More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The bridge game in Moonraker

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

The bridge game in Moonraker Empty
PostSubject: The bridge game in Moonraker   The bridge game in Moonraker EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Just wondering if anyone could decipher the bridge game in MR for me, or if there's a link online anywhere that has it covered. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: The bridge game in Moonraker   The bridge game in Moonraker EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 6:34 pm

No one? I ask because I'm trying to write a Bond screenplay, and I feel like I can't get much further with the villain's character without first writing the bridge game he cheats in.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The bridge game in Moonraker   The bridge game in Moonraker EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Satchmo, I recommended either learning Bridge, or have your villain play a banking game that you're familiar with. Just not scrabble.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: The bridge game in Moonraker   The bridge game in Moonraker EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 9:24 pm

I've been trying to teach myself bridge. Somehow I haven't found much time for it though!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The bridge game in Moonraker   The bridge game in Moonraker EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 2:59 am

****** SPOILER ALERT********

Bond dealt himself Q and seven small diamonds and AQTxx in clubs. He bid 7 Clubs, making clubs trumps, not diamonds. Drax (on Bond's right) doubled, and he redoubled.

Because Bond held AQT over Drax's KJ9, he could finesse clubs by leading from dummy and simply covering whatever card Drax played. To get to dummy, he ruffed diamonds twice (having dealt M a diamond void), which would drop Drax's AK doubleton. Once all the trumps had been drawn by finessing through Drax, then the diamonds were all winners.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The bridge game in Moonraker   The bridge game in Moonraker EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Great to see you about, Hazzard. Don't be a stranger, alright?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bridge game in Moonraker   The bridge game in Moonraker Empty

Back to top Go down

The bridge game in Moonraker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: James Bond Merchandise-
Jump to: