More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes

Go down 
+7
Control
bitchcraft
Makeshift Python
CJB
Strangways&Quarrel
Hilly
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes Empty
PostSubject: A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:33 am

No 'end credits' answers.

1. Bond meets Stacey
I really dig the dialogue in this scene - Moore as charming as ever and Stacey is smoking. Barry's music is as romantic as it ever gets in my opinion and elevates the scene to another level. Then of course May Day's interruption is fantastic and leads to one of AVTAK's best lines (mostly due to Moore's delivery): "You'll see to that personally, will you". You have the gentleman spy, gorgeous girl, sense of danger and bizarre in May Day, a beautiful location and great music - does it get any more Bondian?

2. City Hall Confrontation
Everything just clicks together and works. Probably one of Moore's most focused and grounded scenes too.

3. Mayday's death
It's a pretty haunting scene. From Bond's calls out to her as she rolls out of the mine to those weirdly desperate waves is bizarre and disturbing. And of course, that final shot of her suddenly realising she's about to be ripped to shreds is actually quite moving.

I started writing an honourable mention, but there are lots of great scenes in this. I'll start by saying May Day and Zorin fight. Mostly just for the first shot. Something about May Day's hands entering frame, and then this snake-like move she does with the moving camera. Feels very bizarre and screams James Bond to me. Then of course the Golden Gate fight, the blimp scene ("does anyone else wanna drop out?"), Dinner with Stacey, any scene with Tibbet - the list is endless.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:51 am

City Hall.
For reasons you say Fields but also the climax (if we include the fire) of Bond carrying Stacey on the fire ladder and the fanfare. When I re-watched it last week I wonder if Bond's slip on the step was an accidental slip by the stuntman (sure as heck nor Sir Roge up there). Something about how he hesitates before resuming. Still something though.

The mine massacre.
Chilling, Sir Roger felt it unnecessary but showed Zorin's evil really or rather the lengths he'd go to. The sight of someone being electrocuted as they tried fleeing was chilling. Being devoid of music helped (whereas in Goldfinger you had the gangsters seen off with music for example)

Hard pressed for a 'serious' third option but might say, or will, the fight at Stacey's house. Just Bond turning up under the pretence of James Stock looking for a 'story' but then thrust straight into defending her and with a nice sounding version of the Bond theme (just before Stacey rescues the vase) -and scene off with Bond double-tapping the mug who can't get into the car quick enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 6:24 am

1. Golden Gate bridge fight
A really good final fight and end for Zorin who got in one last laugh before falling to his death. The blimp blowing up was also spectacular. "There's never a cab when you need one."

2. "Nobody ever leaves the KGB."
Gogol's visit to Zorin was a good exchange plus it had a short and tense stand-off. The way Zorin's attitude changed when called a freak was also a good bit of acting on Christopher Walken who knows how to play it crazy.

3. The mine massacre
I guess there's a running theme for my top three. Zorin is pure craziness as only the actor who won an Oscar for a movie where he played Russian roulette could. The maniacal laugh as a final touch was also particularly unsettling. I can see why Roger Moore didn't like this scene but I felt it fit well with the changing of the guard in the '80's where the villains were less suave and arrogant but desperate defectors, thieves and psychotic killers.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 7:12 am

If I was being picky, I always thought the "Nobody ever leaves the KGB" scene was a bit clunky…

I really do dig the Golden Gate bridge fight, precisely for the reasons you mention. Same with the mine massacre… Definitely adds to Zorin's psychosis.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:33 am

1. Q shamelessly watching Bond fuck Stacy in the shower.

2. Everything else.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 11:37 pm

Any three scenes that had Walken in it. It's odd that for a film that isn't really great, it had a lot of great elements in it that would make you believe it would be to tier Bond. Never sums up greatness though.

I'll pick three random Walken moments.

1. "I'm happiest... in the saddle! *chuckle*"

2. "MOAR! MOAR POWAH! DO IT FULL THRODDLE!!!"

3. "Does anybody else want to drop out?"
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 11:53 pm

1. The title credits with the Duran Duran song.

2. Umm...

3. Umm...
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 12:34 am

bitchcraft wrote:
1. The title credits with the Duran Duran song.

2. Umm...

3. Umm...

Yeah, this works.

Patrick Macnee was a good addition to the franchise, but wasted in this shit-awful film.

I guess my #2 would be Tanya Roberts' Fiona Fullerton's tits and #3 would be the scene where Mortner's hanging out of the blimp with a stick of dynamite in his hand.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 1:04 am

Control wrote:
#3 would be the scene where Mortner's hanging out of the blimp with a stick of dynamite in his hand.

The highlight being that right before it blows up he struggles to grab it with that other goon I swear he was actually smiling. https://youtu.be/Qh1deJ-Yn8E?t=6m25s
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes EmptySat May 02, 2020 9:15 pm

Hilly wrote:
City Hall.
For reasons you say Fields but also the climax (if we include the fire) of Bond carrying Stacey on the fire ladder and the fanfare. When I re-watched it last week I wonder if Bond's slip on the step was an accidental slip by the stuntman (sure as heck nor Sir Roge up there). Something about how he hesitates before resuming. Still something though.

The mine massacre.
Chilling, Sir Roger felt it unnecessary but showed Zorin's evil really or rather the lengths he'd go to. The sight of someone being electrocuted as they tried fleeing was chilling. Being devoid of music helped (whereas in Goldfinger you had the gangsters seen off with music for example)

Hard pressed for a 'serious' third option but might say, or will, the fight at Stacey's house. Just Bond turning up under the pretence of James Stock looking for a 'story' but then thrust straight into defending her and with a nice sounding version of the Bond theme (just before Stacey rescues the vase) -and scene off with Bond double-tapping the mug who can't get into the car quick enough.

lemme see:

#3 Stacey's house

the fight, the meeting, Bond cooking, Barry's music, showing off her quake knowledge and her legs. Boom.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 7:51 pm

Paris car chase
Bond gives Tibbett a hard time at the chateau
Final blimp sequence
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes EmptyFri Mar 31, 2023 2:19 am

The title song.

The carwash death - probably owing to the Barry music, that is the single full-on Bond moment in the film for me.

There is also about 30 seconds when the blimp approaches the bridge that actually feel almost suspenseful, but I think that is mostly owing to the Barry score as well. I really wish he'd saved this score for TLD, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes EmptyTue May 02, 2023 3:41 am

I'm not sure exactly of scenes exactly but my favorite moment in the film is when Bond emerges on top of city hall with Stacey slung over his shoulder and Barry's triumphant music sounds out. One of the most heroic moments in the series, actually. And a crowd gets to applaud Bond to boot.

Way way back when I saw it as a youngster I remember the subsequent moment when Bond misses a rung in the ladder on his way down being quite effective.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes EmptyTue May 02, 2023 8:28 pm

Somerset wrote:
I'm not sure exactly of scenes exactly but my favorite moment in the film is when Bond emerges on top of city hall with Stacey slung over his shoulder and Barry's triumphant music sounds out. One of the most heroic moments in the series, actually. And a crowd gets to applaud Bond to boot.

Way way back when I saw it as a youngster I remember the subsequent moment when Bond misses a rung in the ladder on his way down being quite effective.

A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes A-View-to-a-Kill-568

You betcha, Siomerset.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes   A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes Empty

Back to top Go down

A VIEW TO A KILL: Your 3 Favourite Scenes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: A View To A Kill (1985)-
Jump to: