More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Supernatural Horror Films

Go down 
+5
CJB
Strangways&Quarrel
bitchcraft
Blunt Instrument
Kath
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

Supernatural Horror Films - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernatural Horror Films   Supernatural Horror Films - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 10:41 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
I've yet to see an oriental horror, unless you count that underground vid of George Takei and the schnauzer...

Audition is very good

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0235198/

Ju-On: The Grudge

Dark Water 2002 this one really packs an emotion punch

Pulse 2001 just a great nihilistic movie

Takashi Miike films

the Ringu series

Exte: Hair Extensions...sounds ridiculous in concept but effective but does have a pretty sweet story line. I will watch anything Chiaki Kuriyama in it..she's so yummy

A Tale of Two Sisters was quite popular but not really a fav of mine

Noriko's Dinner Table not really a horror movie but I loved this one.

Marebito

Kwaidan (1964) excellent

the Guinea Pig series

Noroi: The Curse (2005)

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural Horror Films   Supernatural Horror Films - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 10:43 am

I forgot Shutter (2004)...another that wasn't a fav of mine but people seemed to love it

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural Horror Films   Supernatural Horror Films - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 3:19 pm

Sarai wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Salomé wrote:
"Ouija 2: Origin of Evil" is really a lot better than an entry into a franchise devoted to a game has any right being.

Mostly thanks to Mike Flanagan.

It doesn't quite stick the landing (at least for my money) but what comes before that is a very well made little horror film.

Another one that is firmly on my Watch List.

Incidentally, I actually received a Ouija Board as a Christmas present when I was about 12-13 years old. I really knew nothing about the thing and assumed it was merely a harmless toy (which it may be, BTW). Playing with it, I never had any supernatural experiences, but I began to hear stories about bad things that happened to people who played with it, and discretion being the better part of valor, chucked the blasted thing in the rubbish bin.

The board itself has no power and you can just as easily use a wine glass and cut out letters. The end result is usually a bunch of people sitting around a candle lit room trying to create a spooky atmosphere while one or more people consciously or subconsciously push the glass around. It's quite rare to experience the real thing and even rarer to find someone who has the ability. You know it's real when you have absolutely zero doubts that it happened because there is just no mistaking it. if you are 50%, 80% even 99% sure it was a legit experience it probably wasn't when it's real you will know and have zero doubt 

You seem to have firsthand knowledge of this subject.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural Horror Films   Supernatural Horror Films - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Supernatural Horror Films
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5