More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched.

Go down 
+7
Blackfriar
Salomé
CJB
Blunt Instrument
Perilagu Khan
trevanian
Phantom Commander
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2024 4:34 pm

DOCTOR X
The first horror movie in colour. Must have been sensational in 1932. It looks fantastic and there are some nice bizarre scenes, but it is marred by bad acting and stupid humour.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 15, 2024 8:37 am

LEON
Contender for best Besson film.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 15, 2024 11:08 am

Many years since I last saw that ... festures a marvellously unhinged Gary Oldman performance, if memory serves. A little searching tells me that Leon was scored by Eric Serra, and that drippy guff he inflicted on the GE credits (The Experience Of Love) was also on the Leon soundtrack.

Wow, imagine thinking that crap was worth using twice.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 15, 2024 12:09 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Many years since I last saw that ... festures a marvellously unhinged Gary Oldman performance, if memory serves. A little searching tells me that Leon was scored by Eric Serra, and that drippy guff he inflicted on the GE credits (The Experience Of Love) was also on the Leon soundtrack.

Wow, imagine thinking that crap was worth using twice.

Was it? I didn´t even notice, but the score/soundtrack is very much in the background in Leon. Most memorable when it comes to music is Stansfield´s love of Beethoven while committing heinous acts of violence. Maybe a bit influenced by A Clockwork Orange?
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2024 4:25 am

DØDE MENN GÅR PÅ SKI (Dead Men Ski)
Macabre Norwegian crime thriller comedy, based on a popular book and a salute to similar mystery thrillers from the post WW2-era. Quirky and entertaining enough.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2024 1:54 pm

LUCY
My other favourite Besson film beside Leon. Funny that both titles are four letter names starting with L.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:02 am

PETITE MAMAN
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 FeaturealtfbFITIpetitemaman-1024x512
Very sweet French little film about adults and children and the relationship between generations. Quite original, I love it.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 22, 2024 5:34 pm

THE LITTLE RASCALS
The 90s movie. This was just dumb, but I guess kids may like it.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 23, 2024 5:17 am

LOOPER
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 13849
Very clever and thought provoking. Rian Johnson´s best movie.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 23, 2024 11:30 am

Somewhat of a 'trouble on campus' 80s double-bill last night.

Night Of The Creeps - sci-fi comedy-horror in which alien parasites are released on a uni campus, and mayhem ensues. It's the sort of movie where every character's surname is the same as that of a genre director. Chuckles. gore and some tits ... everything this sort of movie should have, really. Good fun.

The House On Sorority Row - slasher in which the female members of a frat house piss off the 'house mother', and she turns murderously vengeful as a result. Some nice touches (the killer is at least a little different, and there's a decapitated head in a toilet at one stage which is a new one on me as these movies go), but otherwise fairly standard. No real chuckles (apart from at some shonky acting), a fair bit of gore and not enough tits tbh.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 4:38 am

LOVING VINCENT
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 Image-w1280
Amazing film, animated using only oil paintings by a staff of a hundred people. Nearly 67 000 paintings to make the film, and 94 of van Gogh´s paintings are incorporated as scenes or people. One of a kind.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2024 4:21 am

THE MARTIAN
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 The_martian_tearjerker
Ridley Scott´s Robinson Crusoe (although based on a book), but with a sci fi twist.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2024 7:29 am

Phantom Commander wrote:
LUCY
My other favourite Besson film beside Leon. Funny that both titles are four letter names starting with L.

Even my suspension of disbelief was defeated by ScarJo turning into some sort of supercomputer seemingly made of black jelly. Too absurd for me.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2024 7:17 am

The Conjuring - 70s-set horror based on true events, in which a family are terrorised by malevolent forces in their new home and turn to paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren for help. A very effective chiller with Ron Livingston, Lili Taylor, Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2024 3:13 pm

One of the scariest films I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 4:38 am

THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 MenWhoStareatGoats
Interesting and fun. The reality is probably far more sinister.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 6:28 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
One of the scariest films I've ever seen.

Clap clap ...
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 29, 2024 8:14 am

METROPOLIS
Visionary film with a message. Very theatrical like films of that era tended to be for natural reasons, almost like a ballet.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 8:16 am

MEN IN BLACK 3
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 Thumb_5EE40E7C-8D96-41E2-8940-FF539D42170A
This is a pretty poor franchise, but there are some things to enjoy in this one. It is a well written story.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:38 am

MINDHUNTERS
This tries to be clever, but seems pointless to me. A group of profilers are sent on a training mission, and then they find they have a real killer among them.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2024 4:07 pm

Cyborg - passable late-80s Van Damme dystopian sci-fi actioner, in which he's on the trail of the titular creation because it holds the cure to a plague. Starring the Muscles From Brussels and a load of people you've literally never heard of.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 6:05 pm

MINORITY REPORT
Great story, but pretty sad. Good job expanding PKD´s short story, which was also brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 06, 2024 11:16 am

The Mummy - local Cineworld is running a '99 season, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to see this action-adventure take on the classic horror tale on the big screen again. Still a fine slice of Indy-esque escapist fun with Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, John Hannah and Arnold Vosloo.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 06, 2024 7:48 pm

Eyes Wide Shut has been my favorite movie to watch for awhile now. I don't know if it's his best but it has the most repeat value for me.
sort of like The Wizard of Oz or Alice in Wonderland for adults, incredible flow and beautiful on the senses
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 07, 2024 5:40 am

MONGOL
Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 Images-original
Great film about Djengis Khan, his background and rise to power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched.
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next