More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Man In A Suitcase

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnDrake
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
JohnDrake

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:29 am

"Mac" McGill was a former US intelligence agent who got discredited by his employees when he allowed an official to defect and since then, he has been working as a bounty hunter, demanding huge fees for jobs no one else is willing to handle. He not only plies his trade in London but also abroad in Italy, France, Spain and Africa.

Bradford was superb as the man in a suitcase, extremely convincing in the fight sequences and also able to portray a hero who was vulnerable.

Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Sweet Sue - about the only episode I've watched.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:18 pm

I quite liked it when I last saw the series, years ago when I think they were shown on BBC2 (late 90's I think). The theme tune was one of those that lingers long after a viewing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:36 pm

The theme tune was used by Chris Evans' TFI Friday, wasn't it? It certainly haunts your mind for days.
Back to top Go down
JohnDrake
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
JohnDrake

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
The theme tune was used by Chris Evans' TFI Friday, wasn't it? It certainly haunts your mind for days.

It certainly was. Here it is.

If you haven't already, you must all watch the episode Burden Of Proof. Mac wears a tux in that and reminds me so much of James Bond. MIAS was filmed in 1966/67, probably roughly the time they were filming YOLT.

Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:46 pm

Yes, yes liking your threads very much Mr Drake! :cheers:
Back to top Go down
JohnDrake
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
JohnDrake

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Cheers, danslittlefinger :D . Much appreciated. At least Chris Evans had taste by including that as his show's theme tune. I was at work today and couldn't help but hum it.

I am currently watching an episode of MIAS called The Sitting Pigeon which has a proto-Sweeney feel because it involves a protection job for McGill where he has to babysit a vital gangland witness. Garfield Morgan (RIP) who was Chief Insp. Haskins in The Sweeney turns up in this as a rather violent detective and other Sweeney faces in the ep are George Sewell (he played Tolman in series 4 ep Bait) and Joe Melia (he was the informant drilled with machine gun bullets in Sweeney!).
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:31 pm

JohnDrake wrote:
Cheers, danslittlefinger :D . Much appreciated. At least Chris Evans had taste by including that as his show's theme tune. I was at work today and couldn't help but hum it.

I am currently watching an episode of MIAS called The Sitting Pigeon which has a proto-Sweeney feel because it involves a protection job for McGill where he has to babysit a vital gangland witness. Garfield Morgan (RIP) who was Chief Insp. Haskins in The Sweeney turns up in this as a rather violent detective and other Sweeney faces in the ep are George Sewell (he played Tolman in series 4 ep Bait) and Joe Melia (he was the informant drilled with machine gun bullets in Sweeney!).

Because of this thread and of course, my admiration for all things McGoohan, I am revisiting the series as we speak.
That's all down to you, so your missionary work has been successful for today. laugh
Back to top Go down
JohnDrake
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
JohnDrake

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Cheers. I came across a clip from a Columbo episode last night in which McGoohan appeared as a murderous double agent. I think he was basically an evil version of John Drake and he even said 'be seeing you' in one clip, a reference to his days as The Prisoner.

Going to carry on watching The Sitting Pigeon in a mo. After that, I'll watch more episodes, mainly the ones I consider to be the best of the remaining lot.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Keep an eye out for a very young Ian McCulloch in Sweet Sue playing Kemp in the card game.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 3:25 pm

McGoohan had a long relationship with Columbo. Probably as well known Stateside for that as The Prisoner of Secret Agent.
Back to top Go down
JohnDrake
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
JohnDrake

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
Keep an eye out for a very young Ian McCulloch in Sweet Sue playing Kemp in the card game.

I have done. Boy does he look young there. What would B & D have thought seeing him get punched by McGill? laugh ;)
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 8:42 pm

He does look young. And very edible :D

I think they'd cheer anyone with the guts to take on Macklin, don't you think? :D
Back to top Go down
JohnDrake
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
JohnDrake

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:00 pm

Yeah, I do :) .

I think it's a pity Richard Bradford never had a cameo in The Pros. He was back acting in America after MIAS finished, but he would have been awesome in a Pros episode where he plays a military expert who trains B & D in sophisticated anti-terrorist techniques when they take on a very dangerous mission to quell a gang even more organized than the Meyer Helmut group in Close Quarters (series 1).

Just watched a bit of MIAS ep Essay In Evil and Mac has a terrific ruck with a heavy called Crick (played by stuntman Peter Brace).
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:03 pm

Honourable mention should be made to the blue trunks Bradford wore in Sweet Sue. I do like a pair of trunks so tight you can tell what religion a man is. Shame about the socks, though.
Back to top Go down
JohnDrake
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
JohnDrake

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:17 pm

You should also see him dance. He shows off some pretty neat moves in Castle In The Clouds (I think).

IMHO Three Blinks Of The Eye was the most outrageous episode because it featured a very wild cabaret involving a red-haired young lady and a guillotine! :shock:
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:55 pm

I think I'm going to have to have a search on You Tube for these. They sound too good to miss.
Back to top Go down
JohnDrake
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
JohnDrake

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 9:58 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
I think I'm going to have to have a search on You Tube for these. They sound too good to miss.

Check out Banner1979. Type in his name, go to his channel and you'll find some choice MIAS clips as well as three full episodes - Find The Lady, Why They Killed Nolan and Day Of Execution (aka Mariocki). I'll post up the links if you want.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 10:04 pm

Ooo - thanks for that
Back to top Go down
JohnDrake
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
JohnDrake

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 10:25 pm

You're welcome. This is a top episode with good action scenes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Man In A Suitcase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man In A Suitcase   Man In A Suitcase Empty

Back to top Go down

Man In A Suitcase
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Television & Radio-
Jump to: