More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd? Empty
PostSubject: Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd?   Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd? EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 6:08 pm

I really like Bruce Glover as Mr. Wint and thought he did an excellent job, but Pitter Smith is just not on his level at all, and I wonder why of all actors, was he picked for that role?
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd?   Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd? EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 5:46 am

No clue regarding the casting process, but I suppose it's an "opposites attract" coupling. Glover is the cologne-bathing dandy while Smith is a geeky schlub.
Back to top Go down
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

PostSubject: Re: Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd?   Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd? EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 6:16 am

True it is opposite's attract.  I just felt they could have gotten a better acting schlub.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd?   Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd? EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 4:01 pm

It was considerably odder that Eon cast Lazenby, a non-actor, as Bond and then compunded that error by appointing a first-time director to guide him. I'll be charitable and say that was Fucking Insane.

Putter I liked.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd?   Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd? EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 1:43 am

Guy Hamilton was a jazz hound who saw Putter onstage one night and thought he had a very interesting look.
That's essentially how it came to pass as I understand it.

And the weird thing is it absolutely works in DAF. I love his performance in that it's so weird and almost a non-performance that it carries a quality of weird menace just in the way Fleming wrote the Wint and Kidd characters originally. All he needs is a card saying MY BLOOD GROUP IS "F".

And Putter just gives Bruce Glover a perfect reflecting board to bounce all over the place.

Wint & Kidd Forever!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd?   Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd? EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 2:55 pm

hegottheboot wrote:
Wint & Kidd Forever!

This was the name of their never-broadcast Nickelodeon series. Cancelled and destroyed by order of Viacom.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd?   Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd? EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Putter Smith seems to work, adds to DAF's charm if bizarre edges. His line about Tiffany on the plane is a highlight if not for the reaction he draws from Wint.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd?   Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd? EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 1:07 am

^ That moment is a personal favourite of mine. How can anyone not like DAF?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd?   Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why did they choose Putter Smith of all people to play Mr. Kidd?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Diamonds Are Forever (1971)-
Jump to: