More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Hollywoodies.

Go down 
+9
Control
Gravity's Silhouette
Professor Train
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Hilly
Santa
CJB
Salomé
Blunt Instrument
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Hollywoodies. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
If Ronan Farrow was capable of making dozens of women lie on the record that would make him one of the most powerful men in the media.

That's true. But you can be sure that those who have come forward have something to gain and it might not be justice only. The same article puts it rather well:

Quote :
Here's a certainty: When you play out your personal dramas, hurt and self-interest in the media, it's a confection. You say what you have to say in the way you have to say it to give it media currency – and that's always far from the truth. Often, in fact, someone else says it for you. It's all planned. It's all rehearsed. This is craft. This is strategy. This is manipulation. This is spin.

Well what they have to gain might simply be a form of vengeance?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 5:24 pm

g

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 6:09 pm

I think true justice would require a court other than that of public opinion.

In terms of Heigl, I don't think she was among the women who accused Steven Seagal of predatory behavior, even that talk show bit was very light-hearted in nature.

What you say about Seagal applies to many of the men who have been exposed recently. There had been rumblings about Weinstein and Ratner for a decent amount of time too. I'm not sure why people seem to care more now than they did back then.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 6:59 pm

I see Gal Gadot has said that if Ratner's RatPac production company is involved in any way with the Wonder Woman sequel, she'll walk.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
I see Gal Gadot has said that if Ratner's RatPac production company is involved in any way with the Wonder Woman sequel, she'll walk.  

It will be interesting to see how WB will respond.
Whilst Gal Gadot is a hot property for them after the huge success of Wonder Woman, WB had a long-term deal with Ratner and his production company was involved in several of their (semi-)recent hits.
I wouldn't be too surprised if Gal Gadot does indeed play hardball that they might opt to cast another actress in the role.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 10:13 pm

g

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Unless DC Entertainment lawyers are incompetent or there's a moral turpitude clause in Ratner's contract, Gadot will be locked down. Does this description fit Brett Ratner?

Quote :
Moral turpitude means, in general, shameful wickedness—so extreme a departure from ordinary standards of honest, good morals, justice, or ethics as to be shocking to the moral sense of the community. It has also been defined as an act of baseness, vileness, or depravity in the private and social duties which one person owes to another, or to society in general, contrary to the accepted and customary rule of right and duty between people.

I guess it all depends on how the world feels about shrimp cocktail blowjobs? wink

In any case, considering that we are on our fifth actor portraying the role of Batman in just the past 25 years (and we might soon get to six if the stories about Ben Affleck wanting out of the role are true), I'm not sure that WB is all too worried about the prospect of possibly having to find a replacement for Gal Gadot.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 10:22 pm

g

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 10:38 pm

http://defamer.gawker.com/remember-when-38-year-old-jerry-seinfeld-dated-a-17-yea-1714153938

It is interesting that some people have found it necessary to dig up this old story in the context of the wider allegations against supposedly predatory men. I have no opinion either way about Jerry Seinfeld, but it seems nefarious to lump in a seemingly consensual relationship that admittedly does include a significant age difference with the behavior of what are/were clearly predatory men (if the allegations about them are true).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 10:48 pm

g

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 12:15 am

Jerry Lee Lewis married his thirteen year-old cousin didn't he? But he wasn't Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 2:47 pm

https://www.thecut.com/2017/11/rebecca-traister-on-the-post-weinstein-reckoning.html

I don't agree with everything in this piece, but the author does reveal something that many of the hurrahing feminists are choosing to ignore:

Quote :
A powerful white man losing a job is a death, and don’t be surprised if women wind up punished for the spate of killings.

Many men will absorb the lessons of late 2017 to be not about the threat they’ve posed to women but about the threat that women pose to them. So there will be more — perhaps unconscious — hesitancy about hiring women, less eagerness to invite them to lunch, or send them on work trips with men; men will be warier of mentoring women.

There will be a backlash and that backlash might include otherwise well-meaning men avoiding to work with women just to avoid any possible future accusations.

I the same vein, I noticed a female director on Twitter recently mentioning that a male crew member on a shoot approached her and admitted he was now weary of mentoring young women in his field because it was easy to be perceived as a 'creep'.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 3:11 pm

g

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 3:31 pm

A bit of an overreaction, that piece. For one thing, I have some issues with the notion that women are already on top in the world. In what area of life, exactly?
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Salomé wrote:
A bit of an overreaction, that piece.

I couldn't agree more. Climb down, Gyngell. What a drama queen.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 3:49 pm

So now Bryan Cranston is getting grief for merely suggesting that the likes of Weinstein and Spacey might be redeemed and let back into their industry, given time.

It's funny because that is far more likely to happen than either of them being ostracized for perpetuity.

People have very short memories. They seem to have forgotten how utterly destroyed Mel Gibson's career and reputation was at one point, the same man who was nominated for a best director Oscar last year and is getting acting gigs in increasingly bigger movies as well.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 10:05 pm

Recall Robin Williams' joking once that Gibson had the misfortune to find the one Jewish Highway patrolman. Now, as you say, look at him.

Way Hollywood is, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Weinstein or Spacey redeemed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 9:52 pm

And now Rocky??? eek oh my! facepalm thumbs down shake head pftt cry more
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 10:23 pm

I'm surprised that Arnie has gotten out of this unscathed so far.
He did have the nickname of "Octopus" at one time for his wandering hands.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 2:34 am

I learned recently that Demi Moore snogged a 14 year old boy back in the 80s. Where have the SJWs gone on that one?

Hollywoodies. - Page 7 Article-0-117A2D80000005DC-973_634x472

Not that I want a big deal made out of this. Twenty-Demi was incredible - the kid's a lucky lad. But considering all the emphasis on sexual predation in the 80s, this isn't spoken about.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 7:51 am

What exactly is the context of that kiss?

*edit*

Okay, so this was at a party and she was 19 at the time.
I fail to see the big deal.
Unless we are going to lump all of the college-aged guys who date high school girls into this abuse thing, I don't see how you can equate what Demi Moore is doing there with Roy Moore (which I guess what it is meant as a reaction to?).
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 6:29 pm

So because the age gap is closer it's ok for a 19 year old to make advances toward a 14 year old? And because it's at a party it's ok too? Kevin Spacey was at a party also.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 11:09 am

I'm perpetually disappointed at the fact that Lena Dunham is one of the few successful female showrunners and that she is held up as some sort of role model for (young) women. I never liked her, nor her show, but her reaction to the sexual assault accusation within her own writers' room has brought my dislike for her to a new level.

Hollywoodies. - Page 7 R2vTVXz

Pretty much this, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 4:25 am

g

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 9:35 am

I believe that's from her follow-up statement in which she was doing damage control.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hollywoodies.   Hollywoodies. - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hollywoodies.
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: