More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Not quite Fleming

Go down 
+2
CJB
Hilly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Not quite Fleming Empty
PostSubject: Not quite Fleming   Not quite Fleming EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 12:43 am

Well chaps, I'll put it here. I've been putting the odd piece out for the university magazine since November. Usually historical pieces. Other week, I randomly suggested doing a piece for Bond60. I didn't have much time, a day or two and I forced it through (he says), helped by Dutch Courage. It's worth a giggle maybe and include it here.

https://pugwashmagazine.wordpress.com/2022/05/30/forever-on-her-majestys-secret-service-60-years-of-bond/

needless to say, the Falklands40 piece I did in April which I'm waiting on to be published, was a bit more well rounded.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Not quite Fleming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite Fleming   Not quite Fleming EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm

You've summed up six decades very well indeed.

Great answer you got out of Laz there.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Not quite Fleming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite Fleming   Not quite Fleming EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 12:58 am

Thanks, not my best piece what with time but well, someone's got to educate these student types :D

As for Laze, I wanted to ask him about him and Rigg but somehow that question came out. Sums him up I think, in a good way. Just get on with life and blow people.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Not quite Fleming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite Fleming   Not quite Fleming EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 11:22 am

Decent work, Hilly old chap.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

Not quite Fleming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite Fleming   Not quite Fleming EmptyMon Jun 06, 2022 2:12 am

If only all published Bond articles were so thoroughly researched by a Baronet.

I would've been pissing myself with nervousness meeting Lazenby...still would... big grin
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

Not quite Fleming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite Fleming   Not quite Fleming EmptySat Jun 18, 2022 11:56 pm

Not quite Fleming 1f44d

great read Hilly, thank you
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

Not quite Fleming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite Fleming   Not quite Fleming EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 4:59 pm

Hilly wrote:
As for Laze, I wanted to ask him about him and Rigg but somehow that question came out. Sums him up I think, in a good way. Just get on with life and blow people.

Not at all, much rather the question you did ask! So direct, great response.

Good piece here, and keep on informing these academic types.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Not quite Fleming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite Fleming   Not quite Fleming EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:43 pm

You're all most kind. I continue to educate. Indeed, I dare say you chaps helped the magazine. At the end of year thingy, we've had over 6000 views for the academic year more than double than last year.

But you make a fake baronet blush colgate

hegottheboot wrote:
If only all published Bond articles were so thoroughly researched by a Baronet.

I would've been pissing myself with nervousness meeting Lazenby...still would... big grin

I wouldn't say researched, ha. I had promised the editor at the meeting on a Wednesday, that I'll get it done by the Friday. Trouble is things got in the way, so come Friday, some Dutch courage and done in ten minutes.

As for Laze, well, I was sixth in line and nerves were pressing. Somehow I got the words out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not quite Fleming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not quite Fleming   Not quite Fleming Empty

Back to top Go down

Not quite Fleming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: