More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The role of NK in future Bond Films

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

The role of NK in future Bond Films Empty
PostSubject: The role of NK in future Bond Films   The role of NK in future Bond Films EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 10:34 pm

I've been keeping up to date with the more recent tension between the US and North Korea and as terrible and downright stupid a lot of it is, could they be the new Russia that SPECTRE manipulates? I understand that they weren't all that impressed with how they were depicted in DAD (granted, I'm not sure many can be impressed with DAD) but isn't that why Russia was sidelined for SPECTRE in order to be less political? There probably couldn't be a NK General Gogol type character, especially one sitting in M's office awarding Bond something at the end of the mission for taking a brave step towards detente, but you get the gist.

Could there be a role of for NK in future Bond films?
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: The role of NK in future Bond Films   The role of NK in future Bond Films EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 7:14 am

FieldsMan wrote:
I understand that they weren't all that impressed with how they were depicted in DAD

They were depicted as having the capacity to actually launch a functioning satellite. They should be grateful.

And I don't think the DPRK will have much of a role in future Bond films. They're destitute and incapable of projecting clout beyond the 38th Parallel. Their place in the pantheon of geopolitical foes, as far as the headlines are concerned, is dwarfed by Islamic State, Russia, and China.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: The role of NK in future Bond Films   The role of NK in future Bond Films EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 6:06 am

I don't think so. DAD presented a lot of controversies in Asia. Nobody cared about the NK stuff, but the South Koreans were upset with an American giving their troops orders and shagging in front of Buddha. I think they'll stay away from that, especially with how much the Asian film industry/box office has grown over the last decade +.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The role of NK in future Bond Films   The role of NK in future Bond Films Empty

Back to top Go down

The role of NK in future Bond Films
Page 1 of 1