More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Wes Craven

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Wes Craven Empty
PostSubject: Wes Craven   Wes Craven EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:34 pm

Wes Craven 8FB27643C5

What does everyone think of him?

I just saw the trailer for "Scream 4". Not really interested, though I was never really interested in 1, 2, or 3, either. I like his earlier works. They were solid horror/gore flicks. I also think "Red Eye" was a quality idea for a thriller, despite being heavily flawed.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Wes Craven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wes Craven   Wes Craven EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:01 pm

I'd like to check Red Eye out again sometime. Months earlier before that film came out, Cursed was a genuine disappointment. So Red Eye was a real surprise for me when seeing it in theaters, Craven doing what he does best when it comes to solid thrillers.

A Nightmare on Elm Street is as solid as horror comes. Never saw any of sequels. Scream 1 and 2 work a lot for me. I think they're well done tongue and cheek thrillers and I'm always big on Hollywood having a good laugh at itself. 3 was just weak, it had a good concept but I felt a lot of the wit had been gutted out. So I'm not even sure about 4. It better be a good entry if that's what it took to bring the original crew back. I can only hope it does to the Scream series what Rocky Balboa gave to the Rocky series by capping off the whole thing on a perfect note. But I hear there might be more sequels for Scream. UGH.

Still I suppose I'd take anything from Craven over everyone else when it comes to today's horror/thriller.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Wes Craven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wes Craven   Wes Craven EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:06 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Still I suppose I'd take anything from Craven over everyone else when it comes to today's horror/thriller.

Yeah. Most directors who specialize in "horror/thrillers" today are actually just guys who get boners from seeing naked girls getting fucked and then dismembered.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Wes Craven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wes Craven   Wes Craven EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 11:33 pm

Hated Red Eye. Is it representative of Craven's work?
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Wes Craven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wes Craven   Wes Craven EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:46 am

ambler wrote:
Hated Red Eye. Is it representative of Craven's work?

I'm not particularly fond of Nu-Craven (the Scream series and everything else since then).

His original "The Hills Have Eyes" is quite good though. And I think we discussed "Last house on the left" when the plans of the remake emerged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wes Craven Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wes Craven   Wes Craven Empty

Back to top Go down

Wes Craven
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: