but I like the idea of women taking care of their men. I'm so in control of my work that I like coming home and serving him.."

To paraphrase a line from the 1990 movie GHOST: 'Kaley, you in danger gurl!".

But yeah, Kaley is right about never having faced "inequality" because the truth is, feminism was never, ever made for someone like her. It was made for ugly white women to try and give them a competitive advantage in business where other prospects in her life, like marriage, might be limited. Feminism was never meant for the beautiful and the sexy among us.

And feminists HATE HATE HATE a woman who uses her "power" to stay in the home and raise a family (feminists are too usually aborting babies to actually raise them). Feminists want you to be "pro-choice" as long as you choose to loudly proclaim and support the modern feminists agenda. If you actually use your power and your voice to advocate for a traditional relationship not based on trying to be just like a man, but instead a man and a woman complementing each other, feminists will cut the brakes on your cars...as soon as they can find a female Home Depot employee that knows how to use a power tool to do it with.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 12:16 pm

And feminists HATE HATE HATE a woman who uses her "power" to stay in the home and raise a family (feminists are too usually aborting babies to actually raise them). Feminists want you to be "pro-choice" as long as you choose to loudly proclaim and support the modern feminists agenda. If you actually use your power and your voice to advocate for a traditional relationship not based on trying to be just like a man, but instead a man and a woman complementing each other, feminists will cut the brakes on your cars...as soon as they can find a female Home Depot employee that knows how to use a power tool to do it with.

I know how to use power tools, thank you very much.

Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:34 pm

And feminists HATE HATE HATE a woman who uses her "power" to stay in the home and raise a family (feminists are too usually aborting babies to actually raise them).

Huh. Is that so.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 6:11 am

The next generation of our critical feminist thinkers:

By the way, did you know that 1 out of every 5 women on this board will be sexually assaulted, harassed, or brutally raped in her lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 6:16 am

Woops. Okay.By Part Two: of the Potty Pouth Princesss, thenew statistic is: 1 out of every 4 women will be attacked, assault, beaten or be the victim of domestic violence. Interesting. I did not know that. no pity

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Sexual Politics   Sexual Politics - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 6:24 am

Excellent deconsruction of the myths that these feminists are pushing:

Back to top Go down

Sexual Politics
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next