More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

When PC culture goes too far

Go down 
+4
Gravity's Silhouette
CJB
Santa
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 3:36 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/16/us/turtle-researcher-women-bikinis-richard-vogt.html

This new puritanism is pathetic. So I'm to believe that a room of grown-ups were shocked by some pictures of half-naked individuals?

Especially since if I am reading this right, the pictures were of professionals who were just attired to work in water in hot conditions?

Modesty rules are sexist in nature, whether they come from the left or the right.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 4:21 pm

This is how these people operate and how they take over and destroy institutions. They gin up some faux outrage--Women in bikinis! Quelle horreur!--then use the alleged offense as a pretext to create committees for inclusivity and diversity or some such tommyrot. This, in turn, functions as an affirmative action (positive discrimination) device to bring in more fools who share the beliefs of the saboteurs. It happens every day.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 5:10 am

This article has been going viral on Twitter:

Morbidly obese woman strips to thong in Times Square, expects to be "fat-shamed", but discovers something worse: she's cat-called and wolf-whistled at (the horror!!!!)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5917977/Plus-size-blogger-Anna-OBrien-says-fetishized-posing-bikini-Times-Square.html
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 1:31 pm

We had some students up north graffiti a Kipling poem branding him a racist and Imperialist. I guess next we'll be removing half of the statues in Parliament Square soon, including Abe Lincoln.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2018 12:32 am

Hilly KCMG wrote:
We had some students up north graffiti a Kipling poem branding him a racist and Imperialist. I guess next we'll be removing half of the statues in Parliament Square soon, including Abe Lincoln.

That's their aim.

Churchill will probably be the first historical figure to be disavowed.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2018 3:44 pm

Didn't some recent London lawyer--I think they called him Red Ken--have some statues removed because they clashed with our wonderful new, anti-white culture?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2018 11:27 pm

Maybe Khanners, I don't remember reading it though seeing 'Red Ken' makes me think of dear ol' Ken Livingstone our former Mayor of London. Sort of thing he'd do now or Corbyn.

I dare-say you're right CJB. Winnie would be the first to go from Parliament Square. Makes me think, up from Whitehall across St. James' Park and the Mall we have York Place (topped by a Duke of York statue/column -the same who marched his men up and down the hill). On York Place are statues of Keith Park (Fighter Command's 11 Group CO during the Battle of Britain), Scott of the Antarctic, Franklin who went missing trying to find the Northwest Passage and a few others, would they all go if people could? Some tried having one of Cecil Rhodes removed from Oxford University, so I guess they all would.

I think I'm losing my marbles but surely best to leave such things to provoke debate, discussion rather than eliminate them. I dare suggest this of Confederate statues in the States. But then I like History, so I look up things like this so I can be informed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 12:27 am

n

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 3:05 am

If Danuta is representative of the intellectual candle power of women, then no, they don't "got this." Rather, we would all be living in caves again within 150 years. In fact, women have benefited from male genius, toughness and courage more than anybody. Without it, they'd be spitting out a dozen babies and dying at the age of 30. Not that Danuta doesn't deserve such a fate, mark you...
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 12:52 pm

This show is of no interest to me, but I still got drawn into the stupid backlash against its existence. Apparently the entire concept of this is fat-phobic, or something.

I can follow the body-positivity movement up to a certain point, but when we have reached the stage at which it is no longer allowed to plainly state that being (morbidly) overweight is (very) unhealthy, we are deep into cuckoo land. I also don't see who benefits from that. Certainly not the people whose feelings are supposedly spared by treading around the issue that way.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2018 4:34 pm

Not only unhealthy, but what may be worse, unsightly.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 3:25 pm

So James Gunn is kicked out as "Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3" director for some tasteless jokes he made on social media years ago. This new extreme form of purity check on social media is getting absurd. We are reaching the point where Justine Sacco like disasters are becoming the norm. I have little patience for the online pitchfork brigade, regardless of whether the person they are trying to take down is left-wing or right-wing.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2018 3:41 pm

It makes sense why Disney would take that action. Had he been kept on, no doubt a lot the press would keep harping on about those old tweets, which Disney would not want to deal with. As far as they're concerned, he's expendable because audiences will go see that third film regardless of who's directing. Disney is definitely taking more of the old Hollywood approach of treating their directors/actors as expendable, with the exception of RDJ.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2018 4:18 pm

The media can't coerce the willing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 8:50 am

n

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 3:08 pm

Salomé wrote:
So James Gunn is kicked out as "Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3" director for some tasteless jokes he made on social media years ago. This new extreme form of purity check on social media is getting absurd. We are reaching the point where Justine Sacco like disasters are becoming the norm. I have little patience for the online pitchfork brigade, regardless of whether the person they are trying to take down is left-wing or right-wing.

"I will do what Im legally obligated to do but @Guardians without @JamesGunn is not what I signed up for. GOTG w/o @JamesGunn just isn’t GOTG. Its also pretty nauseating to work for someone who’d empower a smear campaign by fascists #cybernazis . That’s just how I feel"--Dave Bautista

Dave's a good man.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2018 2:35 pm

It's pretty funny to consider that Caroline Criado-Perez is now held up as one of the more important feminists in the UK and by extension Europe when her accomplishments can be summed up as follows:

- Putting a woman on a banknote
- Getting a statue of a feminist in Parliament square

Now she has started a campaign against the planned move of the Emmeline Pankhurst statue to the grounds of a private college.

But whose life has she tangibly improved with any of that? She has primarily raised her own profile. If she can become one of its leaders than the movement has clearly stopped caring about doing anything beneficiary from a societal point of view.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 8:02 am

Never heard of her until now. I tend to ignore anyone who lists "activist" as their job title.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 2:21 pm

j

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
her accomplishments can be summed up as follows:

- Putting a woman on a banknote

Doesn't the Queen count then?

Salomé wrote:
But whose life has she tangibly improved with any of that? She has primarily raised her own profile.

Do you think women enter the BBC, public sector, universities, charities and NHS in order to serve? That's in the distant past. These days it's for the tax-payer guaranteed salaries, unionisation, low hours, sick-time and holidays, and the only final salary pension plans still available in Britain.

I don't believe these women delude theselves that they're helping others rather than themselves. They know they're looting the country.

Ian Fleming approves of this post!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 1:16 pm

CJB wrote:
Never heard of her until now. I tend to ignore anyone who lists "activist" as their job title.

Excellent idea!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When PC culture goes too far   When PC culture goes too far - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

When PC culture goes too far
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2