More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.

Go down 
+2
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Thevan7F
6 posters

55th Anniversary James Bond films
Yes
55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. Vote_lcap50%55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Not Necessary
55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. Vote_lcap25%55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
I not quite sure
55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. Vote_lcap25%55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Thevan7F
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Thevan7F

55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. Empty
PostSubject: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 9:37 am

Well it going to be the new year 2017. In 1987 as I remember the James Bond franchise celebrated the 25th Anniversary with Timothy Dalton as the new James Bond. The Question of 55 years of the Franchise is necessary to celebrate. We celebrate in 2012 the 50th Anniversary. Although to date You Only Live Twice 50 year old. The Spy Who loved me will 40,The Living Daylights will 30 & lastly Tomorrow never Dies will be 20. I put the poll. Of the update with SPECTRE James Bond movie added in the films. The third vote is if not quite sure about it.
jump
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 2:07 pm

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.
Back to top Go down
Thevan7F
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Thevan7F

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 8:36 am

FieldsMan wrote:
I'm not quite sure what you're asking.
I mean is it necessary to celebrate the 55th James Bond Films series next year 2017 or do we wait till 2022?
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 9:04 am

I don't think it's necessary to celebrate it as it's more of a footnote sounding anniversary to celebrate. The individual films reaching their decade milestones seem to be very much worth noting though particularly You Only Live Twice. It's weird now knowing why my parents say "gee, it's been that long?" when I look at the date for Tomorrow Never Dies.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 12:50 pm

I'd like to see Eon focus on YOLT, TSWLM, TLD and TND next year, since they are milestone anniversaries, but there doesn't need to be a celebration for the series entering its 55th year.

Strangways&Quarrel wrote:
It's weird now knowing why my parents say "gee, it's been that long?" when I look at the date for Tomorrow Never Dies.

Crazy. And yet, TND continues to be as relevant as ever.
Back to top Go down
Professor Train
Cipher Clerk
Professor Train

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 2:24 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
I'd like to see Eon focus on YOLT, TSWLM, TLD and TND next year, since they are milestone anniversaries, but there doesn't need to be a celebration for the series entering its 55th year.

Strangways&Quarrel wrote:
It's weird now knowing why my parents say "gee, it's been that long?" when I look at the date for Tomorrow Never Dies.

Crazy. And yet, TND continues to be as relevant as ever.

Yes, that would be how I would view it as well. That would be the best course of action.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 11:49 pm

Nothing particularly special about the number 55 so I wouldn't make too much of a fuss about it. We certainly don't need another Bond film with tiresome homages thrown in (not that there's a film slated for next year, I just mean as a general rule).

FieldsMan wrote:
And yet, TND continues to be as relevant as ever.

Not sure about that. In this day and age, purveyors of Fake News™ and the hordes of dunderheads who get their "information" from soshul meeja are more worrisome than the print and cable TV moguls of yesteryear. Just today, Pakistan's defence minister threatened Israel with nuclear weaponry (on Twitter, naturally) on the basis of a fabricated article. Elliot Carver could cause more havoc with a smartphone than he ever could with a media company and a missile-laden stealth boat.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 2:57 am

Sure, the technology changes, but it's still rooted in fake news.

Besides, perhaps Bond's phone in the film foreshadows and symbolises the advanced smart technology of today. yes
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 6:32 am

It's not just the delivery method that's changed though. These days more people get news from their Facebook feed - from both reputable and nonsense sources - than they do from established newspapers and television stations. Carver's quest for media dominance amounts to bupkis in a world where any schlub with opposable thumbs can make and distribute "news."

FieldsMan wrote:

Besides, perhaps Bond's phone in the film foreshadows and symbolises the advanced smart technology of today. yes

Alas, no KauffmanZapper app in the works just yet.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 11:44 am

And whilst 'driverless' tech is ever-progressing, I think we've still a while to go before we're driving our cars with our mobys.
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 6:59 pm

CJB wrote:
Not sure about that. In this day and age, purveyors of Fake News™ and the hordes of dunderheads who get their "information" from soshul meeja are more worrisome than the print and cable TV moguls of yesteryear. Just today, Pakistan's defence minister threatened Israel with nuclear weaponry (on Twitter, naturally) on the basis of a fabricated article. Elliot Carver could cause more havoc with a smartphone than he ever could with a media company and a missile-laden stealth boat.

To be fair, most of the Balkan teenagers writing a lot of the fake news being circulated nowadays will probably have enough money saved up soon to buy the missile-laden stealth boat.
Back to top Go down
Thevan7F
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Thevan7F

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 12:54 am

It look like there might be 55th anniversary. What give that hint ,Corgi Which has been doing Bond cars like the Classic Aston Martin DB5 & Lotus as well. Corgi are bringing back the The Spy Who love me Lotus Esprit & Daniel Craig Aston Martin DBS & another DB10 which might be different then the first because I look at product code with number high. So stick around what new.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 9:06 am

Thevan7F wrote:
It look like there might be 55th anniversary. What give that hint ,Corgi Which has been doing Bond cars like the Classic Aston Martin DB5 & Lotus as well. Corgi are bringing back the The Spy Who love me Lotus Esprit & Daniel Craig Aston Martin DBS & another DB10 which might be different then the first because I look at product code with number high. So stick around what new.

Also, Big Chief Studios has succeeded Sideshow, and is about to roll out new figurines; their work looks superb.

55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. 15538924_226256874480200_5128695442577555456_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQxMTgxMDYyMzc5NzIzODkwMw%3D%3D.2

55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. O_1b4m1eiir6is191k1f371frv10imd

55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. Bigchiefbond-12242016
(Couldn't find an individual Connery one)

I imagine their going to be pricey. If they're reasonable, I might get the Goldfinger one, just because I have a few Connery Bond and an Oddjob one from Sideshow... Then when I make my first million, I'll complete the set. sigh
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Those look great, but the likes of actual cloth being used for the clothing would lead me to believe you're right about them probably being pricey.

Am collecting the Doctor Who figurine collection, but those are completely cast in metal resin and are £8.99 once a fortnight. Not exactly bank-breaking.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 11:35 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Those look great, but the likes of actual cloth being used for the clothing would lead me to believe you're right about them probably being pricey.

Am collecting the Doctor Who figurine collection, but those are completely cast in metal resin and are £8.99 once a fortnight. Not exactly bank-breaking.

That was about the same price as the Bond cars and magazine collection a few years back. Much more affordable indeed.
Back to top Go down
Thevan7F
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Thevan7F

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 8:47 am

All I wanted was update James Bond movie Book including SPECTRE & Blu-ray with 24 Bond movies set including also SPECTRE. In the moment you get only Blu-ray set get up 23 with Skyfall That all I want but I have to wait end of the year or maybe next Christmas. sad55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. Spectr10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.   55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise. Empty

Back to top Go down

55th Anniversary James Bond Franchise.
Page 1 of 1