More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  Empty
PostSubject: Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.    Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 2:08 am

I've had this article opened in a tab for some time to post here when I could (and remembered). Quite the life she's lived. I'm not one for documentaries but I'm quite eager to see Tina.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/upcoming-movies/tina-turner-bids-farewell-to-fans-as-she-battles-ptsd-as-well-as-stroke-cancer-and-kidney-failure/news-story/68f77ad02ff8ac0e685842847cea26cc?utm_campaign=EditorialSB&utm_source=news.com.au&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_content=SocialBakers

How perfect her voice was for the world of James Bond. Shame she never returned for another. Could have been modern Bond's Shirley Bassey.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.    Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 12:06 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:

How perfect her voice was for the world of James Bond. Shame she never returned for another. Could have been modern Bond's Shirley Bassey.

I agree. Would've been great to get her back for, say, DAD to mark the 40th anniversary with something suitably Bassey-esque; instead we got a full-bodied dry heave set to music (h/t Seinfeld).
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.    Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 7:17 am

laugh

I have a soft spot for Madonna's theme. It tries for something different and yet still feels rather Bondian.

I wonder if she was ever asked to return to the series. Does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.    Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 10:47 am

I'd be surprised, but in doing a quick Google search I did manage to find this article from 2002 when she was announced:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2002/mar/20/news.madonna

Quote :
... in recent years attempts to cater to a more youthful audience - drafting in Duran Duran for A View to a Kill in 1985...

You know 2002 was nearly a generation ago when AVTAK was described as "recent" and Duran Duran "youthful."
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.    Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 11:42 am

Even in 2002, the then 17-year old AVTAK being called 'recent' seems like a stretch.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.    Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 10:21 pm

As I was born in 1985, it didn't feel recent when I watched DAD in 2002 that was for sure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.    Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 6:44 am

"Billie Eilish is confirmed to sing the theme for No Time To Die. It follows the series' recent attempts to cater for a more youthful audience, drafting in Nancy Sinatra in 1967's You Only Live Twice."
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.    Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 10:43 am

Kids these days with their rock musics.

I was looking for that stock photo of teenagers we always used to post on Old MI6 but can't find it. sad
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.    Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 11:20 am

Awww I don't recall that teen pic.

EDIT: I just realised it was 10 since we were last at KTBEU.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.    Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 12:07 pm

Yes indeed, a whole decade.

Still think it's a damned shame whatshisface fucked his whole community the way he did by deleting KTBEU and every quality post (not to mention that fanfic I wrote about Roger Moore in Kevin McClory's Warhead featuring robot sharks).
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.    Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 2:16 pm

You wrote a fanfic about Moore in Warhead? oh my!

Why am I struggling to remember this stuff?
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.    Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 12:13 pm

Yes, it featured some of my best double entendre work. Not to mention "Bond cocked an eyebrow" every other page.
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.    Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 3:49 pm

Shame CJB I'm a big fan of double entendres, sounds wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.    Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 7:55 pm

I remember that work, CJB. It was glorious.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.    Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Tina Turner bids farewell to fans.
Page 1 of 1