More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby

Go down 
+10
Staugust
lachesis
Salomé
CJB
Gravity's Silhouette
Control
Hilly
Xenia93
bitchcraft
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby Empty
PostSubject: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 10:30 pm

http://www.digitalspy.com.au/movies/news/a624813/roger-moore-on-best-bond-i-rank-myself-behind-george-lazenby.html#~p2BRyplct9nN4r

DS wrote:
Roger Moore has offered a candid assessment of his 12 years playing James Bond.

The actor took over the iconic role of 007 from Sean Connery for 1973's Live and Let Die, and remained through to A View to a Kill in 1985.

Moore looked back on his years as James Bond in an interview with Fox News, when he was asked where he would rank himself among his fellow Bonds.

"I think a little bit behind George Lazenby, I suppose," he replied.

Lazenby only starred in a single James Bond movie, 1969's On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Moore went on to offer his thoughts on who the all-time best James Bond actors have been.

"I believe [Daniel Craig is] an excellent Bond," he said. "He's much stronger than I am. I think he does a hell of a good job of it. He and Sean are, I think, undoubtedly the best Bonds."

Craig returns to the role of 007 in the upcoming Spectre, which will feature Léa Seydoux as the latest Bond Girl and Christoph Waltz as the mysterious Franz Oberhauser.

I'd probably agree with him… But definitely not putting Craig up there right next to Sean… Suppose it's only normal for the Bond actors to say that the current Bond is the best with Sean, but whatever Trevor.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 11:51 pm

Still as fun as ever and remains an Ambassador in the 007 franchise... drool
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:03 am

Well I vastly prefer Roger to Lazenby myself. With Connery's first four turns obviously a cut above the rest.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:03 am

Ah, Sir Roger.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:09 am

Wasn't the best Bond, but he's still a legend.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:16 am

FieldsMan wrote:

I'd probably agree with him… But definitely not putting Craig up there right next to Sean… Suppose it's only normal for the Bond actors to say that the current Bond is the best with Sean, but whatever Trevor.

Roger had more Bond in one arched-eyebrow than Daniel Craig has in his entire body.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 7:18 am

Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby Roger-moore-pool-blonde-german-tv-770724

Pictured: Roger Moore pulling the bitches.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 8:03 am

I like Roger Moore a lot more than I like Roger Moore as Bond.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Salomé wrote:

Indeed this, as to the strongest Bonds for me its a case of Connery>Dalton>>The rest. I find Daniel Craig the most generic and indistinct iteration to date, though that is more about the chosen approach to the films now than anything related to his particular skills.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 2:34 pm

He wasn't a great Bond, but definitely had some great "Bond moments".
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:12 pm

Always thought Moore was great as Bond personally. Made the role his own and never felt like "A guy playing Bond!" like Brosnan did at times throughout his run.
Back to top Go down
Staugust
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Staugust

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 7:04 pm

It's just Sir Roger being modest again - he's a very underrated Bond in my view.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 2:38 am

Roger was different, but I enjoy his Bond. It was at least a unique approach.

With that said, I would have loved to see him play a more serious Bond. We get hints of a more seriously portrayal in scenes throughout his tenure. Would have been interesting.
Back to top Go down
Flush
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Flush

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:43 am

Salomé wrote:

Seconded. He comes across as a really good man. When the sad time comes (hopefully not for years), hopefully he can be judged and assessed by all he did, not just by a lazy perception of a handful of Bond films.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:53 am

Typical self-deprecation from him. I enjoy LALD, TSWLM and FYEO ... the other four are very much 'mixed bags', with his advanced age in AVTAK being of severe detriment to that film for example. But what with being a '71 baby, he was the Bond I was first aware of and the first one I saw at the cinema (in Octopussy) so that (along with how he's a damn nice guy) is why I will continue to hold him in tremendous affection.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:21 am

I used to be dismissive of Moore as Bond, but over time he grew on me and I've come to respect his take on the character. He made the role his own.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:17 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
I used to be dismissive of Moore as Bond, but over time he grew on me and I've come to respect his take on the character. He made the role his own.

I'm the same.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 1:34 am

His devotion and service to the franchise is certainly above and beyond that of the other actors.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 1:55 am

CJB wrote:
His devotion and service to the franchise is certainly above and beyond that of the other actors.

Yep, although Dalton has also been a good Ambassador...he had lots of praise for Skyfall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby   Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby Empty

Back to top Go down

Roger Moore: I'm behind George Lazenby
Page 1 of 1