More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Live and Let Die vs. The Man with the Golden Gun

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ironpony
Q Branch
Q Branch
ironpony

Live and Let Die vs. The Man with the Golden Gun Empty
PostSubject: Live and Let Die vs. The Man with the Golden Gun   Live and Let Die vs. The Man with the Golden Gun EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 6:58 am

I've often thought these are probably Roger Moore's least best movies cause it wasn't until the SPWLM, where his movies found their footing. When comparing LALD to TMWTGG, LALD is all on autopilot. There's not really much of a plot in LALD hardly. It's mainly Bond goes to New York, which is a dead end that leads nowhere, then he steals Solitaire, then she is taken back, then he rescues her, and that's it the movie is over. It's probably the least amount of plot of any Bond movie.

However the action scenes are pretty good and a lot of fun.

TMWTGG has quite a bit more plot and it's pulling on a thread like other Bond movies, where one thing leads to another, which I like a lot better. However, the action scenes are a lot worse and some of the most underwhelming in the series.

So it's a real toss up between the two for me, and which do you think is better?
Back to top Go down

Live and Let Die vs. The Man with the Golden Gun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Live And Let Die (1973)-
Jump to: