More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Why Sir Rog came back for this.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Why Sir Rog came back for this. Empty
PostSubject: Why Sir Rog came back for this.   Why Sir Rog came back for this. EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 12:31 am

Let's set up the playing field. After MOONRAKER, Sir Rog's contract was finished, becoming a free agent. This is why we've heard considerations of FOR YOUR EYES ONLY being a debut for a Bond actor. Ultimately, EON had decided to offer Sir Rog a fifth film, to the relief of John Glen on his directorial debut. After that, it seemed like Moore's tenure had reached an end. EON is looking at new actors, even going as far a screen testing James Brolin. But with NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN on the horizon, it made more sense than ever to bring back Sir Rog for a sixth film so you have two veteran Bonds at it at the box office. It pays off, with OCTOPUSSY overtaking Connery's film. This might as well solidify Moore's tenure and legacy within the franchise. What better way to exit, than Bond giving a woman named Octopussy a good rogering as she screams out his name before the credits?

And yet... EON asked Sir Rog back. After the last two films had serious considerations of looking for a new actor, why did EON not look for one in 1984? As far as I've read, no search for a new actor took place at all. No talks. No screen tests. So, what was the justification for going back to Sir Rog on this instance? Had EON become to complacent with Moore in the role? Did they feel after long running successes with Connery and Moore that lightning would not strike a third time? AVTAK makes me believe that had Moore not declared retirement from the role EON would have kept asking him back for the next four years, no matter how absurd his age was.

I'm asking this because I really would like to know if there were serious talks of a new Bond that I overlooked, and WHY EON ultimately went back to Moore.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

Why Sir Rog came back for this. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Sir Rog came back for this.   Why Sir Rog came back for this. EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 1:46 am

As far as I know they always kept an eye out for new leads and had a list of potentials but it was likely due to the success of OP and MGM/UA now being in control and desperately needing Bond to be their tried and true financial success every two years.
Back to top Go down

Why Sir Rog came back for this.
Page 1 of 1